2021-2022 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just realized i didn't make my CASPer designation for this school…. just did it, am i totally screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
colorado doesn't accept updates right?
Dr. SooHoo clearly stated that CUSOM doesn't accept updates during my interview (I say clearly because I was so burned out by the end of interview that I wasn't paying attention but remember this lol)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone explain what the group interviews are like?

Does CUSOM accept/encourage/look for thank you letters after your Interview?

Does CUSOM accept/encourage/look for thank you letters after your Interview?
I sent a thank you and got the A but after the interview they said neither thank you notes nor letters of intent are included with your file for final determinations.

II received as of three hours ago! Super excited :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if colorado starts with IS apps? it looks like they haven't interviewed a ton of people yet and I'm praying for an II OOS

Does anyone know if colorado starts with IS apps? it looks like they haven't interviewed a ton of people yet and I'm praying for an II OOS
I want to say it was a pretty even split when I interviewed 10/1. (I'm OOS)

A!!!
Got the call yesterday afternoon (2:00 MST)
I interviewed 10/29
Edit: Last name starts with C

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
II received on Friday!! IS and completed end of August. Does anyone know if their interview is blind or open app?

So I totally just did not do the Altus Snapshot yet and apparently CUSOM requires it. I did already do Capser and Duet. Am I totally screwed??

So I totally just did not do the Altus Snapshot yet and apparently CUSOM requires it. I did already do Capser and Duet. Am I totally screwed??
where did you see this??? I didn't know they require snapshot too?

I swear snapshot was optional. admissions office wont pick up. this is my top choice lmao

II a little earlier today, IS 70 LM score. Submitted 9/18. non traditional path with a good deal of research.

• Love
Any in-state applicants getting II that applied for the rural program? CU and the rural program there have been my goal since first embarking on this journey to med school. My stats are competitive based on MSAR, and I have a true passion for serving the primary care needs of rural Colorado, having called it home for nearly 15 years. But I have not heard anything. I thought being an IS URM who has actually lived, worked and served in rural CO would make me a shoe-in to at least get an interview. Is it worth reaching out with an update letter?

Any in-state applicants getting II that applied for the rural program? CU and the rural program there have been my goal since first embarking on this journey to med school. My stats are competitive based on MSAR, and I have a true passion for serving the primary care needs of rural Colorado, having called it home for nearly 15 years. But I have not heard anything. I thought being an IS URM who has actually lived, worked and served in rural CO would make me a shoe-in to at least get an interview. Is it worth reaching out with an update letter?
I'm in the exact same boat! CO resident (lived in rural CO most of my life), applied to the rural program. And it has been radio silence for me too. When were you complete?

I'm pretty sure their website says they don't accept updates.

I'm in the exact same boat! CO resident (lived in rural CO most of my life), applied to the rural program. And it has been radio silence for me too. When were you complete?

I'm pretty sure their website says they don't accept updates.

Ugh! I don't know if this is encouraging, that someone else is in the same boat, or discouraging because they are not looking at IS rural applicants. Because it was one of my top priority programs it was one of my first complete apps, submitted mid-July and was confirmed complete 7/31. What about you?

Also considered asking for an additional LOR from a former classmate who is an alum of the CU rural program. I was actually supposed to shadow with him back in March 2020, had a full 3 days planned including in-patient, out-patient and OB family med, but then it turned out to be the first week of lockdown. *sad trombone* Since I was not able to shadow, I don't know if it would be worth asking or not.

Ugh! I don't know if this is encouraging, that someone else is in the same boat, or discouraging because they are not looking at IS rural applicants. Because it was one of my top priority programs it was one of my first complete apps, submitted mid-July and was confirmed complete 7/31. What about you?

Also considered asking for an additional LOR from a former classmate who is an alum of the CU rural program. I was actually supposed to shadow with him back in March 2020, had a full 3 days planned including in-patient, out-patient and OB family med, but then it turned out to be the first week of lockdown. *sad trombone* Since I was not able to shadow, I don't know if it would be worth asking or not.
Have read in several arenas : Colorado notorious for late IS interviews

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
did anyone else receive an II today? Did you also only have one date to choose from?

I was also confused by how they say they don't take into account preferences for things like the rural track when offering II's, especially if those are limited seats in the first place. I was behind the curve on my app to CU, and was marked complete on 8/28.

I'm OOS but was born/raised/lived in rural colorado until i left for college :( also applied to their rural program and also am a URM, and nothing on my end. Granted, I got first quartile on Casper and feel like my snapshot was ass, so I'm not that surprised I haven't gotten any love

I'm OOS but was born/raised/lived in rural colorado until i left for college :( also applied to their rural program and also am a URM, and nothing on my end. Granted, I got first quartile on Casper and feel like my snapshot was ass, so I'm not that surprised I haven't gotten any love
Did you become a resident of the state you went to for college? I thought schools had policies that didn't allow that so they could get that OOS $$$.

JUST GOT AN II!!!!! Complete on 8/8, OOS! I am so excited!!!

• Love
  • Care
Did you become a resident of the state you went to for college? I thought schools had policies that didn't allow that so they could get that OOS $$$.
I was offered a position in the lab I was in undergrad, so I ended up staying here and working full time! Been at it for over a year, have my own apartment and stuff, so I'm def a resident now

I was offered a position in the lab I was in undergrad, so I ended up staying here and working full time! Been at it for over a year, have my own apartment and stuff, so I'm def a resident now
Yeah, I'm having to change my residency mid-cycle, because I moved for work. So looks like I may have missed out both OOS preference and IS preference. It is looking more and more like I might never be able to call CO home again. :(

It's not like that is where my dad is buried or anything... or where my mom lives and plans to retire (and where I would probably want to be if she needs care giving at end of life)... medicine makes you give up so much already, it's sad that the school does not even want their own residents, as if we have any other options to stay in the region we call home. (Surrounded by for-profit DO schools, and a bunch of state schools that actually do prioritize their in-state applicants).

Yeah, I'm having to change my residency mid-cycle, because I moved for work. So looks like I may have missed out both OOS preference and IS preference. It is looking more and more like I might never be able to call CO home again. :(

It's not like that is where my dad is buried or anything... or where my mom lives and plans to retire (and where I would probably want to be if she needs care giving at end of life)... medicine makes you give up so much already, it's sad that the school does not even want their own residents, as if we have any other options to stay in the region we call home. (Surrounded by for-profit DO schools, and a bunch of state schools that actually do prioritize their in-state applicants).
I think your resident status as In-state for Colorado was determined at the time of your application submission, so you are likely still considered in-state for this application cycle.

Anyone who's been accepted want to join a groupme? I can make one if enough of you are interested!

Reactions: 4 users