2021-2022 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my complete email 6 days after I submitted :)
cool! it'll be the sixth day for me today... so hopefully, I'll get mine soon! thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many ppl get secondaries to this school? How selective is their screening process?

If interviews start in October when are they gonna send out invites

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow, the interviews have started., Exciting..Fingers crossed for us all

Reactions: 1 user
same recieved ii 10/4! finished my secondary on 7/25

yo I am dumb but can anyone send that paragraph they had before you select your interview date? I totally didnt read and just skipped and now I dont have any info

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
II received as well!! submitted 9/8

I also did not even read that paragraph before about the interview day so if anyone could copy and paste it that would be great!!

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got an II, secondary completed on 7/17. Also got way too excited and did not read the paragraph. I just remember that it said that the interview day should last approx 4 hours and that we will receive more info one week prior to the interview

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It is my pleasure to inform you that the California University of Science and Medicine-School of Medicine, is extending you an invitation for a virtual interview.**

**Please note the virtual interview will be conducted via Teams Meeting and you are not traveling to our campus. This is to ensure the safety of everyone’s health during the COVID-19 pandemic. On-campus interviews may be offered as soon as we can safely do so. **

The interview day will last approximately 4 hours. You will meet virtually with a member with the School of Medicine’s admissions team, faculty, and have an opportunity for a Q and A Session with our Student Ambassadors. Prior to the interview, we will send several Voice-Over PowerPoint presentations of the admissions process and our curriculum. Also, we will provide reading material on our approach to Academic Research, a list of our Registered Student Organizations, and financial aid information, to name a few. In addition, during Interview Day, you will be required to complete a personality questionnaire to help the Admissions Committee to get to know you better.

If you wish to attend the virtual interview as scheduled above, you must select your interview date within the next 5 days. If your interview invitation is not confirmed within the next five days, your opportunity will be extended to another candidate.

One week prior to your interview you will receive a schedule/agenda, interview link, and additional information. If you have any questions please contact the Admissions Office at (909) 490-5910 or via e-mail at [email protected]

In the meantime, please check out our CUSM Virtual Campus Tour Virtual Tour | CUSM

All the best,

The Admissions Team

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
It is my pleasure to inform you that the California University of Science and Medicine-School of Medicine, is extending you an invitation for a virtual interview.**

**Please note the virtual interview will be conducted via Teams Meeting and you are not traveling to our campus. This is to ensure the safety of everyone’s health during the COVID-19 pandemic. On-campus interviews may be offered as soon as we can safely do so. **

The interview day will last approximately 4 hours. You will meet virtually with a member with the School of Medicine’s admissions team, faculty, and have an opportunity for a Q and A Session with our Student Ambassadors. Prior to the interview, we will send several Voice-Over PowerPoint presentations of the admissions process and our curriculum. Also, we will provide reading material on our approach to Academic Research, a list of our Registered Student Organizations, and financial aid information, to name a few. In addition, during Interview Day, you will be required to complete a personality questionnaire to help the Admissions Committee to get to know you better.

If you wish to attend the virtual interview as scheduled above, you must select your interview date within the next 5 days. If your interview invitation is not confirmed within the next five days, your opportunity will be extended to another candidate.

One week prior to your interview you will receive a schedule/agenda, interview link, and additional information. If you have any questions please contact the Admissions Office at (909) 490-5910 or via e-mail at [email protected]

In the meantime, please check out our CUSM Virtual Campus Tour Virtual Tour | CUSM

All the best,

The Admissions Team
A lifesaver. Thank you

Hi y'all! I submitted my secondary a couple weeks ago, and still haven't received a complete email. Should I email/call admissions?

Hi y'all! I submitted my secondary a couple weeks ago, and still haven't received a complete email. Should I email/call admissions?
I received my completed email a week and a half after submitting. It couldn’t hurt to try if you’re worried.

any words of advice?
It's honestly the draw of luck when it comes to your interviewer. Unfortunately, my interviewer wasn't very warm or inviting so it felt very formal and that made it less of a conversation. From what I remember, it's an open file interview so I would go over your AMCAS application and secondary before the interview day. I don't remember any ethical/situational questions being asked but maybe that's up to each interviewer. Good luck!

Anyone know how many of the students that are interviewed get accepted? For in-state by the way

II received just now! In-state LM 80, received confirmation of secondary submission on August 4th.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Also, they were scheduling out in mid-December if anyone's curious

II just received! In-state, LM 69, scheduled for mid-december. It's my first one and I am pumped!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II received yesterday 10/14. Complete 9/6. Scheduled for mid-Dec as well. LM 78 something. In state. :)

Congrats to those who have received interviews thus far! does anyone know how long their interview season is?

Update - I’ve cancelled my interview and withdrawn my application after receiving acceptances at a couple of my top choices today. I hope this allows one of y’all to get my interview spot!! Best of luck to everyone :)

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hi guys, heads up (maybe a question??) for those who are interviewing — i scheduled my interview for 2:30 PM thinking that the interview day itself would start at 2:30. But the actual interview day starts at 10:30 AM and the interview portion starts at 2:30. Just wanted to give a heads up, but also if I am misunderstanding the schedule please lmk!!!

II today.

IS, Primary submitted 8/30, MCAT received 9/14. Secondary submitted 10/8/21.
They sent me an email saying my application was complete and under review TODAY, and then 5 minutes later they sent me a link to schedule my interview????

only dates available were January 7th

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, heads up (maybe a question??) for those who are interviewing — i scheduled my interview for 2:30 PM thinking that the interview day itself would start at 2:30. But the actual interview day starts at 10:30 AM and the interview portion starts at 2:30. Just wanted to give a heads up, but also if I am misunderstanding the schedule please lmk!!!
what day?

