2021-2022 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Biting Nails Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone's essays in the portal disappear? Mine didn't but apparently that was a thing 2 years ago.

Did anyone's essays in the portal disappear? Mine didn't but apparently that was a thing 2 years ago.
Not mine. Did they establish a correlation? I remember seeing this too. I personally wouldn’t think too much of it.

Edit: just looked back at the 2019-2020 thread, what a hysteria about the essays disappearing! I think page 14-15 you can see it

Last edited:
This is the longest hour of my life
Bruv,
I don't understand this stuff
You will eventually know by next week.
Knowing now or tomorrow doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things.

Still, it's entertaining to me to watch

• Dislike
  • Okay...
Reactions: 5 users
If it helps anyone I spoke to a current student involved in admissions and she gave no exact date. Valentine's dayish was the sentiment

Why y'all so pressed that some of us are excited about decisions coming out? If I want to be excited today, and be disappointed later because nothing happened, that's on me. I'll wear my clown makeup with PRIDE.

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
I mean, page 9 does show Dr Yee said he was shooting for the 11th

to you, sdn post from someone who we have no clue who they are = admission adcom members and/or credible source of info?
Guys, time will tell. I dont think us arguing about the time of release is worth the energy. We have already given our souls to this process, we don't need to exert more effort in our arguments

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Duke hasn't even said the results are coming out today so I am not sure what's happening here lol. I mean it could come out today (but then it could come out any other day too). Just because it happened this time of the cycle last year doesn't mean a thing for this cycle... so peeps.. calm down..lol
(M1 stalking this thread for a friend) Lol these comments are sooooo unnecessary. Applicants' futures and plans depend on when, where, and if they get into medical school. It's completely normal to be anxious, allow people to use this space to express that

• Care
Reactions: 25 users
It's written by Dr. Yee then?
i don't usually post but i feel the need to say this.

You are a rather unlikable person with a visible superiority complex. Learn to tone it down because you can and WILL be humbled, and ur 1000+ II wont protect you from that.

You are not God. You are no one's Father. Stop speaking down on people.

edit: Just wanted to add that speculation is quite literally the bread and butter of SDN, if you don't like speculative posts then i personally don't know why you use the platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

You are a rather unlikable person with a visible superiority complex. Learn to tone it down because you can and WILL be humbled, and ur 1000+ II wont protect you from that.

edit: Just wanted to add that speculation is quite literally the bread and butter of SDN, if you don't like speculative posts then i personally don't know why you use the platform.
isn't it scary that these people get to be doctors... its so easy to be a b*tch to others when shielded by anonymity! BUT it is even easier to take a break and not make other people feel bad for no goddamn reason on anonymous online platforms. :)

isn't it scary that these people get to be doctors... its so easy to be a b*tch to others when shielded by anonymity! BUT it is even easier to take a break and not make other people feel bad for no goddamn reason on anonymous online platforms. :)
Glad to see this behavior called out, this guy has been pretty nasty to me too.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Anyways it’s prob not today then it’s almost 2 pm eastern. Pack it up guys 🥲.

Reactions: 2 users

:corny::corny::corny:

• Haha

Daaaang dawg, that’s a lot of upvotes.

I’m not even in the running here but came to see this guy get taken down a notch. Thank you, they deserved it. Best of luck to y’all on getting accepted :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Not mine. Did they establish a correlation? I remember seeing this too. I personally wouldn’t think too much of it.

Edit: just looked back at the 2019-2020 thread, what a hysteria about the essays disappearing! I think page 14-15 you can see it
Yeah, it was a huge hysteria created back then!

Glad to see this behavior called out, this guy has been pretty nasty to me too.
A: 25 (T10: 2) gets me every single time, lmao. SDN is to help people not flex T10 A's, I'm pretty sure if everyone on SDN included that, bud would be humbled immediately. edit: at least dude is deleting his posts now lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

I see the point about being likeable and all. Still, how are you going to be a doctor if you can't even practice the simplest form of stoicism.
The point is that no amount of anxiety or excitement will change the timeline for decision release. It won't change anything and is actually counterproductive.

