You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Duke
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have a feeling they’re done 😢. Last year at least they did acceptances on the Friday and R/WL on the Monday. RIPso are they done giving out acceptances now? do they usually give them all out in one day? within hours?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already went through all 5 stages of grief and came to terms with the decision, back to denial and waiting for my phone to ring we goIiiiiinteresting
dojacat2000
Full Member
I think historically they have continued calls until like 7. Think about it, it is a lot of people to call.I already went through all 5 stages of grief and came to terms with the decision, back to denial and waiting for my phone to ring we go
TrackHime
Full Member
My bad 😭 I was hoping this would be good news for those still waiting! I too was not expecting such a late call so 🤞🏾I already went through all 5 stages of grief and came to terms with the decision, back to denial and waiting for my phone to ring we go
Mr. Scooty
Full Member
dont apologize, this last bit of hope is just what I needed 🥲🥲🥲🥲My bad 😭 I was hoping this would be good news for those still waiting! I too was not expecting such a late call so 🤞🏾
Thank you so much for posting! Genuinely am happy for you, you worked hard for this! I also hope other people continue to post if they get recent calls too. just trying to make light out of the situation hahaMy bad 😭 I was hoping this would be good news for those still waiting! I too was not expecting such a late call so 🤞🏾
lakerslover777
Full Member
was that your first call from a duke number? or had they called you earlier and called you back?My bad 😭 I was hoping this would be good news for those still waiting! I too was not expecting such a late call so 🤞🏾
dojacat2000
Full Member
Also even if I don’t get an acceptance, I am so proud of everyone who did. We all know the difficulties of this cycle, go out and celebrate!!! You earned it ❤️I think historically they have continued calls until like 7. Think about it, it is a lot of people to call.
Williamleo196
New Member
Could you disclose more of your status? paper published?btw, my portal has been updated with my decision already. not sure if this can only be seen after you receive a call, but worth a shot!
sorry, what do you mean by my status? i was accepted today and interviewed in October. If you have questions about my ECs you can PM me!Could you disclose more of your status? paper published?
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
I just got the official acceptance letter, 2:50 PST
+1 A, got it via email did not recieve any call
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lakerslover777
Full Member
also at 5:50pm et?+1 A, got it via email did not recieve any call
4:54 central, so 4 mins lateralso at 5:50pm et?
lakerslover777
Full Member
we'll get the email on mondayDo they notify those whose been rejected as well
honeydew_honey
Full Member
The post-II acceptance rate is listed as 41.2%. Does anyone know if this percentage includes acceptances off the waitlist, or is it just the original acceptances that were made today?
D
deleted555445
It includes both. That's why its delayed by a year, so it can include a full year's worth of data. Some rudimentary math between USNWR and MSAR data says 258 people were accepted today, 100-125 people will be waitlisted on Monday (or Tuesday given the holiday) of which 20 will eventually be accepted, and 291-316 people will be rejected on Mon/Tues.The post-II acceptance rate is listed as 41.2%. Does anyone know if this percentage includes acceptances off the waitlist, or is it just the original acceptances that were made today?
D
deleted1074206
Are the clinical clerkships P/F? On MSAR it says Honors-Pass-Fail
dojacat2000
Full Member
Does anyone know if they finished all calls yesterday? I know in previous years they’ve had them spill over to Monday, but I have no idea
Mr. Scooty
Full Member
I’m not sure… maybe we need one more starfish from Nemo on Monday/Tuesday 🥲🥲Does anyone know if they finished all calls yesterday? I know in previous years they’ve had them spill over to Monday, but I have no idea
TrackHime
Full Member
That was my first call.was that your first call from a duke number? or had they called you earlier and called you back?
