2021-2022 Connecticut

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also submitted one and was accepted, but I had significant updates. If you have meaningful updates, I'd absolutely send one!
I've had radio silence since applying, but I would like to send an update. What is the best email to send that, because in their instructions, they explicitly told us not to update them. But by now, I am desperate for something, and I'm assuming I would be rejected if I don't send an update.
 
I've had radio silence since applying, but I would like to send an update. What is the best email to send that, because in their instructions, they explicitly told us not to update them. But by now, I am desperate for something, and I'm assuming I would be rejected if I don't send an update.

At the interview, during the concluding statements, we were invited to submit updates to their main admissions email account if we wanted to provide additional information or add to our apps.. I'm not sure if they accept updates from applicants who have not yet been interviewed.

If the instructions were clear regarding not submitting updates unless invited to, I'd probably listen and be very hesitant to send unsolicited letters.
 
Did you submit a letter of interest or a letter of intent?
It was an update letter, that I subtlety hinted it was also a letter of intent, but primarily an update since they specifically said that letters on intent don’t really carry any weight and they don’t include them in our application for final review
 
It was an update letter, that I subtlety hinted it was also a letter of intent, but primarily an update since they specifically said that letters on intent don’t really carry any weight and they don’t include them in our application for final review
Who did you send the update letter to? General admissions?
 
Pre-II just now. OOS but live in New England, complete mid-July. Granted did I ever have a chance as OOS with minimal ties? Probably not
 
going to withdraw my A ! but does anyone know hOW to do so lol. can't find it on application or student portal
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone noticed a "to do" alert in their uconn portal that is a "statement of idenity and educational purpose" to be sent to the financial aid office? Has anyone sent this in yet or know what its for?
 
I am really starting to lose hope on waitlist movement 🙁 This is my dream school but not even sure my place on the list. Has anyone heard any new information?
 
A colleague of mine has been on the waitlist since February and still hasn't heard anything. I did decline my acceptance here so there definitely has to have been some waitlist movement happening!!
 
Anyone hear anything recently? Last year some people posted in May that they were accepted off the WL but I haven’t seen anything yet for this year. Does anyone have any information about WL movement?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can confirm that waitlist movement is happening already (people have recently been joining our admitted students groups from the waitlist), good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!
 
What do y’all think the chances are of getting off the WL now? I’m IS and interviewed early. I haven’t seen a lot of talk of sdn and I really don’t know how to gauge my chances