2021-2022 Arizona, Tucson

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does the email say to you when they do that?
The subject line is "Interview Waitlist" and the message is:

We welcome your continued interest in the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson. Your application completed the primary screening phase, but unfortunately, did not advance to the interview phase at this time. However, we have determined that you are a competitive candidate and you will continue to be considered during this application cycle. Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis for interview invites. In addition, we do not accept application updates or letters of intent.
 
The subject line is "Interview Waitlist" and the message is:

We welcome your continued interest in the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson. Your application completed the primary screening phase, but unfortunately, did not advance to the interview phase at this time. However, we have determined that you are a competitive candidate and you will continue to be considered during this application cycle. Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis for interview invites. In addition, we do not accept application updates or letters of intent.
When did you submit your secondary? are you IS or OOS?
 
The subject line is "Interview Waitlist" and the message is:

We welcome your continued interest in the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson. Your application completed the primary screening phase, but unfortunately, did not advance to the interview phase at this time. However, we have determined that you are a competitive candidate and you will continue to be considered during this application cycle. Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis for interview invites. In addition, we do not accept application updates or letters of intent.
Not sure if that’s nice that they communicate or sad that you feel rejected so early :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could you explain what the interview hold is? Sorry I’m a little slow 😂
It’s just a way they process their applicants. You’re not rejected, your application is just on hold for a bit while they review other applications. They review the application weekly and you can still get an interview invite at any point in the cycle. 🙂
 
For some additional perspective: I was placed on the interview waitlist last cycle and was pulled off just two weeks later. They definitely treat the waitlist as just that - a waitlist. Don't overthink it!
Thanks for the insight, I had the same thought process. Are you IS or OOS??
 
I think a lot of other schools screen applicants very similarly they just don't update you when your file is turfed until next review
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's quite surprising, Congrats! I thought it is just a silent R. Would you mind sharing when were you put on WL?
I was also put on the waitlist one week ago when the first IIs were sent out. It seems to just be the case that anyone not immediately selected for interviews is placed on the list.
 
interview waitlist yesterday. complete 7/23. OOS with family living in phx. 3.8 508/518. got put on the waitlist when i applied 2 years ago and never got off sooo
 
350 nonclinical volunteer hours with underserved, 600 clinical volunteer hours mostly with underserved, 450 leadership hours for a free clinic, 1400 hours paid clinical work. 600 research hours, 3rd author on manuscript in progress
That's great! I'm sure you will get it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Placed on wait-list for II today. At least it's not an R. Hoping for wait-list movement soon haha, good luck all!!! 🙂
Love your positivity, there is definitely movement off the waitlist. A good friend of mine who applied last cycle got waitlisted in August and was pulled for an II in November and he got in weeks later!! Sending good vibes to you, you got this!!
 
I have a quesiton. I'm thinking of adding this school to my list. I am already verified and would be able to send in the secondaries quickly. Does it seem too late to apply?
 
For those who are interviewing on Friday, how important do you think attending the Pre-Reception thing tomorrow is?? I have something during that time and seeing if I should cancel it to go 🤔
 
For those who are interviewing on Friday, how important do you think attending the Pre-Reception thing tomorrow is?? I have something during that time and seeing if I should cancel it to go 🤔
iirc the adcoms don't know if we attend or not, it's mostly for our benefit. I also have a class during it and don't think I'll be attending
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys. If you go under review and do not immediately get invited for an interview, you are placed on hold automatically. It's not like a hold at other schools - this is the equivalent of silence from most places. I received a hold and then received my II a week later. Thousands of people have gotten the hold.
 
Guys. If you go under review and do not immediately get invited for an interview, you are placed on hold automatically. It's not like a hold at other schools - this is the equivalent of silence from most places. I received a hold and then received my II a week later. Thousands of people have gotten the hold.

Thank you for this light in utter blackness haha