You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Colorado
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1111835
colorado doesn't accept updates right?
D
deleted1119327
Dr. SooHoo clearly stated that CUSOM doesn't accept updates during my interview (I say clearly because I was so burned out by the end of interview that I wasn't paying attention but remember this lol)colorado doesn't accept updates right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does CUSOM accept/encourage/look for thank you letters after your Interview?
FWIW I got an A and didn’t send anyDoes CUSOM accept/encourage/look for thank you letters after your Interview?
I sent a thank you and got the A but after the interview they said neither thank you notes nor letters of intent are included with your file for final determinations.Does CUSOM accept/encourage/look for thank you letters after your Interview?
obliviousobviously
Full Member
Received an II just now! OOS and complete mid-August with LM80
Congrats! Do they email or call for II's?Received an II just now! OOS and complete mid-August with LM80
obliviousobviously
Full Member
Thanks! I just got an email.Congrats! Do they email or call for II's?
soporspelare
Full Member
II received as of three hours ago! Super excited 🙂
Congratulations!! Do you know how far out they're scheduling interviews?II received as of three hours ago! Super excited 🙂
Congrats! When were you complete and IS or OOS?II received as of three hours ago! Super excited 🙂
D
deleted1111835
Does anyone know if colorado starts with IS apps? it looks like they haven't interviewed a ton of people yet and I'm praying for an II OOS
Nocturnal_Knight
New Member
I want to say it was a pretty even split when I interviewed 10/1. (I'm OOS)Does anyone know if colorado starts with IS apps? it looks like they haven't interviewed a ton of people yet and I'm praying for an II OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soporspelare
Full Member
I was able to schedule mine for 11/19, so I'm assuming they're giving out IIs in smaller batches and not scheduling people too far out.Congratulations!! Do you know how far out they're scheduling interviews?
I was complete mid-July, and I'm OOS.Congrats! When were you complete and IS or OOS?
4castforstress
New Member
A!!!
Got the call yesterday afternoon (2:00 MST)
I interviewed 10/29
Edit: Last name starts with C
Got the call yesterday afternoon (2:00 MST)
I interviewed 10/29
Edit: Last name starts with C
Have pre-II R's been sent out here?
Inbutanxious
Full Member
II received on Friday!! IS and completed end of August. Does anyone know if their interview is blind or open app?
cheesypapa
New Member
So I totally just did not do the Altus Snapshot yet and apparently CUSOM requires it. I did already do Capser and Duet. Am I totally screwed??
D
deleted1111835
where did you see this??? I didn't know they require snapshot too?So I totally just did not do the Altus Snapshot yet and apparently CUSOM requires it. I did already do Capser and Duet. Am I totally screwed??
It's on their how to apply page University of Colorado School of Medicine Admissions Requirementswhere did you see this??? I didn't know they require snapshot too?
and also on the first page of this thread.
You can go back & do Snapshot; be aware that you should dress business professional as for a real interview and that you don't get to "re-do" any of your recorded answers.
D
deleted1111835
I swear snapshot was optional. admissions office wont pick up. this is my top choice lmao
Stafford2593
New Member
II a little earlier today, IS 70 LM score. Submitted 9/18. non traditional path with a good deal of research.
ice_cream_lover
Full Member
Congrats!! 🙂II a little earlier today, IS 70 LM score. Submitted 9/18. non traditional path with a good deal of research.
Would you mind sharing how far out they are scheduling interviews? Thanks so much!
Stafford2593
New Member
There were slots at beginning and mid December.Congrats!! 🙂
Would you mind sharing how far out they are scheduling interviews? Thanks so much!
thatonegrrl
Full Member
Any in-state applicants getting II that applied for the rural program? CU and the rural program there have been my goal since first embarking on this journey to med school. My stats are competitive based on MSAR, and I have a true passion for serving the primary care needs of rural Colorado, having called it home for nearly 15 years. But I have not heard anything. I thought being an IS URM who has actually lived, worked and served in rural CO would make me a shoe-in to at least get an interview. Is it worth reaching out with an update letter?
I'm in the exact same boat! CO resident (lived in rural CO most of my life), applied to the rural program. And it has been radio silence for me too. When were you complete?Any in-state applicants getting II that applied for the rural program? CU and the rural program there have been my goal since first embarking on this journey to med school. My stats are competitive based on MSAR, and I have a true passion for serving the primary care needs of rural Colorado, having called it home for nearly 15 years. But I have not heard anything. I thought being an IS URM who has actually lived, worked and served in rural CO would make me a shoe-in to at least get an interview. Is it worth reaching out with an update letter?
I'm pretty sure their website says they don't accept updates.
thatonegrrl
Full Member
I'm in the exact same boat! CO resident (lived in rural CO most of my life), applied to the rural program. And it has been radio silence for me too. When were you complete?
I'm pretty sure their website says they don't accept updates.
Ugh! I don't know if this is encouraging, that someone else is in the same boat, or discouraging because they are not looking at IS rural applicants. Because it was one of my top priority programs it was one of my first complete apps, submitted mid-July and was confirmed complete 7/31. What about you?
Also considered asking for an additional LOR from a former classmate who is an alum of the CU rural program. I was actually supposed to shadow with him back in March 2020, had a full 3 days planned including in-patient, out-patient and OB family med, but then it turned out to be the first week of lockdown. *sad trombone* Since I was not able to shadow, I don't know if it would be worth asking or not.
invictusforever
New Member
Have read in several arenas : Colorado notorious for late IS interviewsUgh! I don't know if this is encouraging, that someone else is in the same boat, or discouraging because they are not looking at IS rural applicants. Because it was one of my top priority programs it was one of my first complete apps, submitted mid-July and was confirmed complete 7/31. What about you?
