2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting list :( Would love to go to this place - was there a lot of waiting list movement last year? Also does everyone who interviews get on the waiting list if not accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Got waitlisted too. Really enjoyed the interview day and would love to go to VCOM so hoping for some good news.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Got waitlisted too. Really enjoyed the interview day and would love to go to VCOM so hoping for some good news.
Waiting list :( Would love to go to this place - was there a lot of waiting list movement last year? Also does everyone who interviews get on the waiting list if not accepted?
When did you guys interview? I am still waiting on a decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry about the WL, guys! You've got this, though. I am from Spartanburg, and I know the waitlist starts moving around this time each year.
Did you get an A/did you interview recently too? I hope you’re right!

Congrats!!! What was your status in the portal if you don't mind me asking? Also, was it over phone or email?
Thank you! My status was at screen review prior to getting a call with the II

Members don't see this ad :)
chances of getting off the waitlist is how much

Anyone know best place to search for a roommate?
There's a class GroupMe linked into the accepted students Facebook group that you could use to get to know people and potentially find one.

Just withdrew my acceptance here hope it goes to one of you! goodluck !

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my primary in June and they never even sent me a secondary. They just rejected me now.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my primary in June and they never even sent me a secondary. They just rejected me now.
I’m still waiting on an interview but I guess can always get rejected at any moment

Do you guys think sending a letter of interest is a smart idea ?

Do you guys think sending a letter of interest is a smart idea ?
To be completely honest, a ton of students send these in and they are highly unlikely to change the outcome of the admissions committee at any medical school. It can't hurt, but just know that it will not seriously improve your application.

Your interest is already indicated (hopefully?) with your application.

Got 2 DO interviews in the last week. Don't lose hope people! Already got in somewhere a few months ago and I feel like the interviews I'm getting now are for waitlists.

Congrats thats amazing. Do you mind sharing your stats ?

Sure, DM me!

Received an offer of admission today! So happy about this. To those still waiting for a decision- hang in there guys!

• Love
Pretty surprised but I just received an II here. There is still hope for you all: I was complete way back in September!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview invite via phone call! They called initially called Friday but I missed it.

• Love
Just got an interview invite via phone call! They called initially called Friday but I missed it.
Congrats! When were you complete?

Last edited:
Can any current students comment how safe or unsafe they feel living in the Spartanburg area, best places to live? Thank you!

Can any current students comment how safe or unsafe they feel living in the Spartanburg area, best places to live? Thank you!
Spartanburg is a city just like any other in terms of crime - of course it's present. But, I have never heard of any VCOM student or faculty member complain of crazy issues in Spartanburg. I feel 100% safe living here.

Some of the popular places students live are: Drayton Mills, Montgomery Building, Aug Smith on Main, and Bon Haven Apartments. A new one coming next year is The Charles Apartments, so I cannot speak on how it is, but it looks really nice. I don't think you can go wrong. I know people that live at each of these locations and most of everyone has had a good experience so far. Some of our classmates live in rental houses in the area or town homes, too. I would also recommend having a roommate or two and living close to downtown/the school. It makes it so so so much easier to make new friends and stay motivated when times get tough. Also, the admissions department will send you more information at some point about which locations they recommend living. Hope this helps!

Spartanburg is a city just like any other in terms of crime - of course it's present. But, I have never heard of any VCOM student or faculty member complain of crazy issues in Spartanburg. I feel 100% safe living here.

Some of the popular places students live are: Drayton Mills, Montgomery Building, Aug Smith on Main, and Bon Haven Apartments. A new one coming next year is The Charles Apartments, so I cannot speak on how it is, but it looks really nice. I don't think you can go wrong. I know people that live at each of these locations and most of everyone has had a good experience so far. Some of our classmates live in rental houses in the area or town homes, too. I would also recommend having a roommate or two and living close to downtown/the school. It makes it so so so much easier to make new friends and stay motivated when times get tough. Also, the admissions department will send you more information at some point about which locations they recommend living. Hope this helps!
Thank you!!

Hi all! My secondary was complete on 3/2, and I just received an II on 4/14. Does anyone know if the they are still giving out acceptances or if they do deferred acceptances? Also if any of y'all have already had an interview with them, any tips, comments, or advice would be greatly appreciated!

There are 3 one-on-one open-file interviews, back to back to back, lasting about 25-30 minutes each. Be ready to answer why DO and why VCOM-Carolina. There were some specific questions about things I put in my primary or secondary application, so glance at your written responses, especially if you haven't seen them in a while. It was a welcoming experience. The interviews were as conversational as an interview could be. Good luck!

There are 3 one-on-one open-file interviews, back to back to back, lasting about 25-30 minutes each. Be ready to answer why DO and why VCOM-Carolina. There were some specific questions about things I put in my primary or secondary application, so glance at your written responses, especially if you haven't seen them in a while. It was a welcoming experience. The interviews were as conversational as an interview could be. Good luck!
Thank you so much!!

Hey guys! Just wanted to see if anyone was waitlisted in December or if there will be any movement soon? Thank you!