2021-2022 Albany

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Albany send complete emails? I haven't received mine... should i email or call the school's admissions office about this or will this annoy them?
 
Does Albany send complete emails? I haven't received mine... should i email or call the school's admissions office about this or will this annoy them?
I don’t think I received a complete email either—you just need to make sure that you finalize your app after submitting…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They haven’t interviewed 800 applicants.....

It’s the rejection letter given at the end of the cycle. They prob just too lazy to personalize it for different circumstances.
Albany received 11344 applications and interviewed 726 people last cycle in TOTAL. Its literally September relax everyone. Just trying to dispel any fear and neuroticism the previous poster might elicit
 
Albany secondary application site down?

Question: for the question asking about academic inconsistencies, If I got a 504 (124 in chem/phys) but have a 3.8 cgpa should I answer the prompt? I can't think of valid enough reasons to explain away the low score (my FLs were higher, COVID made studying difficult, I studied chem and physics but it wasn't my day: I'm not sure these are good enough)
 
Albany secondary application site down?

Question: for the question asking about academic inconsistencies, If I got a 504 (124 in chem/phys) but have a 3.8 cgpa should I answer the prompt? I can't think of valid enough reasons to explain away the low score (my FLs were higher, COVID made studying difficult, I studied chem and physics but it wasn't my day: I'm not sure these are good enough)
Honestly if you had an excuse for a single section maybe (I write about CARS because I’m dyslexic so it’s super difficult) but I wouldn’t really talk about how you should have done better. It comes off bad, especially because standardized tests like the MCAT demonstrate motivation for perhaps the STEP exams. Take this as you will.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad