2021-2022 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all,
I posted about this a while back but just wanted to follow up in case I missed something. Have any accepted students heard word on the residency form? Also, has anyone had any luck paying their deposit, I'm a little confused about making a UCDAccess account. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I posted about this a while back but just wanted to follow up in case I missed something. Have any accepted students heard word on the residency form? Also, has anyone had any luck paying their deposit, I'm a little confused about making a UCDAccess account. Thanks!
I haven't tried paying the deposit yet. I also haven't heard anything about the residency classification form but I just went to see if the term starts were updated and there's now options for Summer 2022 so it looks like we should be able to submit it?

I haven't tried paying the deposit yet. I also haven't heard anything about the residency classification form but I just went to see if the term starts were updated and there's now options for Summer 2022 so it looks like we should be able to submit it?
I emailed about it and they said they would be sending the residency form in the next few weeks :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Very serious post. I haven't submitted my secondary and will tomorrow, which is the deadline. Is there even a slim chance I can hope for an interview?

Very serious post. I haven't submitted my secondary and will tomorrow, which is the deadline. Is there even a slim chance I can hope for an interview?
You have a better chance than if you don't submit. I don't think anyone here can tell you whether you still have a shot, your odds definitely aren't good this late. Your money is probably better spent elsewhere, but no one knows for sure

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else attending the second look day next week?

Reactions: 1 user
Just received a pre-secondary R earlier today, OOS with no ties but it’s okay! Just figured I’d share in case anyones in the same boat.

• Care
Last cycle the deadline was 12/31 and I submitted my secondary 12/30 and got an interview a month later, but didn't get accepted lol

That feeling when people are going to second look day and you're IS completed in July and still crickets..... :-|

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Got the A call. Interviewed on 11/5!

Edit: OOS. No ties.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they giving out all the calls in one day?
I’m not sure ! Sorry my last name starts with V idk if they are doing them in alphabetical order…idk if anyone else knows the answer to this?

What was the group interview like? It's the part of the interview I'm most worried about :cryi:

It’s a group discussion essentially. They’re not going to ask you about your file. They’ll ask questions to the group (three applicants including yourself) and you’ll each have a turn to answer and contribute to the discussion. They’re hoping to see some dialogue between you guys, and that you’re not only answering the question but engaging with the other applicants’ answers as well. Hope this helps!
Gotcha! That's so reassuring to hear :)

It’s a group discussion essentially. They’re not going to ask you about your file. They’ll ask questions to the group (three applicants including yourself) and you’ll each have a turn to answer and contribute to the discussion. They’re hoping to see some dialogue between you guys, and that you’re not only answering the question but engaging with the other applicants’ answers as well. Hope this helps!
What's the difference between the group interview and the group activity?

1638483485683.jpeg

Just updated on CUSOM's website

Reactions: 2 users
So it seems they have given out roughly <40% of their offers and interviewed <%50 so far (compared to last year). This is good news for those of us still waiting -- I think? :)
Yes, I'm thinking to same! It's really good news and it means that this app cycle for CUSOM is far from over. There are still plenty of II to go around for those of us still waiting on one.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I got my invitation to interview on 11/18 and I interviewed on 12/03. It was a pretty laid back experience and questions are conversational.

Last edited:
JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE CALL LETS ****ING GO

Interviewed 11/19

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats!!!!
Do you or anyone else recall how and when you learn if you’re in the Denver vs. Colorado Springs branch?
Found it here: FAQ

"Twelve students matriculate at the Branch campus each year. Applicants who wish to be considered for admission to the 4-year branch program in Fort Collins submit an additional essay on the Colorado secondary application describing their interest. There is a second opportunity to submit an essay for consideration for the Branch Campus after applicants learn more about the program on interview day. Once students are admitted to the SOM, acceptance to the FCB will be offered on a rolling basis until all slots are filled."

Found it here: FAQ

"Twelve students matriculate at the Branch campus each year. Applicants who wish to be considered for admission to the 4-year branch program in Fort Collins submit an additional essay on the Colorado secondary application describing their interest. There is a second opportunity to submit an essay for consideration for the Branch Campus after applicants learn more about the program on interview day. Once students are admitted to the SOM, acceptance to the FCB will be offered on a rolling basis until all slots are filled."
Thanks! I very well could be missing something, but I meant for the Colorado Springs Branch / CSB, which I believe is a separate application after acceptance. Just wanted to confirm if anyone knows for sure

Thanks! I very well could be missing something, but I meant for the Colorado Springs Branch / CSB, which I believe is a separate application after acceptance. Just wanted to confirm if anyone knows for sure
CSB is no longer an application after acceptance - it is now part of the regular match/lottery system for LIC (longitudinal integrated curriculum) sites which happens prior to the clinical year (2nd year in the new curriculum).

Got the A today too!!!!! Interviewed 11/19, IS, ORM LM 70. I'm staying in Colorado :')

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, have you received an email from them yet?
I got the call yesterday and haven't gotten the email yet. Probably an irrational fear but I'm just hoping this all wasn't an elaborate prank or something, especially since U of Cincinnati gave me an acceptance call a few weeks ago and then hit me with a surprise rejection the day after ☠️

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Wait what. This is horrific. Which was the error the acceptance call or rejection?!
The acceptance call. The interim admissions dean called me and didn't even have the balls to say I was rejected, he just said "the status on your MedOneStop portal is correct" lmao. Apparently I was one of 7 lucky people this happened to. Either way idgaf lol a med school that's incompetent enough to **** up like that is one I would not trust with my medical education and training.

• Care
  • Wow
Ok guys just got the email I can confirm I have not been pranked.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the acceptance call yesterday and the email just now! Interviewed 11/19

First MD acceptance :D

interview invite just now via email

• Love
has anyone been able to sign up for their cusom email? i got an email to register but I need a student ID which I don't believe I have... not in a huge rush but registering in the system helps it feel more real during a fully virtual process lol