You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Duke
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
Are they gonna make us wait until 1 😫???
Did anyone's essays in the portal disappear? Mine didn't but apparently that was a thing 2 years ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not mine. Did they establish a correlation? I remember seeing this too. I personally wouldn’t think too much of it.Did anyone's essays in the portal disappear? Mine didn't but apparently that was a thing 2 years ago.
Edit: just looked back at the 2019-2020 thread, what a hysteria about the essays disappearing! I think page 14-15 you can see it
Last edited:
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
This is the longest hour of my life
Bruv,This is the longest hour of my life
I don't understand this stuff
You will eventually know by next week.
Knowing now or tomorrow doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things.
Still, it's entertaining to me to watch
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
Why y'all so pressed that some of us are excited about decisions coming out? If I want to be excited today, and be disappointed later because nothing happened, that's on me. I'll wear my clown makeup with PRIDE.
NormalUsername42
Full Member
dojacat2000
Full Member
Guys, time will tell. I dont think us arguing about the time of release is worth the energy. We have already given our souls to this process, we don't need to exert more effort in our argumentsto you, sdn post from someone who we have no clue who they are = admission adcom members and/or credible source of info?
meowing-moose
New Member
(M1 stalking this thread for a friend) Lol these comments are sooooo unnecessary. Applicants' futures and plans depend on when, where, and if they get into medical school. It's completely normal to be anxious, allow people to use this space to express thatDuke hasn't even said the results are coming out today so I am not sure what's happening here lol. I mean it could come out today (but then it could come out any other day too). Just because it happened this time of the cycle last year doesn't mean a thing for this cycle... so peeps.. calm down..lol
D
deleted1127091
i don't usually post but i feel the need to say this.It's written by Dr. Yee then?
You are a rather unlikable person with a visible superiority complex. Learn to tone it down because you can and WILL be humbled, and ur 1000+ II wont protect you from that.
You are not God. You are no one's Father. Stop speaking down on people.
edit: Just wanted to add that speculation is quite literally the bread and butter of SDN, if you don't like speculative posts then i personally don't know why you use the platform.
Last edited by a moderator:
curiousmed1234567
New Member
isn't it scary that these people get to be doctors... its so easy to be a b*tch to others when shielded by anonymity! BUT it is even easier to take a break and not make other people feel bad for no goddamn reason on anonymous online platforms. 🙂i don't usually post but i feel the need to say this.
You are a rather unlikable person with a visible superiority complex. Learn to tone it down because you can and WILL be humbled, and ur 1000+ II wont protect you from that.
You are not God. You are no one's Father. Stop speaking down on people.
edit: Just wanted to add that speculation is quite literally the bread and butter of SDN, if you don't like speculative posts then i personally don't know why you use the platform.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Glad to see this behavior called out, this guy has been pretty nasty to me too.isn't it scary that these people get to be doctors... its so easy to be a b*tch to others when shielded by anonymity! BUT it is even easier to take a break and not make other people feel bad for no goddamn reason on anonymous online platforms. 🙂
Last edited by a moderator:
i don't usually post but i feel the need to say this.
You are a rather unlikable person with a visible superiority complex. Learn to tone it down because you can and WILL be humbled, and ur 1000+ II wont protect you from that.
You are not God. You are no one's Father. Stop speaking down on people.
edit: Just wanted to add that speculation is quite literally the bread and butter of SDN, if you don't like speculative posts then i personally don't know why you use the platform.



Daaaang dawg, that’s a lot of upvotes.i don't usually post but i feel the need to say this.
You are a rather unlikable person with a visible superiority complex. Learn to tone it down because you can and WILL be humbled, and ur 1000+ II wont protect you from that.
You are not God. You are no one's Father. Stop speaking down on people.
edit: Just wanted to add that speculation is quite literally the bread and butter of SDN, if you don't like speculative posts then i personally don't know why you use the platform.
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
😭😭Anyways it’s prob not today then it’s almost 2 pm eastern. Pack it up guys 🥲.
I’m not even in the running here but came to see this guy get taken down a notch. Thank you, they deserved it. Best of luck to y’all on getting accepted 🙂i don't usually post but i feel the need to say this.
You are a rather unlikable person with a visible superiority complex. Learn to tone it down because you can and WILL be humbled, and ur 1000+ II wont protect you from that.
You are not God. You are no one's Father. Stop speaking down on people.
edit: Just wanted to add that speculation is quite literally the bread and butter of SDN, if you don't like speculative posts then i personally don't know why you use the platform.
Last edited:
Yeah, it was a huge hysteria created back then!Not mine. Did they establish a correlation? I remember seeing this too. I personally wouldn’t think too much of it.
Edit: just looked back at the 2019-2020 thread, what a hysteria about the essays disappearing! I think page 14-15 you can see it
D
deleted1114112
A: 25 (T10: 2) gets me every single time, lmao. SDN is to help people not flex T10 A's, I'm pretty sure if everyone on SDN included that, bud would be humbled immediately. edit: at least dude is deleting his posts now lolGlad to see this behavior called out, this guy has been pretty nasty to me too.
Last edited by a moderator:
i don't usually post but i feel the need to say this.