Also considered asking for an additional LOR from a former classmate who is an alum of the CU rural program. I was actually supposed to shadow with him back in March 2020, had a full 3 days planned including in-patient, out-patient and OB family med, but then it turned out to be the first week of lockdown. *sad trombone* Since I was not able to shadow, I don't know if it would be worth asking or not.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have read in several arenas : Colorado notorious for late IS interviews
Or passing over in-state for $$S …
anervoussystem
New Member
did anyone else receive an II today? Did you also only have one date to choose from?
ice_cream_lover
Full Member
Congrats! What date are there to choose from? thanks!did anyone else receive an II today? Did you also only have one date to choose from?
I was also confused by how they say they don't take into account preferences for things like the rural track when offering II's, especially if those are limited seats in the first place. I was behind the curve on my app to CU, and was marked complete on 8/28.Ugh! I don't know if this is encouraging, that someone else is in the same boat, or discouraging because they are not looking at IS rural applicants. Because it was one of my top priority programs it was one of my first complete apps, submitted mid-July and was confirmed complete 7/31. What about you?
Also considered asking for an additional LOR from a former classmate who is an alum of the CU rural program. I was actually supposed to shadow with him back in March 2020, had a full 3 days planned including in-patient, out-patient and OB family med, but then it turned out to be the first week of lockdown. *sad trombone* Since I was not able to shadow, I don't know if it would be worth asking or not.
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
I'm OOS but was born/raised/lived in rural colorado until i left for college 🙁 also applied to their rural program and also am a URM, and nothing on my end. Granted, I got first quartile on Casper and feel like my snapshot was ass, so I'm not that surprised I haven't gotten any loveAny in-state applicants getting II that applied for the rural program? CU and the rural program there have been my goal since first embarking on this journey to med school. My stats are competitive based on MSAR, and I have a true passion for serving the primary care needs of rural Colorado, having called it home for nearly 15 years. But I have not heard anything. I thought being an IS URM who has actually lived, worked and served in rural CO would make me a shoe-in to at least get an interview. Is it worth reaching out with an update letter?
Did you become a resident of the state you went to for college? I thought schools had policies that didn't allow that so they could get that OOS $$$.I'm OOS but was born/raised/lived in rural colorado until i left for college 🙁 also applied to their rural program and also am a URM, and nothing on my end. Granted, I got first quartile on Casper and feel like my snapshot was ass, so I'm not that surprised I haven't gotten any love
D
deleted1108356
JUST GOT AN II!!!!! Complete on 8/8, OOS! I am so excited!!!
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
I was offered a position in the lab I was in undergrad, so I ended up staying here and working full time! Been at it for over a year, have my own apartment and stuff, so I'm def a resident nowDid you become a resident of the state you went to for college? I thought schools had policies that didn't allow that so they could get that OOS $$$.
thatonegrrl
Full Member
Yeah, I'm having to change my residency mid-cycle, because I moved for work. So looks like I may have missed out both OOS preference and IS preference. It is looking more and more like I might never be able to call CO home again. 🙁I was offered a position in the lab I was in undergrad, so I ended up staying here and working full time! Been at it for over a year, have my own apartment and stuff, so I'm def a resident now
It's not like that is where my dad is buried or anything... or where my mom lives and plans to retire (and where I would probably want to be if she needs care giving at end of life)... medicine makes you give up so much already, it's sad that the school does not even want their own residents, as if we have any other options to stay in the region we call home. (Surrounded by for-profit DO schools, and a bunch of state schools that actually do prioritize their in-state applicants).
I think your resident status as In-state for Colorado was determined at the time of your application submission, so you are likely still considered in-state for this application cycle.Yeah, I'm having to change my residency mid-cycle, because I moved for work. So looks like I may have missed out both OOS preference and IS preference. It is looking more and more like I might never be able to call CO home again. 🙁
It's not like that is where my dad is buried or anything... or where my mom lives and plans to retire (and where I would probably want to be if she needs care giving at end of life)... medicine makes you give up so much already, it's sad that the school does not even want their own residents, as if we have any other options to stay in the region we call home. (Surrounded by for-profit DO schools, and a bunch of state schools that actually do prioritize their in-state applicants).
Congrats! How far out are they scheduling interviews?JUST GOT AN II!!!!! Complete on 8/8, OOS! I am so excited!!!
I believe they were referring to an II, not an acceptance.Congrats! Do you or anyone else know if they do all their acceptance calls on the same day?
D
deleted1108356
I only saw two options for 12/3 and 12/17!Congrats! How far out are they scheduling interviews?
frogdogdizzly
Full Member
this.Or passing over in-state for $$S …
anervoussystem
New Member
Seems like the only option I had was 12/3 but I think that was the earliest one anyway, I think they're not scheduling too far out!Congrats! What date are there to choose from? thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who's been accepted want to join a groupme? I can make one if enough of you are interested!
Got a MSTP interview yesterday!! 🙂
Go for it! Id join for sure.Anyone who's been accepted want to join a groupme? I can make one if enough of you are interested!
Here's the group for all interested! GroupMeGo for it! Id join for sure.
Joined!Here's the group for all interested! GroupMe