2021-2022 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you submit your application?
mid July, I already had the regular interview. Got the PCLT interview a few days after the regular interview

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II received yesterday as well :) OOS complete mid/late August!

Anyone who has interviewed at Duke this year who wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me? Tysm!!! <3

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II received yesterday as well :) OOS complete mid/late August!

Anyone who has interviewed at Duke this year who wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me? Tysm!!! <3
I have, feel free to message me

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I was complete 7-21-2021 and still no feedback--should I be worried does this mean Rejected ?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! Info in signature

There weren't any dates available :oops::eek: Does anyone know how long it usually takes for new dates to be posted?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Any recent IIs for non-URM, regular MD applicants with complete date in August?

Reactions: 1 user
Same here
I was complete 7-21-2021 and still no feedback--should I be worried does this mean Rejected ?
I wouldn't say so? I don't have an II here but I was complete within a day or two for most schools and have still gotten a couple IIs mid-October. I think it's because they don't necessarily go in order of completion date?

I don’t have my computer at work, but when I get home, I’ll let you all know.
Seeing how their supplemental isn't due until Nov and their website states they interview until early Jan. I expect most dates to be around December now. I'm actually going to submit my secondary next week. Probably late but better than never. Way I see it is, if it's meant to be then it's meant to be.

Just got home. No interview slots available. Will check daily and let you all know.

I received an II on Thursday evening, and still haven't been able to schedule. Has anyone scheduled in that timeframe (Thursday-Monday), or know when new interview slots are released? I thought the agony was over (or at least substantially reduced) after getting an II, but NO!!

I received an II on Thursday evening, and still haven't been able to schedule. Has anyone scheduled in that timeframe (Thursday-Monday), or know when new interview slots are released? I thought the agony was over (or at least substantially reduced) after getting an II, but NO!!
Same deal. Unable to schedule. I have been checking daily for interview slots

can someone explain the interview invite please. So even though one may receive an invite it doesn't mean you'll get a date? or how does it work? no guarantees?

can someone explain the interview invite please. So even though one may receive an invite it doesn't mean you'll get a date? or how does it work? no guarantees?
I'm sure everyone eventually gets an interview session, they're just not always available right away so you have to keep checking the portal. If you're invited though, I'm sure they'll make sure you get a slot!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I think it says somewhere on the portal that they add more interview times over time. I guess they continually organize times that work for faculty that will participate

Can anyone who's already interviewed confirm that the stations are 2+7 minutes or 2+8 minutes? There are two documents they provide that have conflicting information, and I think someone on last year's thread said it was 7 minutes of discussion...

I've submitted the secondary. :D

Reactions: 7 users
Can anyone who's already interviewed confirm that the stations are 2+7 minutes or 2+8 minutes? There are two documents they provide that have conflicting information, and I think someone on last year's thread said it was 7 minutes of discussion...
Felt like 2+8 minutes then 3 minutes or less in the waiting area. Either way, the way it went, you would not feel the difference between 7 or 8 minutes. It was actually a super nice, low stress interview day!

• Love
Has anyone received any interview invites from Duke this week ?

Does Duke accept updates pre-ii? Anyone know the best way to send them if so? TY!

For those who have interviewed here, can you confirm if it was actually low-stress? :oops: :oops:

It seems like their IIs are all over the place...still waiting to hear potentially. Completed end of August.

Reactions: 7 users
Same, I keep hearing mixed takes...
For those who have interviewed here, can you confirm if it was actually low-stress? :oops: :oops:
I mean, n=1 here, but I really did think it was low stress. The admins in the call with us when I interviewed were all really nice and were having a good time themselves, the majority of the raters were really great (there were a couple I didn’t mesh perfectly with but that’s going to happen to everyone), and I actually sincerely enjoyed my time there.

Last edited:
yeah, this was my most high-stress interview out of 18 so far... They tried to make it low stress during breaks, but even with that, I would not say low-stress. I think the answers to this question will be highly variable.

yeah, this was my most high-stress interview out of 18 so far... They tried to make it low stress during breaks, but even with that, I would not say low-stress. I think the answers to this question will be highly variable.
I saw in past threads that there are quite a few stress stations. Seems like I’ll have to gear up for that

I saw in past threads that there are quite a few stress stations. Seems like I’ll have to gear up for that
I also think Duke being one of my top choices, of course, played a huge role in the level of stress I felt. Plus I am not a fan of MMIs. There are so many factors that can affect your experience.

It was probably one of my higher stress interviews