2021-2022 Arizona, Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
best of luck to you too!! And congrats on the A from UA Tucson.

Did you get an email notification for the R or did you have to check the portal? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on anything.
Whats the link the portal again ?

Members don't see this ad.

Dang I’m so sorry to hear that and thank you for your wishes. Was it Pre-II or post-II? When were you complete and IS or OOS?

Sending you positive vibes.
Thank you! This R was pre-II and I'm OOS. Not unexpected but still hopeful that I'll be able to enjoy the Arizona sun next year. On hold at UA Tucson and II for Mayo Arizona. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if UA Phoenix is receptive to pre-II update/interest letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! This R was pre-II and I'm OOS. Not unexpected but still hopeful that I'll be able to enjoy the Arizona sun next year. On hold at UA Tucson and II for Mayo Arizona. :)
I hope you get As for Tucson and Mayo!! Best of luck! Also if you don’t mind answering, when was your secondary complete?

The fact that you have an interview for Mayo and got pre-II r'd from phoenix is a great testament to how this process is nearly impossible to make sense of :) Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
The fact that you have an interview for Mayo and got pre-II r'd from phoenix is a great testament to how this process is nearly impossible to make sense of :) Good luck!
Thanks! Good luck to you too - I'm rooting for you! :) I definitely believe luck plays a big part in this process if getting IIs from my reaches and rejections from my targets has taught me anything. I'm also a pretty average applicant with very minimal clinical and volunteer experience so it was a nice surprise to receive any IIs in the first place. All I'm looking for is 1 A and I'll be very, very happy.

• Care
Got the call this morning!! Interviewed 10/25, OOS, LM 76, reapplicant

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!! So excited! I’m IS and have been waiting to hear from UA Phx :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Also got II. OOS with no ties, completed in mid sept. wondering if I should schedule the interview that is coming up in a few weeks or the virtual date a couple months later. later interviews = bad?

• Love
Oof, I'm nervous now that they're going past my complete date for OOS students
complete 9/2 and scared that I'll be getting hit with the R soon

• Care
Also got II. OOS with no ties, completed in mid sept. wondering if I should schedule the interview that is coming up in a few weeks or the virtual date a couple months later. later interviews = bad?
Not bad per se, but realize that they are giving seats away on a rolling basis, so later = competing for fewer seats. I would recommend interviewing earlier if at all possible.

Does anyone know if UA Phoenix does silent rejections? Was complete Mid August but haven't heard anything back. OOS but have a lot of ties and so this was one of my top schools :(

Does anyone know if UA Phoenix does silent rejections? Was complete Mid August but haven't heard anything back. OOS but have a lot of ties and so this was one of my top schools :(

They do not. They let you know as soon as a decision is made about your application.
I went to the Applicant Visit Day and Dean Fogerty stressed letting applicants know as soon as they've made a decision. He mentioned they are slow because of the sheer number of applications. So they could've just not gotten to yours yet! There are still more AVD's open. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Are we allowed to send update letters/letters of intent?
Unfortunately, UA Phoenix does not accept updates post submission of your primary app.

Also, just to clarify that letter of intent is for your absolute top choice (if accepted, then I guarantee that I go here), and letter of interest is for your top 3!

Source

Complete 9/5 still silence :( Maybe thats a good thing?

best of luck to you too!! And congrats on the A from UA Tucson.

Did you get an email notification for the R or did you have to check the portal? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on anything.
thank you so much! sorry I'm just now seeing this, I got an email notification!

Just got email saying my app will continue to be "active" Interviewed in August

Hey all, I'm an MS4 at UA COM-P. I don't have any particularly useful info about the application/admissions process but if you have any questions about the school itself as you're trying to make your decisions, feel free to ask, DMs are open.

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R, IS, complete early September. Was my top choice, so this really stings.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Completed secondary early 8/2021. IS, URM. GPA 3.81, MCAT 512. Still have heard nothing lol. Called them today and they said they have 5 interview days left. Anyone else in my boat lol?

Reactions: 7 users
Completed secondary early 8/2021. IS, URM. GPA 3.81, MCAT 512. Still have heard nothing lol. Called them today and they said they have 5 interview days left. Anyone else in my boat lol?
Complete July, silence since. OOS. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

So you’re saying the big R might be coming soon?

• Sad