2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else interview today? I thought the faculty, staff, and students were all very welcoming and genuinely wanted to get to know me. It was a breath of fresh air compared to other interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interview today? I thought the faculty, staff, and students were all very welcoming and genuinely wanted to get to know me. It was a breath of fresh air compared to other interviews.
I also interviewed that day and had a very positive experience

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interview mid November and hear back?

I emailed the admissions email with the names of the people who interviewed me. They gave me a list. It helped a lot!

I was thinking, This school is such a breath of fresh air. We need more schools like Burrell. Genuine people.

Just had my interview today! It became one of my top schools. The introduction to the school gave a lot of information about the school which helped and everyone was very friendly there. The interview was nice as well, my interviewers gave very good vibes during the interview.
Totally agree, the interview day was super professional, I was super impressed. So much better than my experience at another interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, I emailed admissions to see if there was an updated timeline to expect to hear back / make sure I hadn't missed a decision email and they said, basically, "we can't provide any updates, thanks for your patience and continue to monitor your email."

Reactions: 1 user
I just got the acceptance email right now!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I was thinking, This school is such a breath of fresh air. We need more schools like Burrell. Genuine people.
Seems great, but I don't trust a school that doesn't leave the zoom meeting when their students talk about the school. Might just me being paranoid but...

• Haha
Seems great, but I don't trust a school that doesn't leave the zoom meeting when their students talk about the school. Might just me being paranoid but...
Haha probably paranoid... every other school I have interviewed for has done this too, and they weren't as kind lol

Can a current student answer a couple Q's?

- What health insurance do you have? During the interview, a member of the admissions team mentioned that students typically get state insurance. I'm OOS and curious how you went about getting it.

- How competitive is the Las Cruces HUB for 3rd-4th yrs? When do you submit your HUB preferences?

TIA!

turned down the A. good luck out there duders

Can a current student answer a couple Q's?

- What health insurance do you have? During the interview, a member of the admissions team mentioned that students typically get state insurance. I'm OOS and curious how you went about getting it.

- How competitive is the Las Cruces HUB for 3rd-4th yrs? When do you submit your HUB preferences?

TIA!
I know some students under 26 stayed on their parents insurance if they could. I didn't qualify for that so I'm using New Mexico Medicaid which has covered everything for me so far, including dental. I believe once you have an address, you can apply for it online. I remember it being a pretty simple process.

For my class, Cruces was not a competitive hub and most people who wanted to stay did. you submit preferences during first semester second year (around November I believe) and find out before the winter break. If you have special circumstances, such as a child currently attending school in Cruces or something like that, you can submit a special circumstances application to request to stay in Cruces.

• Love
If anyone doesn't mind sharing, but is there like a range (i.e. 5-6 questions) of questions they ask & type of questions you experienced (not the exact detailed question i.e. did you have mostly ethical q's or was it mainly about your app, etc.

Anybody from 12/17 interview hear back? I've been checking email like a madman

I know some students under 26 stayed on their parents insurance if they could. I didn't qualify for that so I'm using New Mexico Medicaid which has covered everything for me so far, including dental. I believe once you have an address, you can apply for it online. I remember it being a pretty simple process.

For my class, Cruces was not a competitive hub and most people who wanted to stay did. you submit preferences during first semester second year (around November I believe) and find out before the winter break. If you have special circumstances, such as a child currently attending school in Cruces or something like that, you can submit a special circumstances application to request to stay in Cruces.
Great! Thank you for taking the time to respond, much appreciated! :)

Just got invited to an interview (497 cGPA 3.3 sGPA 3.54) any tips!

• Love
Just withdrew my app and my II. I hope it goes to one of you!

Anyone know how many students usually get off the waitlist? I’ve been on the waitlist since October and I’d love to attend BCOM if I got the A

Hi! How did everyone send Thank You notes to their interviewers?
I sent one to my interviewers and director of admissions the day of. Sent a letter of intent 24 hours later. 48 hours later I emailed a student that spoke and the Dean (Since he spoke)! Burrell is my top school so I tried to spread them out a little.