II today.

IS, Primary submitted 8/30, MCAT received 9/14. Secondary submitted 10/8/21.
They sent me an email saying my application was complete and under review TODAY, and then 5 minutes later they sent me a link to schedule my interview????

only dates available were January 7th
For real? Like 5 minutes, GD they love you...or they were watching you while you were typing.

For real? Like 5 minutes, GD they love you...or they were watching you while you were typing.
Swear to God lol.

At 11:28 EST I received an email saying

"Secondary Received

Dear JustJackie:

Thank you for submitting your Secondary Application to CUSM-SOM! Your application is now under review for consideration to receive an interview. Due to the large volume of applications, please be patient. This process takes a significant amount of time as we want to make sure that your file receives every consideration. Thank you again for your interest in our school of medicine. Best wishes and good luck!

The Admissions Team"

at 11:33 EST I receive an email saying
"

California University of Science and Medicine Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application

Dear JustJackie

California University of Science and Medicine Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application,..."

Maybe they forgot to click the button or something because I submitted the actual secondary + paid on October 8th

Swear to God lol.

"Secondary Received

Dear JustJackie:

Thank you for submitting your Secondary Application to CUSM-SOM! Your application is now under review for consideration to receive an interview. Due to the large volume of applications, please be patient. This process takes a significant amount of time as we want to make sure that your file receives every consideration. Thank you again for your interest in our school of medicine. Best wishes and good luck!

The Admissions Team"

"

California University of Science and Medicine Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application

Dear JustJackie

California University of Science and Medicine Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application,..."

Maybe they forgot to click the button or something because I submitted the actual secondary + paid on October 8th
Damn I should get around to submitting this app then if they review stuff that quickly.... maybe they'll be my first II of the cycle.

Damn I should get around to submitting this app then if they review stuff that quickly.... maybe they'll be my first II of the cycle.
hell yea man. They screen before sending secondaries so I cant imagine their turnaround time being that long after you get it in

I submitted 40+ secondaries in a span of 10 days. 30 on the 8th, and the remaining 10+ throughout this past week.

Swear to God lol.

"Secondary Received

Dear JustJackie:

The Admissions Team"

"

Dear JustJackie

You might wanna contact them to make sure it's not a bug. They're kind of notorious for stuff like this. Last year they sent II to some people who hadn't submitted their secondaries. They ended up taking their II back. There's no way they went through your Application in a span of 5 mins. I'm hoping I'm wrong tho :)

Last edited:
I take it no secondary received at this point is an R lmao

You might wanna contact them to make sure it's not a bug. They're kind of notorious for stuff like this. Last year they sent II to some people who hadn't submitted their secondaries. They ended up taking their II back. There's no way they went through your Application in a span of 5 mins. I'm hoping I'm wrong tho :)

Noooooooo lol.

Okay i will email them. Thank you

Noooooooo lol.

Okay i will email them. Thank you
Let us know what you find out. I got an II today under the same situation as you, at the same exact time stamp for the first email, but an earlier time stamp for the II email. I hope it's legit because I ran downstairs in happy tears to share the news with my parents!

Let us know what you find out. I got an II today under the same situation as you, at the same exact time stamp for the first email, but an earlier time stamp for the II email. I hope it's legit because I ran downstairs in happy tears to share the news with my parents!

Dude me too. I called my mom and everything.

I THINK we are okay. What i think happened is they never marked us as complete when we submitted, and they only did this once they decided to send the II.

I emailed them anyway, but that’s what i think. Cause i submitted on 10/8, so there’s no way it would take them that long to mark my app as complete/received.
Every other school has take 1-3 days to mark it as complete/received. So i really doubt 10 days later, they marked it as complete as accidentally sent me an II

I don’t think they are by accident. If they were they would email you and let you know.

My interview is this Friday 10/22
Holy crap good luck man!

The portal said

"

The interview day will last approximately 4 hours. You will meet virtually with a member with the School of Medicine’s admissions team, faculty, and have an opportunity for a Q and A Session with our Student Ambassadors. Prior to the interview, we will send several Voice-Over PowerPoint presentations of the admissions process and our curriculum. Also, we will provide reading material on our approach to Academic Research, a list of our Registered Student Organizations, and financial aid information, to name a few. In addition, during Interview Day, you will be required to complete a personality questionnaire to help the Admissions Committee to get to know you better."

So it looks like you're right. They Your interview probably is at 2:30, but the previous 3+ hours will be for the other activities.

My interview is at 10am so I assume after I interview, I will join the rest of the people in the waiting room where the Q&A and stuff will happen.

Holy crap good luck man!

The portal said

"

The interview day will last approximately 4 hours. You will meet virtually with a member with the School of Medicine’s admissions team, faculty, and have an opportunity for a Q and A Session with our Student Ambassadors. Prior to the interview, we will send several Voice-Over PowerPoint presentations of the admissions process and our curriculum. Also, we will provide reading material on our approach to Academic Research, a list of our Registered Student Organizations, and financial aid information, to name a few. In addition, during Interview Day, you will be required to complete a personality questionnaire to help the Admissions Committee to get to know you better."

So it looks like you're right. They Your interview probably is at 2:30, but the previous 3+ hours will be for the other activities.

My interview is at 10am so I assume after I interview, I will join the rest of the people in the waiting room where the Q&A and stuff will happen.
Thank you & thank you for confirming! :)

man wtf I submitted on 10/7 and still no complete email… should i email them?

• Sad
man wtf I submitted on 10/7 and still no complete email… should i email them?
Me and someone else in this thread got our Complete Email 5 min before our II, so I think they are only updating it after they make a decision.