2021-2022 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were they this silent when you applied? 🤣 Not even a “your application is complete” email…
Yeah, they are a pretty quiet school in general so don’t feel discouraged by that. I never got any emails from them until the interview invite. It’s a little frustrating.

Yeah, they are a pretty quiet school in general so don’t feel discouraged by that. I never got any emails from them until the interview invite. It’s a little frustrating.
When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the prompts the same as last year? Would anyone be willing to post them? Thanks!

Are the prompts the same as last year? Would anyone be willing to post them? Thanks!

1. Highlight your experiences in the health care field. What insights have you gained about potential problems you will face as a physician?

2. How will the University of Connecticut School of Medicine best serve your needs of becoming a physician or physician scientist?

3. Please take a moment to explain how the COVID-19 pandemic directly and personally affected you as it pertains to preparing for medical school. (e.g. MCAT test date delay, financial impact, research/clinical experiences, self-quarantine, etc.).

All 1800 Characters

1. Highlight your experiences in the health care field. What insights have you gained about potential problems you will face as a physician?

2. How will the University of Connecticut School of Medicine best serve your needs of becoming a physician or physician scientist?

3. Please take a moment to explain how the COVID-19 pandemic directly and personally affected you as it pertains to preparing for medical school. (e.g. MCAT test date delay, financial impact, research/clinical experiences, self-quarantine, etc.).

All 1800 Characters
Thank you!!

Anyone else hear anything yet? It doesn't look like many interviews went out

Just received an II! IS complete 8/27!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone hearing back!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
hey everyone, I didn't know that the portal had a deadline of 1 month for submission and I missed it due to extenuating circumstances (personal illness + dealing with multiple deaths in my circle right now, just kind of sad nowadays). anyone know if it's worth contacting them for an extension to reopen my app or if it's a lost cause?
The worst they can say is no🤷‍♀️ worth a shot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang was the rollout of IIs this slow last year? I've seen a few here but not as many as I would expect at this stage in the game?

All the Connecticut schools seem to be very slow this cycle...

did anyone get a confirmation email saying the secondary was submitted?

To those have interviewed, were they open or closed file??

To those have interviewed, were they open or closed file??
Open. They read your app really well and I felt like there was a genuine effort to get to know me. Fav interview so far.

Anyone think we will hear back tomorrow?
I really really hope so but if I had to guess I’d say prob Monday or Tuesday. Last couple of years the first round of decisions went out on 10/19 and 10/18. Hope it’s tomorrow though lol

I really really hope so but if I had to guess I’d say prob Monday or Tuesday. Last couple of years the first round of decisions went out on 10/19 and 10/18. Hope it’s tomorrow though lol
I was thinking the same exact thing. But really hoping for tomorrow lol...AND that it is good news for us! haha

• Care
Denied post interview just now. Beyond sad. Interview was 9/10 and went here for undergrad/master's. Good luck to everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Denied post interview just now. Beyond sad. Interview was 9/10 and went here for undergrad/master's. Good luck to everyone.

I am so, so sorry -- lots of hugs for you <3 let yourself be sad for a little while and then dust yourself off. You're going to be a great physician one day :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
got the acceptance email at 12:45 EST today! Beyond excited and grateful !!!

• Love
Ugh, I'm so so sorry! This is a small bump in the road and you're allowed to be sad about it but you will be a doctor! (and a great one too!!!!)

Complete: 07/09,
II: 08/27,
IA: 09/10,
A: 10/15.

Got the email around noon and spent 3 hours crying (and re-reading it to make sure I'm not hallucinating :oops:)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the A yesterday (10/15) around 1:30PM! Interviewed 10/1, in-state. Was not expecting to hear today... this is such a relief. I have been re-reading the email for the past 24 hours. Ahhh!!

• Love
Got the A yesterday (10/15) around 1:30PM! Interviewed 10/1, in-state. Was not expecting to hear today... this is such a relief. I have been re-reading the email for the past 24 hours. Ahhh!!
Have you been able to pay the deposit? Mine says something along the lines of no term available for deposit or something like that...

Got the A on Friday around 1:30pm. Secondary submitted 8/25, interviewed 10/1. :D

3.57, 511, 4 gap years of clinical research

Has anyone accepted not received their NetID for the deposit? Called the IT help desk this AM and they said to give it another day or so

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Can anyone comment on how the interview was? Was it with faculty? How long? How was the intensity of questions?

Can anyone comment on how the interview was? Was it with faculty? How long? How was the intensity of questions?
There’s two 50 min interviews, one with a faculty/an adcom and the other with a student. Both of mine were very casual, especially the one with the adcom. We just talked about different aspects of my applications and my interests and what not. Nothing stressful at all!

There’s two 50 min interviews, one with a faculty/an adcom and the other with a student. Both of mine were very casual, especially the one with the adcom. We just talked about different aspects of my applications and my interests and what not. Nothing stressful at all!
Thanks for sharing! Do they let you know in advance who your faculty and student interviewer is?

I got the email with my NetID the other day and paid my deposit. And personally, I felt like my faculty interview was a pressure-interview, so I think the interview style varies based on interviewer.

Was the interview tough for this school?

Anyone that submitted mid September OOS get an II yet or a R?

Post interview R this morning while getting dressed for another schools interview…brutal timing. IS, Interviewed 10/15, felt like it went great. Obviously some reflection to do, but not today.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Post interview R this morning while getting dressed for another schools interview…brutal timing. IS, Interviewed 10/15, felt like it went great. Obviously some reflection to do, but not today.
I'm so sorry:( Did they send it through email?

Keep your head up for your next interview! You got this!

Last edited:

I am so sorry <3 you're going to kill the next interview.. keep your head up, future doc :)