-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Connecticut
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
royalraccoon
Full Member
Just got the A, OOS w/ strong ties to CT. Interviewed 10/15. Absolutely over the moon right now. To the people getting Rs today, I know how you feel. Keep your head up and know that you will be a doctor. Keep strong and I’m rooting for y’all
Keep your head up!!Post interview R this morning while getting dressed for another schools interview…brutal timing. IS, Interviewed 10/15, felt like it went great. Obviously some reflection to do, but not today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
royalraccoon
Full Member
Has anyone who got the A on 10/28 received their NetID email yet, or do we think it’ll come on Monday when IT gets back in the office?
I haven’t gotten it yet either!Has anyone who got the A on 10/28 received their NetID email yet, or do we think it’ll come on Monday when IT gets back in the office?
medsapplicant2k21
Full Member
10/25 interviewees, when do you think we’ll hear back?
royalraccoon
Full Member
If it helps, I got my decision 2 weeks after my interview. Not to say that it’ll always be the same, just a point of reference10/25 interviewees, when do you think we’ll hear back?
medsapplicant2k21
Full Member
Thank you!If it helps, I got my decision 2 weeks after my interview. Not to say that it’ll always be the same, just a point of reference
gogomed0000
Full Member
Man I was complete back in June here and I'm in state....at this point is it just an R lol?
D
deleted1092328
II MDPHD
C: Late Sept
C: Late Sept
how do you know when you were complete? also congrats!!!II MDPHD
C: Late Sept
Me too 😩Man I was complete back in June here and I'm in state....at this point is it just an R lol?
D
deleted1092328
u get a emailhow do you know when you were complete? also congrats!!!
OO thanks. Guess i am not complete though I submitted 8/9u get a email
I am pretty sure nobody in this thread got any sort of complete email…OO thanks. Guess i am not complete though I submitted 8/9
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1092328
well tbh idr how this school does it i have no idea, other schools send email, maybe this one didn't idr. if all ur things r in ur complete even if they dont tell u via emailOO thanks. Guess i am not complete though I submitted 8/9
yeah i emailed them and they said they dont send complete emails... oops.well tbh idr how this school does it i have no idea, other schools send email, maybe this one didn't idr. if all ur things r in ur complete even if they dont tell u via email
I can imagine it would be?For anyone who was accepted, do you get a confirmation email that your seat was reserved after you pay your deposit and accept the standards? Or, do you just have to hope it’s reserved?
Also how long after you got your acceptance did you get your NetID? I was accepted on 10/28 and still haven't gotten mine
I forgot I applied to them for my undergraduate, so I reached out to IT after not getting the NetID email after a couple of days. Turns out it’s the same one, so if you’ve applied for undergrad, then call and they can reset your password as you won’t get an email.I can imagine it would be?
Also how long after you got your acceptance did you get your NetID? I was accepted on 10/28 and still haven't gotten mine
I never got that a confirmation and when I emailed them asking, they just said if you paid and did the standards then it’s reserved.
Ohh shii I didn’t even think about that. Thank you!!I forgot I applied to them for my undergraduate, so I reached out to IT after not getting the NetID email after a couple of days. Turns out it’s the same one, so if you’ve applied for undergrad, then call and they can reset your password as you won’t get an email.
I never got that a confirmation and when I emailed them asking, they just said if you paid and did the standards then it’s reserved.
pablopablo12356
New Member
Does anyone know if the technical standards attestation is the AAMC gateway or is it a separate email?
royalraccoon
Full Member
It ain’t over till it’s over. This is still very early in the process. I know the wait sucks but hang in thereMan I was complete back in June here and I'm in state....at this point is it just an R lol?
royalraccoon
Full Member
I believe it’s in the gateway. There should be a link in the email that followed your acceptance email.Does anyone know if the technical standards attestation is the AAMC gateway or is it a separate email?
medschoolapplicant2k21
New Member
Anyone that interviewed on 10/25 hear back yet?
Got the A, and interviewed 10/25!
medschoolapplicant2k21
New Member
Everyone who got an A Congrats!!
Did you hear back by email or Call?
Did you hear back by email or Call?
Any further news on this?does anyone know if the school creates a facebook group or anything for accepted students? if not, would anyone be interested in starting a group me?
notadoctor2828
New Member
Has anyone sent an update or anything via email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not that I’ve seenAny accepted student make a group yet?
No, I don’t believe you do. Just a receipt for the deposit, then you hope for the best. I believe they reach out again in Spring with next steps.did anyone get a confirmation after making a deposit or know any further steps?
Do you know if there's an accepted students day that uconn does?No, I don’t believe you do. Just a receipt for the deposit, then you hope for the best. I believe they reach out again in Spring with next steps.
royalraccoon
Full Member
Last year was virtual. Not sure what this cycle will look like, but I know the campus is still pretty restricted. Link below for your reference.Do you know if there's an accepted students day that uconn does?
Second Look 2026 | School of Medicine | University of Connecticut
Second Look 2026 Welcome to UConn School of Medicine! Congratulations on your admission to the UConn School of Medicine, we hope you are very proud of this ...
I am an in-state MD/Phd applicant who was complete in mid-July, and I haven't heard anything from the school. Anyone else in this situation? So much anxiety :/
I am in-state went here for undergradd--and just radio silenceI am an in-state MD/Phd applicant who was complete in mid-July, and I haven't heard anything from the school. Anyone else in this situation? So much anxiety :/
What are your stats?I am an in-state MD/Phd applicant who was complete in mid-July, and I haven't heard anything from the school. Anyone else in this situation? So much anxiety :/
gogomed0000
Full Member
IS here too. I had called last week to ask about an update and they told me that once everything is complete, we just hang tight, that they're making their way through, and that it's a long process. So of course you can reach out for an update but I'm not sure if they'd say anything different from what I heard.Complete early August, In-state; Silence here too. Would it be worth contacting admissions for an update?
gogomed0000
Full Member
II just now! 🙂 IS and complete 6/30. The email asked if I can do a certain day in mid-January so I don't get in and choose like other schools just as FYI.
II (yesterday)! Don't remember when I was complete but I believe late July or early August. My email just asked if I was available to interview on Jan. 10th.
Since someone is probably going to ask: In-state (UConn alumnus) 3.73/517.
Since someone is probably going to ask: In-state (UConn alumnus) 3.73/517.
Hey guys,
I'm trying to send a letter of interest. Does anyone know the appropriate email for me to send it to?
I'm trying to send a letter of interest. Does anyone know the appropriate email for me to send it to?
I did.Anyone else get the background check email?
I did.
Did you already interview? Would the background check be a pre-II thing?Anyone else get the background check email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on 10/8 and was accepted 10/28. I don't think it's pre-interview. I think it's only for people who have at least on acceptance.Did you already interview? Would the background check be a pre-II thing?
futuredoc666222
Full Member
Does anyone want to start a Facebook group? Or a group me? I saw there is one for the dental class of 2026 and I would love to connect with some Of you!
I'd love this!!! I'm 99% sure I'm going to UConn so I'd love to get to know my future classmates. 🙂Does anyone want to start a Facebook group? Or a group me? I saw there is one for the dental class of 2026 and I would love to connect with some Of you!
Yes! Could we do a group me? I haven’t touched Facebook in years…Does anyone want to start a Facebook group? Or a group me? I saw there is one for the dental class of 2026 and I would love to connect with some Of you!
Would WhatsApp work? I’d prefer that way!Yes! Could we do a group me? I haven’t touched Facebook in years…