You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Colorado
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When did you get invited to do a secondary?Hey, do you guys think it is worth submitting a secondary here mid October? Or is that too late to have a shot?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's awesome, Congratulations!Just completed an interview with CU an hour earlier! I already know I'd be so happy to go here.
How was the interview? The interview feedback page says that it's mostly 1-1 but I saw the daily agenda says a group activity, group interview, and personal interview, were the interviews still closed file like previous years? Open/mix?
munchingonclouds
New Member
I completed Casper and Duet but did not do Snapshot, and on the portal, it says my scores are received. Is it still worth a shot to complete the secondary or will my application get thrown out?
I completed Casper and Duet but did not do Snapshot, and on the portal, it says my scores are received. Is it still worth a shot to complete the secondary or will my application get thrown out?
I did not do either and now I am extremely paranoid. Is it DOA? I can’t go back and do duet and snapshot now…
Why not?I did not do either and now I am extremely paranoid. Is it DOA? I can’t go back and do duet and snapshot now…
Why not?
I did not think any schools required it. For anybody else in my position, you can complete both snapshot and duet before the “distribution deadline” which is 11/29. I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow.
I meant why can't you go back and do it now? Will it let you access duet/snapshot?I did not think any schools required it. For anybody else in my position, you can complete both snapshot and duet before the “distribution deadline” which is 11/29. I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow.
I meant why can't you go back and do it now? Will it let you access duet/snapshot?
I can, misspoke earlier
I just submitted my secondary four days ago. I'm curious how long others waited until they got their interview invites. I'm sure varies a lot, but how long did you wait from secondary completion to II so far this cycle? Thanks!
Coffeeenthusiast99
New Member
Same here. What does that even mean lol?MSTP applicant here. Just received an email that I'm on their alternate list for admission even though I haven't interviewed. Anyone else?
I responded with questions but thinking it might be a mistake because the email includes something about evaluating interview resultsSame here. What does that even mean lol?
Coffeeenthusiast99
New Member
Oh true! That’s what I’m thinking as well because how can they waitlist us without an interview.I responded with questions but thinking it might be a mistake because the email includes something about evaluating interview results
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hoping it's not actually an R lolOh true! That’s what I’m thinking as well because how can they waitlist us without an interview.
I also got this, my theory is we got placed on hold or something internally and then it auto sent out an alternate list email? Idk I guess we shall seehoping it's not actually an R lol
they just responded and said i’m on the alternate list for an interview. not sure how that worksI also got this, my theory is we got placed on hold or something internally and then it auto sent out an alternate list email? Idk I guess we shall see
I got mine a little over a month after submitting the secondary.I just submitted my secondary four days ago. I'm curious how long others waited until they got their interview invites. I'm sure varies a lot, but how long did you wait from secondary completion to II so far this cycle? Thanks!
Definitely seems like that's their version of being placed on holdthey just responded and said i’m on the alternate list for an interview. not sure how that works
Complete 8/6. OOS. Ties to CO. Radio Silence.
Absolutely DYING to get an II here. Someone make me feel better about myself so I can go back to studying anki cards instead of anxiously checking SDN. 😅🥵
Absolutely DYING to get an II here. Someone make me feel better about myself so I can go back to studying anki cards instead of anxiously checking SDN. 😅🥵
In exactly the same boat! I went to undergrad in CO and it's one of my top choices (I'm trying not to get too attached to one because it seems so arbitrary where/if I'll get in haha). Fingers crossed for us both!Complete 8/6. OOS. Ties to CO. Radio Silence.
Absolutely DYING to get an II here. Someone make me feel better about myself so I can go back to studying anki cards instead of anxiously checking SDN. 😅🥵
D
deleted1075526
Submitted my secondary today!
pats4patty
Full Member
For people who interviewed on 09/17 think we might hear back on Friday, would be exactly four weeks? Can't remember what exactly admissions said on interview day. Fingers crossed!
The interview tracker shows like 4000 something complete apps/ 10,000 AMCAS. Did so many people actually get screened out of secondaries?This thread has been so quiet. Are they handing out II slower this year?
Where is this tracker?The interview tracker shows like 4000 something complete apps/ 10,000 AMCAS. Did so many people actually get screened out of secondaries?
Where is this tracker?
Admissions | University of Colorado School of Medicine
The University of Colorado School of Medicine Office of Admissions provides a road map for potential medical students to join our school.
Interviewed Here already! Can’t wait for the 15th yikes x)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I don't believe any MD programs are allowed to send out acceptances until 10/15 (or 10/16? someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). If it's the 16th, then I've heard to expect a delay until the 18th since the 16th is a weekend.For people who interviewed on 09/17 think we might hear back on Friday, would be exactly four weeks? Can't remember what exactly admissions said on interview day. Fingers crossed!
It's the 15th, although that's really more of a recommendation from the AAMC. Most schools follow it, but a handful don't and announce earlier. As far as I know, CUSOM follows it.Hi! I don't believe any MD programs are allowed to send out acceptances until 10/15 (or 10/16? someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). If it's the 16th, then I've heard to expect a delay until the 18th since the 16th is a weekend.
Late reply (sorry I'm not very active on SDN) but you and some other interviewees essentially work through a given prompt together.How was it?? What were the group activities like?
The interview was really nice! Felt professional without being uptight or stressful. Not sure about the others or if it even matters for them, but at least the personal interview was blind.That's awesome, Congratulations!
How was the interview? The interview feedback page says that it's mostly 1-1 but I saw the daily agenda says a group activity, group interview, and personal interview, were the interviews still closed file like previous years? Open/mix?
Anxiously waiting for the big A or R today😵
imsotiredman
New Member
Same here. Haven’t heard anything…you?Late reply (sorry I'm not very active on SDN) but you and some other interviewees essentially work through a given prompt together.
The interview was really nice! Felt professional without being uptight or stressful. Not sure about the others or if it even matters for them, but at least the personal interview was blind.
Anxiously waiting for the big A or R today😵
Not yet but it's still fairly early in Colorado so I'm not stressing too hard (for now 😉)Same here. Haven’t heard anything…you?
haven't heard anything as well!Not yet but it's still fairly early in Colorado so I'm not stressing too hard (for now 😉)
Seems like last year's first acceptances came through on the 16th. With that in mind, I believe we will be hearing on Monday (?)
imsotiredman
New Member
ahaha just got a spam tooBeing In-State and receiving all the 303/720 spam calls all day long 🥲
pats4patty
Full Member
Dang, 3 o'clock in Colorado. Looks like it won't be today huh
Got the A call today around 5 PM EST!! Beyond words right now!
Congrats! Mind if I ask what interview date you had? Trying to see if any 1st of October folks got decisions today hahaGot the A call today around 5 PM EST!! Beyond words right now!
Yes definitely! I interviewed on Sep 17th.Congrats! Mind if I ask what interview date you had? Trying to see if any 1st of October folks got decisions today haha
Yes! It was the 9/17 interview date!Congrats! Mind if I ask what interview date you had? Trying to see if any 1st of October folks got decisions today haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like they might not have gotten around to the October 1st calls yet. Fingers crossed that that’s the case, since that was my interview date
Same with me! Hoping to get good news today 🙂Do all the calls for an interview day go out on one day? Worried cuz I interviewed 9/17 and didn’t get a call yesterday… CO is a top choice for me 🙁
I also interviewed 9/17 and hoping to get the call today!!!Chin up! We got this 🙂
Just got the post-II R. Rip, oh well. On to the next
Last edited:
D
deleted1075526
Sorry about that. Complete date?Just got the R. Rip, oh well. On to the next