2021-2022 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why do they have to be like this :(((

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think there are a lot more people lurking and willing to post than the regulars, so we’d know. At least by the end of the day
I hope so! I’m getting a feeling that we’ll hear back Friday 🥲

Reactions: 3 users
I've been waiting since September, it's honestly agonizing waiting for 5 months, legit almost half a year.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
I’d like to apologize to my internet provider who was promptly hung up on as soon as I realized it wasn’t Duke calling 😔✌🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I think there are a lot more people lurking and willing to post than the regulars, so we’d know. At least by the end of the day
I promise I’ll tell y’all if I get the call 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
1645104384575.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I don’t want to give away too much about how I know (for anonymity’s sake) but my connections at duke med told me that decision calls will be made tomorrow! Rest easy today

• Wow
Reactions: 27 users
So if they generally do calls for A's on Friday, do the emails for R / WL's go out on Friday too?
I'd rather not wallow in limbo over the weekend about an R vs a WL if my phone doesn't ring tomorrow...

Reactions: 1 users
So if they generally do calls for A's on Friday, do the emails for R / WL's go out on Friday too?
I'd rather not wallow in limbo over the weekend about an R vs a WL if my phone doesn't ring tomorrow...
I think last year they waited until the Monday to send out R/WLs unfortunately…

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t want to give away too much about how I know (for anonymity’s sake) but my connections at duke med told me that decision calls will be made tomorrow! Rest easy today
Tomorrow's the day!

excited finding nemo GIF

Fingers crossed this is the last day of our regularly scheduled programming! Sending happy starfish energy to everybody :) <3

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Good luck everyone! Regardless of the outcomes today/this weekend, you have worked incredibly hard to be in the position you are today and that says a lot. Do not feel discouraged, feel proud.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
i was not fortunate enough to secure an interview here but congrats to everyone who did. you should be extremely proud of yourself because it truly is a HUGE achievement! you are all winners :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
i was not fortunate enough to secure an interview here but congrats to everyone who did. you should be extremely proud of yourself because it truly is a HUGE achievement! you are all winners :)
Lol I am in the same boat. Didn't snag an II here but I feel invested for y'all just watching the thread. Good luck and godspeed today (if today is actually the day)

• Care
Reactions: 19 users
Accepted!!!!!

Edit: PCLT. Interviewed in November. I sent a thank you, but no update letter.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users
Just got the call!!! Accepted regular MD program :love:

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Just received the A to the regular MD program, interviewed in early October! Literally numb rn

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to everyone who got in. Time for us to overanalyze everything if you guys don't mind sharing: When did you interview? I wonder if they are going in order...

Why don't they just send an automatic email?
Calls are overly dramatic

Just got the A!!! Call was like 20 seconds lol. Interviews early December

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to everyone who got in. Time for us to overanalyze everything if you guys don't mind sharing: When did you interview? I wonder if they are going in order...
I interviewed earlier this month on their last interview day I think! So seems like they aren't going in order

Accepted 😭😭😭😭 got the call from Dr. Yee. Caller ID said “Duke University”. Mid december interviewee, last name early in the alphabet.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
For those accepted, is your last name towards the beginning of the alphabet?

Has anybody heard back MD/PhD ?

Edit: Never mind, I checked the MD/PhD threads and those calls went out Sunday...RIP oh well!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Told myself I wouldn’t check sdn today… I am on sdn today

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
Nothing quite like waiting for a call that might never come 😂

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users