2021-2022 Arizona, Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got another interview waitlist email

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone gotten an R? or does everyone just get the waitlist emails until an II or R at the end of the cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
is there still a realistic chance to get off the interview waitlist/when does UA finish interviewing, OOS

has anyone gotten an R? or does everyone just get the waitlist emails until an II or R at the end of the cycle?
So last cycle, I got the interview waitlist email in sept which eventually led to a R around Feb/March time. they might be doing those decisions in a similar manner this cycle too.

Reactions: 1 user
is there still a realistic chance to get off the interview waitlist/when does UA finish interviewing, OOS
I think they interview till Feb so yeah, there should still be a chance to get off the waitlist! I’ve read of people getting off last minute too. good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping some calls go out today! Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!! Just got the call, it does not feel real, I'm rooting for everyone here <3 you'll end up where you're meant to be, and your stats def don't define you. I'm currently doing a SMP, cGPA 3.34, sGPA 3.3, 507 mcat! in state applicant and interviewed Nov 5th. I am a re-applicant this cycle too! Anything is possible :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the acceptance call this morning!!! IS. Interviewed mid October.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the acceptance call this morning!!! IS. Interviewed mid October.
Congrats to you and @sofahill23k !!! Quick question, did the caller ID say "spam risk" or just blocked #? I missed a call from "spam risk" this morning and when I go to my call history, it has a 520 area code but it also shows the whole phone number and I'm assuming if it were from Admissions it wouldn't show me the whole number

Congrats to you and @sofahill23k !!! Quick question, did the caller ID say "spam risk" or just blocked #? I missed a call from "spam risk" this morning and when I go to my call history, it has a 520 area code but it also shows the whole phone number and I'm assuming if it were from Admissions it wouldn't show me the whole number
I would definitely answer 520 area code number! I did get the whole number shown to me tho. it was 520-626-0894.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply! Dangit, I called the number back that had called me and it wasn't anyone from Admissions. Oh well. :(

Last edited:
Did anyone from the December interview dates hear back today? Congrats to the few that got accepted today!

I wonder how many acceptance they do on each round.. because if it's only like 20 I still feel ok about not getting a call today

• Hmm
I think they should do at least one more round of admissions in January. I read on their website that they usually do around 2 rounds each month for like a total of 6 rounds of admissions. Decisions | College of Medicine - Tucson
maybe early February, early March, and one more early April when the waitlists/ rejections come out because today was the 3rd round (?)

I think they should do at least one more round of admissions in January. I read on their website that they usually do around 2 rounds each month for like a total of 6 rounds of admissions. Decisions | College of Medicine - Tucson
maybe early February, early March, and one more early April when the waitlists/ rejections come out because today was the 3rd round (?)
Right, and they've only done 3 so far (October, December, and today/January).

I wonder how many acceptance they do on each round.. because if it's only like 20 I still feel ok about not getting a call today
I am super curious about this as well….do you think if we emailed them they’d tell us how many they except each round? :unsure:

Right, and they've only done 3 so far (October, December, and today/January).
But in past years’ threads they’ve done like 5-6 rounds of acceptances by now….it seems like they’ll need to do acceptances more frequently now unless they are accepting more people each round compared to past years :unsure:

Interviewed 10/08. Just got a status update email half an hour ago stating that although I haven’t been accepted at this time, I haven’t been rejected yet either, for anyone curious.

Interviewed 10/08. Just got a status update email half an hour ago stating that although I haven’t been accepted at this time, I haven’t been rejected yet either, for anyone curious.
Interesting.. sounds like the update email they used to send out. I interviewed in August and haven’t received any updates.

586CBE49-EA18-41C1-86E4-8388908FD1CF.jpeg
so I emailed admissions and this is what they said….definitely not very encouraging. looks like the class is almost full :(

View attachment 347974so I emailed admissions and this is what they said….definitely not very encouraging. looks like the class is almost full :(
Keep in mind that a large portion of people who accept their seats this early will not end up attending - you can hold as many acceptances as you want until mid-April. This spreadsheet estimates that over 200 acceptances will ultimately be given out, which is in line with many/most other schools.

Reactions: 5 users
What exactly did the emails today say? Mine didn’t say anything about acceptances going out today… It just said my application is under review (subject was also this)—I interviewed months ago. Is this what you all got too, or different?

What exactly did the emails today say? Mine didn’t say anything about acceptances going out today… It just said my application is under review (subject was also this)—I interviewed months ago. Is this what you all got too, or different?
I got the same email as you and I am also wondering the same thing. My email said nothing about not being accepted or rejected, just that my application is under review.

Subject line: Status Update
Dear <insert name>,

The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson sent out a round of acceptances today. Although you have not been selected at this time, you remain an active candidate in our applicant pool. This is not a rejection letter. You will remain eligible for an acceptance at any time during the season. It is our goal to keep you updated about admissions decisions.

I got the same email as you and I am also wondering the same thing. My email said nothing about not being accepted or rejected, just that my application is under review.
Does this mean this is the first time they’re looking at our apps? I received a review email the Monday after my interview.

Does this mean this is the first time they’re looking at our apps? I received a review email the Monday after my interview.
I think I’d rather be told I’m an active candidate in the pool lol. It sounds more promising than “under review”

I also got the email saying nothing about acceptances or rejections only that i am under review

Dear <insert name>,

The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson sent out a round of acceptances today. Although you have not been selected at this time, you remain an active candidate in our applicant pool. This is not a rejection letter. You will remain eligible for an acceptance at any time during the season. It is our goal to keep you updated about admissions decisions.
@CC1200 Thanks so much for sharing! If you don't mind sharing, did you receive an email like the one below at some point?

Subject line: Application Under Review
Dear <insert name>,
Thank you for applying to The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson Campus. Your application is under review by the Admissions Committee. We appreciate your patience as you go through the selection process. We will continually update you regarding your status. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the Admissions Office at [email protected].

Dear <insert name>,

This is the exact email I got, including the same bolded text.

@CC1200 Thanks so much for sharing! If you don't mind sharing, did you receive an email like the one below at some point?

Dear <insert name>,
Thank you for applying to The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson Campus. Your application is under review by the Admissions Committee. We appreciate your patience as you go through the selection process. We will continually update you regarding your status. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the Admissions Office at [email protected].
this is the email I received too. why would they send out two different emails? they have never done this in the past.

@AdmissionsOffice hello, would you be able to tell us why two different emails are being sent out to those who have already interviewed? I think this has caused a lot of confusion and it would be super helpful if you could shed some light on this. thank you in advance!!

The status update that doesn’t say anything about it not being a rejection letter low key feels like a soft rejection letter right now. Hope I’m totally wrong

• Care

Dear <insert name>,
Upon a quick glance at my email, I don't see anything matching that in my inbox currently. With that being said, it DOES look familiar and I may have just deleted it before winter break.

Last edited:
The status update that doesn’t say anything about it not being a rejection letter low key feels like a soft rejection letter right now. Hope I’m totally wrong
it definitely sounds like that....they said we're "under review" instead of saying "you remain an active candidate." I hope I'm wrong too. they've never sent 2 different emails in the past though so I think it's very strange.

Interviewed in August and also received the "under review" email and not the "active consideration" email. Very odd.

• Sad
it definitely sounds like that....they said we're "under review" instead of saying "you remain an active candidate." I hope I'm wrong too. they've never sent 2 different emails in the past though so I think it's very strange.
I was thinking that the "under review" email happens before the "you remain an active candidate" email, but maybe not.