Just live your life and wait for the decision to come out when it comes out.

I get the joking enthusiasm and stuff when it's not serious, but when some people are actually freaking out it becomes something else.

• Okay...
I see the point about being likeable and all. Still, how are you going to be a doctor if you can't even practice the simplest form of stoicism.
The point is that no amount of anxiety or excitement will change the timeline for decision release. It won't change anything and is actually counterproductive.

Just live your life and wait for the decision to come out when it comes out.

I get the joking enthusiasm and stuff when it's not serious, but when some people are actually freaking out it becomes something else.
Damn you right...doctors should never show emotions fr fr 💯💯

Reactions: 10 users
I’m not even in the running here but came to see this guy get taken down a notch. Thank you, they deserved it. Best of luck to y’all on getting accepted :)
Alright y’all, my point still stands, but I think the pile on session should probably end. No need to hurt feelings unnecessarily. Lessons learned, moving on, no?

Reactions: 1 user
On my interview day, Dr. Yee said February 11-14th. This is a life changing decision. It is absolutely normal to have anxiety about it. We all cope with these situations differently. Let's all be kind to each other and support each other through this.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
This thread is even more toxic than UCLA’s. I love it! 🍿

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Why doesn’t someone just call? Not me tho…

• Haha
as someone who hasn't interviewed at all i would be happy to call since i have no skin in the game

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Damn you right...doctors should never show emotions fr fr 💯💯

My point was never about showing emotions or not.
It's simply about not letting your emotions getting the better of you. Especially when it's something you can't control.

Additionally, a doctor should actually show more emotional strength. How are you going to inspire confidence in your patients if they can sense that you're as stressed/overwhelmed as they are.

Again, I'm not against emotions. I'm in favor of emotions when they're productive or life affirming.

So question on terminology - does this include the weekend? Or are we adjourning this anxiety session til Monday
Pretty sure he meant Friday or Monday

My point was never about showing emotions or not.
It's simply about not letting your emotions getting the better of you. Especially when it's something you can't control.

Additionally, a doctor should actually show more emotional strength. How are you going to inspire confidence in your patients if they can sense that you're as stressed/overwhelmed as they are.

Again, I'm not against emotions. I'm in favor of emotions when they're productive or life affirming.
we aren't doctors yet let us have this one:cool:

as someone who hasn't interviewed at all i would be happy to call since i have no skin in the game
I hereby vote you as the winner of this thread. You have been officially accepted to the med school in my heart ❤️❤️❤️.

I’m probably not even gonna go to Duke but this thread is spicy, and dis Mexican likes spicy.

okay so i called twice and it went straight to voicemail both times, left a msg and sent an email I'll keep y'all posted if I hear anything

• Care
Reactions: 27 users
Why y'all so pressed that some of us are excited about decisions coming out? If I want to be excited today, and be disappointed later because nothing happened, that's on me. I'll wear my clown makeup with PRIDE.
2604F597-FC9B-4E81-B657-BBE8229BAC89.jpeg

It’s clown time

• Haha
Guess I’ll see y’all back here on Monday 😆

Reactions: 6 users
I am currently out at a club but clearly my mind is preoccupied. My resting heart rate today (according to my Apple Watch) was 115 RIP me

• Haha
Its gonna be a beautiful Valentine's present. The only Valentine we need
No one has heard back MD/PhD yet, right? It seems like those decisions normally come a day or two before regular MD.

No one has heard back MD/PhD yet, right? It seems like those decisions normally come a day or two before regular MD.
I don’t know if they are honestly directly coordinated because each has their own admissions process? But I honestly don’t know. 🙃

I don’t know if they are honestly directly coordinated because each has their own admissions process? But I honestly don’t know. 🙃
That's true. It may just be a coincidence in the last few cycles that they came out first.