2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess when they said end of October/early November they really meant November. Well this was fun, see you all next week 😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't want to be overly optimistic, but why are we all assuming that since it's 2:00 and there are no decisions out yet that we won't hear today? It's definitely not the end of the workday and judging by previous years' threads they issue decisions and other communications at pretty variable times. Not necessarily saying it is likely, but the office doesn't close until 5:00...
 
On October 15th weekend, people definitely got calls and whatnot on Saturday and Saturdays beyond that. If I got an acceptance call on October 30th, you'd better believe I'm inhaling all the Reese's right then and there, saving nothing for the kids on Halloween.

Trick-or-treat? Yeah, I'm gonna treat myself, thanks

(that said I don't have an II from here so if you guys get the A please eat some chocolate for me too c: )
im laughing i luv u
 
II for MD-PhD! It went to a junk mail folder so be sure to check there!!! IS 3.6 GPA, 515 MCAT complete last week of August. The interview days are November, December, and January.
that is AMAZING. congratulations!!!! mind sharing an overview of your research experience?
 
sorry i dont know how to work this website, just realized i clogged the thread with like 4 posts directly in a row- none of which contain a sliver of pertinent information. sincerest apologies. on the brightside i did achieve "reactor level 2" 🙂 have a fun halloweekend everyone hope you all get good news next week go bills🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Was scheduling only for virtual or was it also for in person? I think that when I scheduled my interview, I was just told the date and when to show up haha
Basically the way they worded it is that you have to tell them whether you want virtual or in-person and any date preferences within a range they gave me (different dates for each mode btw)

They will then reach out with a date and time
 
that is AMAZING. congratulations!!!! mind sharing an overview of your research experience?
A few years during undergrad and then full time afterword doing environmental toxicology/occupational health research! I have a strong personal motivation in those areas. I also do some linguistics stuff but that wasn't heavily emphasized on my app. Good luck!!
 
So if we don’t hear anything today, would now be a good time to send a letter of intent? This school really is my top choice but I don’t know if it’s too soon? My interview was 9/29.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there anything that we have to do after being waitlisted? Like do we send a nice "thanks, please accept me" response email or just wait for the update letter?