2021-2022 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II! | LM 74 | ORM - there's hope for low-stats!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS II! Complete 7/23. Applied MSTP / UP / CP and this is the first update I have received!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got that nice pre-II R. "No Interview Invitation" in the subject line. Brutal AHHH :rofl:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Got that nice pre-II R. "No Interview Invitation" in the subject line. Brutal AHHH :rofl:
I applied to 42 schools, and I really wish I knew whether schools that haven't given me an interview or a hold have already read my application. Then again, even if I knew, what would I do with that information haha. Probably set better expectations.

Last edited:
Got the pre-II R today, can't say I wasn't expecting it but I appreciate them not leaving us hanging lol

516 ORM is definitely low-stat lmao for Cleveland-Clinic caliber schools
If any other low stat applicants are thinking about CCLCM, they let me in with lower stats than this so don’t let your stats keep you from applying here

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II! Complete 7/23. Applied MSTP / UP / CP and this is the first update I have received!
First update for this school or first update since this cycle began?

Anyone that submit in August get an II yet? I submit early August, kinda high stat (3.99/520), and my application is literally attuned to CCLCM, so a little anxious I haven't gotten anything. (3 pubs, 11 published abstracts, and 8 national conference presentations).

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone that submit in August get an II yet? I submit early August, kinda high stat (3.99/520), and my application is literally attuned to CCLCM, so a little anxious I haven't gotten anything. (3 pubs, 11 published abstracts, and 8 national conference presentations).
I dont think they are upto late August yet, Pre-II regections seem to be still on the July gang. Hang Tight.

Did you say kinda? Yall too humble lol
Haha sorry. The average at cclcm is 519, so 520 isn't especially high stat at this particular school. Plus covid shifted mcat percentiles so 518+ has become a little more frequent.

Take MSAR with a grain of salt, for some schools the data is an aproximation. Also, for instance there is a school with a 50% MCAT of 512, and at least one of the students in that class had a 490.

Take MSAR with a grain of salt, for some schools the data is an aproximation. Also, for instance there is a school with a 50% MCAT of 512, and at least one of the students in that class had a 490.
Uh... it's not an approximation. It's factually correct data. Case adcom is also posting within the case thread and confirmed the data as well as the different between cclcm and case averages.

The ranges of the academic metrics for those that were invited to interview were:
  • Cumulative GPA: 2.50-4.00
  • Science GPA: 2.58-4.00
  • MCAT: 502-528
The average GPA and MCAT for the entering class of 2021 was:
  • 3.78 Cumulative GPA with a range of 2.50-4.00
  • 3.74 Science GPA with a range of 2.58-4.00
  • 518 MCAT with a range of 504-526 Mode: 518

This the school official data with ranges, Someone got in with as low as a 504 MCAT, 2.58 Science GPA and 2.5 Commulative GPA.

This the school official data with ranges, Someone got in with as low as a 504 MCAT, 2.58 Science GPA and 2.5 Commulative GPA.
That's true, but you never know exactly who got what. The 2.58 GPA might have been someone who got a PhD and a 520 MCAT, and the 504 MCAT might be from someone with a 4.0 GPA and 5 first-author publication. The average applicant definitely shouldn't use those to hope for the best.

I can confirm a holistic review. I have <<<510 and I got an II. Do your best and pray really hard! Yall got this.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Will they tell us who our interviewers are in advance or was it a surprise?

T

Thanks! Where did you find the info? My interview is tomorrow and I still haven’t heard anything.
When I interviewed last year, it was on the portal. They should have updated it by now, you could always email the office and they should get back quickly if there isn't anything there yet

+1 R this AM! Complete 7/23. Best of luck to everyone :)

I kinda liked the brutal subject line, got the point across well.

• Care
+1 R this AM! Complete 7/23. Best of luck to everyone :)

I kinda liked the brutal subject line, got the point across well.
Honestly, I like it when they're clear. My rejections from Pritzker and Wisconsin got my hopes up until I read them, as I had gotten IIs just days prior.

• Care
CCLM R today. Complete 8/3. Lots of pubs but low stats for this school so makes sense.

For those who have recently interviewed, what timeline did the adcom give for decisions release? Thanks in advance.

For those who have recently interviewed, what timeline did the adcom give for decisions release? Thanks in advance.
They said they release decisions both in December and February, but the batch released in December is generally smaller :)

Is it too late to submit both a primary/secondary app to this program? I have a ton of research experience and was thinking this program might be a good fit

Is it too late to submit both a primary/secondary app to this program? I have a ton of research experience and was thinking this program might be a good fit
Is very late, but if you have the financial means to take the chance go for it.

Does anyone have any info on how many people are invited for interview for Cleveland clinic?

Does anyone have any info on how many people are invited for interview for Cleveland clinic?
they interview about 200-250 students and accept around 20% of students post interview (around 40-50 students are accepted per year) from the thread last year

Perhaps @CWRU.Sman could confirm?

II today!! So excited! OOS, LM75, Complete 7/30

• Love
I know the admissions timeline is sending acceptances either in December or February, with more being released in February. Is this timeline set, with 2 specific batches all given at the same time? Or are the decisions released throughout each month? Thank you in advance @CWRU.Sman

2 specific batches at the same time. Because Dr. Warren calls those who are accepted, it could take a couple days to get them all out. After those batches, there will be a trickle of additional acceptances as people withdraw their acceptance throughout March-June. Due to the small class size, CCLCM doesn't accept more than 32 at one time.

Isbt
2 specific batches at the same time. Because Dr. Warren calls those who are accepted, it could take a couple days to get them all out. After those batches, there will be a trickle of additional acceptances as people withdraw their acceptance throughout March-June. Due to the small class size, CCLCM doesn't accept more than 32 at one time.
And is the December, February timeline still correct? Because of how crazy this cycle is, I just wanted to confirm. Thank you from a very stressed applicant.

For my year it was Dec and Feb, but I know last year the timeline was pushed back a little due to the pandemic. Can't say for sure what it would look like this year, but perhaps someone else can chime in.