2021-2022 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My PI just let me know that she was contacted!! They contacted the PI that I currently work for as opposed to my undergrad PI
:D

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
My PI just let me know that she was contacted!! They contacted the PI that I currently work for as opposed to my undergrad PI
Exciting!! Was she just contacted today?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
did they give your pi any indication of what the call means or when decisions may come out

did they give your pi any indication of what the call means or when decisions may come out
I'm not sure but fingers crossed it's a positive thing and that we start hearing decisions soon!

Congrats everyone accepted! There is still hope for anyone waiting for the February announcements as well as from the waitlist!

• Care
Congrats everyone accepted! There is still hope for anyone waiting for the February announcements as well as from the waitlist!
Are December calls done? I thought they were done over the course of a week or so.

• Hmm
I’ve only seen the one acceptance here. Does anyone know how many students were accepted in December, or if the acceptances are rolling throughout the week?

Are December calls done? I thought they were done over the course of a week or so.
I personally have no idea as a first-year, but I'd imagine they'd come out beginning of this week together with the potential of some at the beginning of next week. I wouldn't lose hope at all though!

I was thinking that maybe some calls would go out today, based on the last couple years. Kinda crazy that only one person has posted about even a PI call at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking that maybe some calls would go out today, based on the last couple years. Kinda crazy that only one person has posted about even a PI call at this point.
I think people are just reluctant to post the A. Considering it's only 32 students in the class, it'd be fairly easy for your future classmates to work backward to link you to your sdn profile, wouldn't it?

Ok. Since peeps seem anxious i will admit i got the A about a week ago. Not sure if this info helps. I am certain 16 A has been released. Another 16 should be coming sometime in March.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
As an early interviewer, does not being contacted in December mean my chances of acceptance are essentially over?

Ok. Since peeps seem anxious i will admit i got the A about a week ago. Not sure if this info helps. I am certain 16 A has been released. Another 16 should be coming sometime in March.
Congratulations on the acceptance! Just out of curiosity, how are you sure that 16 As have been sent out? I was under the impression that most acceptances are actually sent out in February and that early interviewees shouldn't feel hopeless if they didn't hear back this month!

Congratulations on the acceptance! Just out of curiosity, how are you sure that 16 As have been sent out? I was under the impression that most acceptances are actually sent out in February and that early interviewees shouldn't feel hopeless if they didn't hear back this month!
Directly from Dr. Warren. No one said early interviewees should feel hopeless. They just weren't part of the initial 16.

Hey everyone. I made a larger post about CCLCM in the help me decide forum. I wanted to link it here as well. Would love to hear all of your perspectives.

I'd be happy to answer any questions for those considering CCLCM following the recent wave of A's

Any guesses on when the second release will be? Maybe someone from a recent interview date heard something more specific than February.

Any guesses on when the second release will be? Maybe someone from a recent interview date heard something more specific than February.
Early March if not March 1st IIRC
EDIT: this is wrong, 2nd round is mid February as the poster below stated

Last edited:
The website says the second round of acceptances comes in February. From last year's forum, this happened mid-February.

I interviewed recently and they made it seem like it'd be mid-February as well!

This is a bit late, but I believe today is the last day to submit thank you/update letters from what I was told (La'Tosha), anyone can confirm? Good luck guys

This is a bit late, but I believe today is the last day to submit thank you/update letters from what I was told (La'Tosha), anyone can confirm? Good luck guys
In my interview they said to upload additional documents "by the end of January" so that they will be in your portal and considered before decisions are made

Has anyone's PI received a call or email from admissions yet? Since presumably we'll hear decisions in the next couple weeks.

My PI was contacted a while back. I'm not sure what it means exactly though?

• Love
Anyone who interviewed late Jan (Jan20th~) have had their PI contacted yet?

Anyone who interviewed late Jan (Jan20th~) have had their PI contacted yet?
Interviewed in January, and my PI let me know they were contacted last week. I love this program, so crossing my fingers! I wonder if they’ve had their second ranking meeting?

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
How often do people get accepted without their PI being contacted? I have seen 1 person this year and 1 person last year in the thread. Does anyone have any idea?

How often do people get accepted without their PI being contacted? I have seen 1 person this year and 1 person last year in the thread. Does anyone have any idea?
I think it's so hard to tell just because some people's PIs may not tell the applicant that they've been contacted, and I'm sure some applicants post about the final acceptance but not about their PI being contacted. Either way it seems like theres a handful of applicants throughout past threads who've reported an acceptance and have specifically stated that their PI was never contacted!!

Reactions: 2 users
I think it's so hard to tell just because some people's PIs may not tell the applicant that they've been contacted, and I'm sure some applicants post about the final acceptance but not about their PI being contacted. Either way it seems like theres a handful of applicants throughout past threads who've reported an acceptance and have specifically stated that their PI was never contacted!!
My PI was not contacted but I got the A here in December.

Reactions: 5 users
A! Got a call from Dr. Warren :O

Idk if my PI was ever contacted [edit: turns out they called my PI some time ago and he just never told me lol]

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users