You are a rather unlikable person with a visible superiority complex. Learn to tone it down because you can and WILL be humbled, and ur 1000+ II wont protect you from that.
You are not God. You are no one's Father. Stop speaking down on people.
edit: Just wanted to add that speculation is quite literally the bread and butter of SDN, if you don't like speculative posts then i personally don't know why you use the platform.
I see the point about being likeable and all. Still, how are you going to be a doctor if you can't even practice the simplest form of stoicism.
The point is that no amount of anxiety or excitement will change the timeline for decision release. It won't change anything and is actually counterproductive.
Just live your life and wait for the decision to come out when it comes out.
I get the joking enthusiasm and stuff when it's not serious, but when some people are actually freaking out it becomes something else.
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
Damn you right...doctors should never show emotions fr fr 💯💯I see the point about being likeable and all. Still, how are you going to be a doctor if you can't even practice the simplest form of stoicism.
The point is that no amount of anxiety or excitement will change the timeline for decision release. It won't change anything and is actually counterproductive.
Just live your life and wait for the decision to come out when it comes out.
I get the joking enthusiasm and stuff when it's not serious, but when some people are actually freaking out it becomes something else.
Alright y’all, my point still stands, but I think the pile on session should probably end. No need to hurt feelings unnecessarily. Lessons learned, moving on, no?I’m not even in the running here but came to see this guy get taken down a notch. Thank you, they deserved it. Best of luck to y’all on getting accepted 🙂
On my interview day, Dr. Yee said February 11-14th. This is a life changing decision. It is absolutely normal to have anxiety about it. We all cope with these situations differently. Let's all be kind to each other and support each other through this.
Last edited:
This thread is even more toxic than UCLA’s. I love it! 🍿
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
frayedreams
Full Member
as someone who hasn't interviewed at all i would be happy to call since i have no skin in the game
Damn you right...doctors should never show emotions fr fr 💯💯
My point was never about showing emotions or not.
It's simply about not letting your emotions getting the better of you. Especially when it's something you can't control.
Additionally, a doctor should actually show more emotional strength. How are you going to inspire confidence in your patients if they can sense that you're as stressed/overwhelmed as they are.
Again, I'm not against emotions. I'm in favor of emotions when they're productive or life affirming.
Pretty sure he meant Friday or MondaySo question on terminology - does this include the weekend? Or are we adjourning this anxiety session til Monday
dojacat2000
Full Member
Wow, you just developed a special place in many people's heartsas someone who hasn't interviewed at all i would be happy to call since i have no skin in the game
frayedreams
Full Member
we aren't doctors yet let us have this one😎My point was never about showing emotions or not.
It's simply about not letting your emotions getting the better of you. Especially when it's something you can't control.
Additionally, a doctor should actually show more emotional strength. How are you going to inspire confidence in your patients if they can sense that you're as stressed/overwhelmed as they are.
Again, I'm not against emotions. I'm in favor of emotions when they're productive or life affirming.
I hereby vote you as the winner of this thread. You have been officially accepted to the med school in my heart ❤️❤️❤️.as someone who hasn't interviewed at all i would be happy to call since i have no skin in the game
I’m probably not even gonna go to Duke but this thread is spicy, and dis Mexican likes spicy.
This is a point in the cycle when tensions run high. Be kind to each other.
Last edited:
frayedreams
Full Member
okay so i called twice and it went straight to voicemail both times, left a msg and sent an email I'll keep y'all posted if I hear anything
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
You’re an angel ❤️❤️❤️okay so i called twice and it went straight to voicemail both times, left a msg and sent an email I'll keep y'all posted if I hear anything
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
Why y'all so pressed that some of us are excited about decisions coming out? If I want to be excited today, and be disappointed later because nothing happened, that's on me. I'll wear my clown makeup with PRIDE.
It’s clown time
D
deleted1074206
Guess I’ll see y’all back here on Monday 😆
FutureDrMango
Full Member
You don’t think they’d call over the weekend right? 😂😂😂 just making sureGuess I’ll see y’all back here on Monday 😆
dojacat2000
Full Member
Its gonna be a beautiful Valentine's present. The only Valentine we needYou don’t think they’d call over the weekend right? 😂😂😂 just making sure
FutureDrMango
Full Member
From your lips to God’s ears! Have a good weekend everyone, and best of luck on Monday ☺️Its gonna be a beautiful Valentine's present. The only Valentine we need
I am currently out at a club but clearly my mind is preoccupied. My resting heart rate today (according to my Apple Watch) was 115 RIP me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Panic at the disco?I am currently out at a club but clearly my mind is preoccupied. My resting heart rate today (according to my Apple Watch) was 115 RIP me
No one has heard back MD/PhD yet, right? It seems like those decisions normally come a day or two before regular MD.Its gonna be a beautiful Valentine's present. The only Valentine we need
dojacat2000
Full Member
I don’t know if they are honestly directly coordinated because each has their own admissions process? But I honestly don’t know. 🙃No one has heard back MD/PhD yet, right? It seems like those decisions normally come a day or two before regular MD.
That's true. It may just be a coincidence in the last few cycles that they came out first.I don’t know if they are honestly directly coordinated because each has their own admissions process? But I honestly don’t know. 🙃
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K