2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not to be crazy but im literally working from home today so i can continuously refresh my email
Lol you’re totally good
I was thinking of maybe calling out to do just that😂

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m literally at work refreshing my email constantly lol I haven’t got a single thing done today and don’t plan on it
same and if I get rejected in front of all my coworkers it's gonna be an ugly day for me :')

• Care
I say this every time I'm waiting for a decision so I'll say it here again *ehem*: MOM COME PICK ME UP IM SCARED

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning - was complete end of June, so there is hope if you submitted early :,)
(OOS but strong ties to region)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats on the II's guys! Now where are the decisions...

• Haha
Come on guys let's all manifest some As today!

• Care
  • Love
Alright guys, next week for sure 🤡

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I guess when they said end of October/early November they really meant November. Well this was fun, see you all next week 😭

"We will issue our first group of decisions at the end of October and continue to do so on a rolling basis." 😔🤘

was hoping to have some closure before my birthday tomorrow, can't wait to spend it being anxious and sweaty :cool:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No decisions until the Bills win again

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Don't want to be overly optimistic, but why are we all assuming that since it's 2:00 and there are no decisions out yet that we won't hear today? It's definitely not the end of the workday and judging by previous years' threads they issue decisions and other communications at pretty variable times. Not necessarily saying it is likely, but the office doesn't close until 5:00...

The office is closing. I guess not this week

On October 15th weekend, people definitely got calls and whatnot on Saturday and Saturdays beyond that. If I got an acceptance call on October 30th, you'd better believe I'm inhaling all the Reese's right then and there, saving nothing for the kids on Halloween.

Trick-or-treat? Yeah, I'm gonna treat myself, thanks

(that said I don't have an II from here so if you guys get the A please eat some chocolate for me too c: )
im laughing i luv u

• Care
II for MD-PhD! It went to a junk mail folder so be sure to check there!!! IS 3.6 GPA, 515 MCAT complete last week of August. The interview days are November, December, and January.
that is AMAZING. congratulations!!!! mind sharing an overview of your research experience?

sorry i dont know how to work this website, just realized i clogged the thread with like 4 posts directly in a row- none of which contain a sliver of pertinent information. sincerest apologies. on the brightside i did achieve "reactor level 2" :) have a fun halloweekend everyone hope you all get good news next week go bills:)

• Haha
Hey guys :)
Got the II on Friday. IS, Scheduling was for mid-to-late November

• Love
Hey guys :)
Got the II on Friday. IS, Scheduling was for mid-to-late November
Congratulations! Was scheduling only for virtual or was it also for in person? I think that when I scheduled my interview, I was just told the date and when to show up haha

Congratulations! Was scheduling only for virtual or was it also for in person? I think that when I scheduled my interview, I was just told the date and when to show up haha
When I scheduled my in person one they gave me 3 or 4 dates to choose from

Basically the way they worded it is that you have to tell them whether you want virtual or in-person and any date preferences within a range they gave me (different dates for each mode btw)

They will then reach out with a date and time

that is AMAZING. congratulations!!!! mind sharing an overview of your research experience?
A few years during undergrad and then full time afterword doing environmental toxicology/occupational health research! I have a strong personal motivation in those areas. I also do some linguistics stuff but that wasn't heavily emphasized on my app. Good luck!!

So if we don’t hear anything today, would now be a good time to send a letter of intent? This school really is my top choice but I don’t know if it’s too soon? My interview was 9/29.

So if we don’t hear anything today, would now be a good time to send a letter of intent? This school really is my top choice but I don’t know if it’s too soon? My interview was 9/29.
NVM YALL I GOT THAT A OMGGGGG

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A! Interviewed late September. 3.81 518 IS

• Love
Congrats guys. Waitlisted here 😭

• Care
WL, Interviewed end of September. LM75

I know buffalo has a reputation of a lot of people being waitlisted and then taken off but is that still true?

I know buffalo has a reputation of a lot of people being waitlisted and then taken off but is that still true?
After looking through the threads from last year, that seemed to still be the case, even if it wasn’t as pronounced as in the past. I can’t see any reason why that would change this year.

Is there anything that we have to do after being waitlisted? Like do we send a nice "thanks, please accept me" response email or just wait for the update letter?

My first A this morning!!😭🥳omg
Edit interviewed late September

• Love
  • Care