2021-2022 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received any interview invite lately ?
It’s been silence for me!! Complete mid-aug, IS ORM LM75

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s been silence for me!! Complete mid-aug, IS ORM LM75
Yea me too -- haven't heard anything from them since submitting my application in July--but my updated MCAT score didn't become available until September .

What does the following mean that you mentioned ( new here lol)
LM75
ORM
IS

and if you don't mind sharing is your MCAt above 505

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea me too -- haven't heard anything from them since submitting my application in July--but my updated MCAT score didn't become available until September .

LM75
ORM
IS

and if you don't mind sharing is your MCAt above 505
Also new here... I think LM is a score that people can compute based on MCAT and GPA. Over-Represented MInority, and In-State, maybe?

LM75
ORM
IS
LM is a LizzyM score which is based solely on your MCAT score and GPA. If you are interested in determining yours, you can just google "LizzyM score calculator" and it should be the first result

ORM means the person belongs to a racial/ethnic group which is "over-represented in medicine" (as opposed to URM which is "under-represented in medicine")

IS and OOS are used to specify residency, with IS being in state and OOS being out of state

hope this helps! 😊

Omg we have almost the same stats / info this is giving me hope
Congrats!!
Omg good luck <3 they seem to be scheduling out just a few weeks after you get an II so there are seems to be at least a few dates left at this point! Rooting for you stat buddy.

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 8/7/2021 and haven't heard anything yet. Is this just a soft R or do you think they haven't reviewed my file yet? From what I understand, they wait until the end of the cycle to send rejections--is that correct?

Reactions: 3 users
Complete 8/7/2021 and haven't heard anything yet. Is this just a soft R or do you think they haven't reviewed my file yet? From what I understand, they wait until the end of the cycle to send rejections--is that correct?
Same I haven’t heard anything back—and yea they send all of their decisions at the same time towards end of February but you may still get an Interview invite in January (low probability but still possible ) and that hint of possibility is enough for me lol

What are you stats

Reactions: 3 users
Same I haven’t heard anything back—and yea they send all of their decisions at the same time towards end of February but you may still get an Interview invite in January (low probability but still possible ) and that hint of possibility is enough for me lol

What are you stats
Nothing too special (see signature), I'm honestly just surprised I haven't received a pre-II R already lol

II received today!! SO incredibly excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete date?
8/2! It looks like they're scheduling for the week of January 3rd right now, so I think theres definitely some hope for more IIs to be sent out before they're done with their cycle :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Welp, this has been my only II so far this cycle… fingers are crossed until February

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
II!!!! I glanced down at my phone in the movie theater and I ran out crying. I’m beyond happy

• Love
Does anyone know if this school is receptive to pre-II updates/letters of interest? Would it help my app at all or am I just wasting my time

Does anyone know if this school is receptive to pre-II updates/letters of interest? Would it help my app at all or am I just wasting my time
They have a place in the portal to upload updates related to research. Not sure if they're interested in other kinds of updates/interest.

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 2.33.40 AM.png

It looks like they are only receptive to certain types of updates

II!!!! I glanced down at my phone in the movie theater and I ran out crying. I’m beyond happy
Update: I actually got an email on Wednesday but it was in my junk mail!!!!!!! I just now found it. I only saw the email on Thursday from one of the deans asking if the interview dates worked for me (seeing this before seeing an email about getting an interview made me think I was getting pranked lmao, I had to reread like 5 times before I believed it)

• Wow
For people who had interviewed for MSTP, did the committee mention if they are still sending out II?

Complete late July, and the only available slot was early January

Just received an invitation to interview today! Really truly shocked because I assumed it was "too late" for schools to be interviewing. I applied to the PCLT program but there was no indication about whether they're considering me for it or not in the email, so I guess we'll see! I was complete around 9/15.

Reactions: 9 users
Just received an invitation to interview today! Really truly shocked because I assumed it was "too late" for schools to be interviewing. I applied to the PCLT program but there was no indication about whether they're considering me for it or not in the email, so I guess we'll see! I was complete around 9/15.
Congrats! How far are they scheduling out?

Interview invite today! I was not expecting this, but I'm hyped! LM 71 and complete mid-August. No available interview times at the moment, but it says to check back later to schedule it.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got a very unexpected II today! LM 72 and complete late-September. When I logged into the portal this morning I saw no dates but the admissions office called me to schedule my interview just now (~6:30pm EST). Scheduled for Jan 18th!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got a call from the PCLT coordinator (I think) at Duke and there seems to be some technical difficulty getting me signed up for the Jan 19 interview slot (apparently the final PCLT slot, and there's 3 of us interviewing?). So if you still can't sign up after a day or two, I would email the office.

When Duke sends you interview invitation does it also show on your portal --or will your portal remain unchanged ?

Also received a phone call to schedule my interview. I’m in the group for Tuesday the 18th .

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone shed some light on Duke’s vMMI format? They say it’s 2 hours and 45 minutes long and I’m just wondering HOWWW? I’ve done MMI’s with other schools and the longest was 7-8 stations for an hour and a half…

Anyone know how long they continue to send out interviews? Is it until early February?

Anyone know how long they continue to send out interviews? Is it until early February?
There was a podcast linked earlier in this thread (Admissions Talk, episode “Deep Dive Into Duke Medical: …”) where the associate dean of admissions says that they have been known to interview into February. Final decisions were made the last week of February last cycle, so after that they are done it seems

Reactions: 4 users
The last II I saw on sdn last year was in the first week of February, so holding hope, but they also may have extended their interview season by a bit last year

The last II I saw on sdn last year was in the first week of February, so holding hope, but they also may have extended their interview season by a bit last year
admissions said that they are hoping to release all decisions sometime between 2/10 and 2/14 this year

edit with more specifics: one admissions person said they were aiming for the week of 2/14, then Yee said aiming for the 10th / hopefully before the 14th

Last edited:
  • Wow
on Sunday they said that there are only 10 more interview days, they may add more but it didn't seem like it

Reactions: 2 users
admissions said that they are hoping to release all decisions sometime between 2/10 and 2/14 this year
Would this suggest that the final interviews are being held end of January (so they can have decisions ready first/second week of Feb) and that they are probably done sending invites?

For people who had interviewed for MSTP, did the committee mention if they are still sending out II?
Emailed today and MSTP interviews are still being offered for the remaining January dates

So given the last wave of R's last year was 2/26 with the last interview I saw being 2/11 on sdn.... this probably means that this year the last interview is probably in the last week of Jan or first week of Feb... so my guess is the last II would probably the 3rd week of Jan. I could be totally wrong though.

Emailed today and MSTP interviews are still being offered for the remaining January dates
Thank you so much for doing that and sharing the information. Fingers crossed!

• Care
Would this suggest that the final interviews are being held end of January (so they can have decisions ready first/second week of Feb) and that they are probably done sending invites?
I have absolutely no idea and I don't want to speculate and cause any unnecessary panic