You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Duke
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!!II, 7/27, OOS!
How far are they booking out if you don’t mind my asking
thank you! the only interview dates were literally for next week! so not very far in advance at all.Congrats!!
How far are they booking out if you don’t mind my asking
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!thank you! the only interview dates were literally for next week! so not very far in advance at all.
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
OMGGGGG I GOT AN II! Complete 9/24
Congrats!!OMGGGGG I GOT AN II! Complete 9/24
Do you know how far out they are scheduling so far?
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
1.5 weeks away!Congrats!!
Do you know how far out they are scheduling so far?
D
deleted1074206
I have, feel free to message meII received yesterday as well 🙂 OOS complete mid/late August!
Anyone who has interviewed at Duke this year who wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me? Tysm!!! <3
dapancake
Full Member
Just dm'd you! 😀I have, feel free to message me
NormalUsername42
Full Member
II received! Complete July 31.
Same hereI was complete 7-21-2021 and still no feedback--should I be worried does this mean Rejected ?
Congrats! When were you complete?II! Info in signature
There weren't any dates available 😳😱 Does anyone know how long it usually takes for new dates to be posted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!!! I didn't get/can't find a complete email, but I'm guessing between 9/1 and 9/5Congrats! When were you complete?
April-Cancer
Full Member
+1 complete 7/22 for me and no newsI was complete 7-21-2021 and still no feedback--should I be worried does this mean Rejected ?
D
deleted965595
Any recent IIs for non-URM, regular MD applicants with complete date in August?
gogomed0000
Full Member
Same here
I wouldn't say so? I don't have an II here but I was complete within a day or two for most schools and have still gotten a couple IIs mid-October. I think it's because they don't necessarily go in order of completion date?I was complete 7-21-2021 and still no feedback--should I be worried does this mean Rejected ?
Omg, II received just now. Complete around mid Aug
How far out are they scheduling?Omg, II received just now. Complete around mid Aug
I don’t have my computer at work, but when I get home, I’ll let you all know.How far out are they scheduling?
Seeing how their supplemental isn't due until Nov and their website states they interview until early Jan. I expect most dates to be around December now. I'm actually going to submit my secondary next week. Probably late but better than never. Way I see it is, if it's meant to be then it's meant to be.I don’t have my computer at work, but when I get home, I’ll let you all know.
Just got home. No interview slots available. Will check daily and let you all know.
honeydew_honey
Full Member
I received an II on Thursday evening, and still haven't been able to schedule. Has anyone scheduled in that timeframe (Thursday-Monday), or know when new interview slots are released? I thought the agony was over (or at least substantially reduced) after getting an II, but NO!!
Same deal. Unable to schedule. I have been checking daily for interview slotsI received an II on Thursday evening, and still haven't been able to schedule. Has anyone scheduled in that timeframe (Thursday-Monday), or know when new interview slots are released? I thought the agony was over (or at least substantially reduced) after getting an II, but NO!!
honeydew_honey
Full Member
Just scheduled for 11/17! (Only option listed)Same deal. Unable to schedule. I have been checking daily for interview slots
+1Just scheduled for 11/17! (Only option listed)
honeydew_honey
Full Member
I'm sure everyone eventually gets an interview session, they're just not always available right away so you have to keep checking the portal. If you're invited though, I'm sure they'll make sure you get a slot!can someone explain the interview invite please. So even though one may receive an invite it doesn't mean you'll get a date? or how does it work? no guarantees?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it says somewhere on the portal that they add more interview times over time. I guess they continually organize times that work for faculty that will participatecan someone explain the interview invite please. So even though one may receive an invite it doesn't mean you'll get a date? or how does it work? no guarantees?
Today?I've submitted the secondary. 😀
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
No, yesterday 😉Today?
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Felt like 2+8 minutes then 3 minutes or less in the waiting area. Either way, the way it went, you would not feel the difference between 7 or 8 minutes. It was actually a super nice, low stress interview day!Can anyone who's already interviewed confirm that the stations are 2+7 minutes or 2+8 minutes? There are two documents they provide that have conflicting information, and I think someone on last year's thread said it was 7 minutes of discussion...
No, yesterday 😉
Yup, yesterday. I believe in the heart of the cards. 🙏🏽Today?
theirs a place in the portal to upload additional documentsDoes Duke accept updates pre-ii? Anyone know the best way to send them if so? TY!
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
II today! OOS, ORM
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
For those who have interviewed here, can you confirm if it was actually low-stress? 😳 😳
Same, I keep hearing mixed takes...For those who have interviewed here, can you confirm if it was actually low-stress? 😳 😳
Inbutanxious
Full Member
It seems like their IIs are all over the place...still waiting to hear potentially. Completed end of August.
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Same, I keep hearing mixed takes...
I mean, n=1 here, but I really did think it was low stress. The admins in the call with us when I interviewed were all really nice and were having a good time themselves, the majority of the raters were really great (there were a couple I didn’t mesh perfectly with but that’s going to happen to everyone), and I actually sincerely enjoyed my time there.For those who have interviewed here, can you confirm if it was actually low-stress? 😳 😳
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, this was my most high-stress interview out of 18 so far... They tried to make it low stress during breaks, but even with that, I would not say low-stress. I think the answers to this question will be highly variable.For those who have interviewed here, can you confirm if it was actually low-stress? 😳 😳
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
I saw in past threads that there are quite a few stress stations. Seems like I’ll have to gear up for thatyeah, this was my most high-stress interview out of 18 so far... They tried to make it low stress during breaks, but even with that, I would not say low-stress. I think the answers to this question will be highly variable.
I also think Duke being one of my top choices, of course, played a huge role in the level of stress I felt. Plus I am not a fan of MMIs. There are so many factors that can affect your experience.I saw in past threads that there are quite a few stress stations. Seems like I’ll have to gear up for that
D
deleted1074206
It was probably one of my higher stress interviews
D
deleted965595
Higher stress how though? Logistics are clunky? Or Qs are difficult? Or interviewers are cold/unfriendly/contrary?It was probably one of my higher stress interviews
(Look at me all curious, and I don't even have an II here! LOL)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K