TrackHime
Full Member
Can someone please explain these tool options/going through narrowing list of acceptances, because now I’m confused. We can only hold (3) acceptances by April 15th and can only select ONE plan to enroll by April 30th? Then AAMC opens the “commit to enroll” option on May 2nd, but the deadline to pick your final option is school dependent. Does that sound right? Because I thought we could hold 3 “plan to enrolls” all the way up to the commit deadline
D
deleted1074206
You can hold only 3 acceptances after April 15 and then you have to select plan to enroll at 1 school on April 30th, withdraw your other acceptances, but you can stay on as many waitlists as you want. Then schools have a Commit to enroll date (varies by school) where you have to withdraw from all waitlists and officially commit to the schoolCan someone please explain these tool options/going through narrowing list of acceptances, because now I’m confused. We can only hold (3) acceptances by April 15th and can only select ONE plan to enroll by April 30th? Then AAMC opens the “commit to enroll” option on May 2nd, but the deadline to pick your final option is school dependent. Does that sound right? Because I thought we could hold 3 “plan to enrolls” all the way up to the commit deadline
TrackHime
Full Member
Okay. See I was about to get myself in trouble 😭 I’ll just slowly start withdrawing my seats as we approach April 15th then. Thank you!!You can hold only 3 acceptances after April 15 and then you have to select plan to enroll at 1 school on April 30th, withdraw your other acceptances, but you can stay on as many waitlists as you want. Then schools have a Commit to enroll date (varies by school) where you have to withdraw from all waitlists and officially commit to the school
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
honeydew_honey
Full Member
Thank you so much!It includes both. That's why its delayed by a year, so it can include a full year's worth of data. Some rudimentary math between USNWR and MSAR data says 258 people were accepted today, 100-125 people will be waitlisted on Monday (or Tuesday given the holiday) of which 20 will eventually be accepted, and 291-316 people will be rejected on Mon/Tues.
Not to worry, you wouldn't have gotten in any trouble! When you go into the tool, next week or whenever, you'll see all of the schools where you hold an acceptance. You'll also see you can only select one PTE at a time. You can change it as often as you like, but only one at a time. After all, when you think about it, you can only "plan to enroll" at one school at a time! Sure, your "plans" can change, but how can you "plan to enroll" at more than one school? 🙂Okay. See I was about to get myself in trouble 😭 I’ll just slowly start withdrawing my seats as we approach April 15th then. Thank you!!
FutureDrMango
Full Member
Omg is this for real? Someone pls confirm bc I don’t wanna get my hopes up 😭😭😭 also congrats to everyone who was accepted!Does anyone know if they finished all calls yesterday? I know in previous years they’ve had them spill over to Monday, but I have no idea
D
deleted555445
This post from last year has some data that someone gathered. Its possible, but I'd say chances are low for any individual to get a call or email Monday.Omg is this for real? Someone pls confirm bc I don’t wanna get my hopes up 😭😭😭 also congrats to everyone who was accepted!
Edit to add: it doesn't look like any new A's were reported on Monday last year.
FutureDrMango
Full Member
I guess we’ll know either way on Monday. Fingers crossed but I won’t get my hopes up. Thank you for the info!! I appreciate itThis post from last year has some data that someone gathered. Its possible, but I'd say chances are low for any individual to get a call or email Monday.
Edit to add: it doesn't look like any new A's were reported on Monday last year.
Monday's a holiday, so if you're waiting for Monday, you might end up waiting for Tuesday. Unless the WL and R e-mail wave comes before then, in which case you'll also have your answer.I guess we’ll know either way on Monday. Fingers crossed but I won’t get my hopes up. Thank you for the info!! I appreciate it
D
deleted1074206
Anyone know if there is an accepted students fb group?
No idea. Following though!Anyone know if there is an accepted students fb group?
mango984627
New Member
I just emailed Admissions about this/anything else we might need to do to "hold our spot," so I can let you know what they say!Just to confirm, there’s no acceptance fee for us to pay? Just the enrollment deposit if we decide To commit by May 2nd?
Mr. Scooty
Full Member
Did anyone hear from duke today?
dojacat2000
Full Member
Did they email you?Waitlisted :/. OOS but Duke alumn and longtime NC resident, so this is definitely disappointing. Congrats to everyone who got in!
Yes. Email with a letter attachedDid they email you?
Waitlisted as well, interviewed back in November. No portal update, just an email with the attached letter
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lakerslover777
Full Member
WL +1 :/ does anyone know when movement could happen?
D
deleted1103863
Waitlisted as well :/ It's a pity, I do love the environment in Durham. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
WL today
Does anyone know how long the waitlist at Duke is? And if they admit ppl?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K