2021-2022 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone want to start a Facebook group? Or a group me? I saw there is one for the dental class of 2026 and I would love to connect with some Of you!
Yes! Could we do a group me? I haven’t touched Facebook in years…

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I’m a sophomore at uconn, what would you say is important for having a good application? And standing a chance in the process
Sorry, my reply got cut off! Don’t stress too much about one thing, grades, mcat, etc. Focus on being a well rounded person and exploring all of your interests (and enjoying college)! To me it seemed schools really liked hearing about all of the different things I’m passionate about and how those experiences will contribute to ( hopefully) helping me become a good doctor! Of course, I’m no expert. Try not to compare yourself to others, There is no “right way“ to do it. Good luck with your journey!

Post-II R just now. Wasn't expecting that at all but good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
A, instate, low MCAT unique background/experiences

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats everyone that just got in. I’m super happy for you all and proud of all that you’ve accomplished so far

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Are they done with IIs?? Also have any pre-II Rs gone out?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
M1 here. Echoing my previous post on the first page - feel free to PM with any questions about admissions!

For anyone who has already interviewed, how many days after the interview do people receive the post interview email/followup?
13 days for me

For anyone who has already interviewed, how many days after the interview do people receive the post interview email/followup?
I don’t remember exactly, but around 2 weeks for me

Ok thank you. This followup email was not the final decision email (A, AL, not A). This was strictly on sending updates and financial aid correct?
Oh no that’s when I got my A.

Ok thank you. This followup email was not the final decision email (A, AL, not A). This was strictly on sending updates and financial aid correct?
Idk I honestly don’t think I got an email in between my interview and A, can you copy and paste the email here? Or DM

is there any sort of page to start looking for housing / roommates? i know theres a whatsap group but it might be helpful if someone makes a facebook group to get to know one another?

is there any sort of page to start looking for housing / roommates? i know theres a whatsap group but it might be helpful if someone makes a facebook group to get to know one another?
I was told we’re gunna have a second look day and we make a fb group after that

If it has been almost a month post-interview, is that a bad sign (MD/PhD)?

Got an acceptance around 4:30 today! Could not be more grateful :love: 🎉

Edited to add: interviewed on January 21st :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
has anyone emailed about a 2nd look ? I know some other schools have given information about theirs over individual emails.

Has anyone got II recently ?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone think an update/interest letter is worth it? I interviewed on Monday. Did anybody who got accepted submit one?

Does anyone think an update/interest letter is worth it? I interviewed on Monday. Did anybody who got accepted submit one?

I also submitted one and was accepted, but I had significant updates. If you have meaningful updates, I'd absolutely send one!

If we had gotten a scholarship from UCONN, would it have come in when we were accepted or do those come out with FA packages?

I did not apply for it. It was the HCOP scholarship. I was notified that I was eligible and they asked me some questions, but there wasn’t a formal app or anything.

I did not apply for it. It was the HCOP scholarship. I was notified that I was eligible and they asked me some questions, but there wasn’t a formal app or anything.
Did they offer you a full scholarship and did you participate in their program as an undergrad ?

Did you participate in the Hcop program
Idk what that means. :/ I just applied to the school, they told me I was eligible for the scholarship and asked me some questions, I answered the questions, and then they told me I won the scholarship. That's basically all I did.

Idk what that means. :/ I just applied to the school, they told me I was eligible for the scholarship and asked me some questions, I answered the questions, and then they told me I won the scholarship. That's basically all I did.
Ok kool congratulations they are my alma mater so I was just curious —hope you attend lol

Ok kool congratulations they are my alma mater so I was just curious —hope you attend lol
No worries! I'm 100% attending. I've already withdrawn most of my acceptances. :) I hope we get to meet.

• Love
does anyone have an idea why they haven't sent an email about second look yet? it looks like last year they sent it by the end of februrary

does anyone have an idea why they haven't sent an email about second look yet? it looks like last year they sent it by the end of februrary
+1.

I feel like communication wasn’t super great tbh. I have no idea what’s going on and I’m 100% going 😂 if anybody knows, let me know!

Have you tried calling or emailing? I only got a hold of their voicemail when I tried calling this morning
I have not! I don't really want to bother them. Plus, I strongly feel that accepted students shouldn't have to follow up with admin on these things. They should be the ones trying to recruit us!

Got a letter/surprise gift in the mail! Mentioned that second look will be the week of 3/20

Being that second look is around the corner does that mean II are done for this cycle ?

1646699171399.png

Here is the email I just got!

Did anyome else get an email about financial aid? a little confused I thought it wasn’t supposed to come out until spring and not really sure what this email is

Did anyome else get an email about financial aid? a little confused I thought it wasn’t supposed to come out until spring and not really sure what this email is
I got an email that my financial aid package was available and I went to the student portal and it was there. They must just be ahead of schedule