You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Hofstra (Zucker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thank you for letting us know!!first batch of acceptances coming "before the holidays", from the interview today
beepbeep197
Full Member
Did they say if non-A decisions will come out at the same time? Or do they only send out Rs and WLs in Spring?first batch of acceptances coming "before the holidays", from the interview today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1111654
From looking at last years thread non-As trickled following AsDid they say if non-A decisions will come out at the same time? Or do they only send out Rs and WLs in Spring?
snakemuffin
Full Member
I am planning to send a post-ii update letter. For those that have done this, have you just uploaded it to the section on the portal? Or did you also send an email stating you've submitted an update? Thanks.
On my interview day, they told us to upload letters on the portal. They didn't specifically address your question but I got the sense they wanted us to only use the portal.I am planning to send a post-ii update letter. For those that have done this, have you just uploaded it to the section on the portal? Or did you also send an email stating you've submitted an update? Thanks.
snakemuffin
Full Member
Do you think its worth sending an update now? With decisions potentially coming up in 1-2 weeks, I wonder if perhaps I should save an update letter with some recent accomplishments for if I get waitlisted. What do y'all think is the move? I'm thinking maybe theyve already made their decisions.
I was thinking of sending the update letter but feel like by now they probably already made a decision.Do you think its worth sending an update now? With decisions potentially coming up in 1-2 weeks, I wonder if perhaps I should save an update letter with some recent accomplishments for if I get waitlisted. What do y'all think is the move? I'm thinking maybe theyve already made their decisions.
D
deleted1114996
Are decisions dependent on when you interviewed? Like I interviewed on 12/3, would I hear back in a few weeks or are they reviewing appllicants chronologically based on interview dates
This is entirely a guess but I would assume they'll let out admissions decisions in batches like the other rolling schools. So the earlier interview dates will probably hear back this month and the others will hear back at another time? Ik during the September dates we were told we'd hear back in December. I would just email to clarify if i were u!Are decisions dependent on when you interviewed? Like I interviewed on 12/3, would I hear back in a few weeks or are they reviewing appllicants chronologically based on interview dates
I interviewed the same week as you and they mentioned their first decisions would start right before the holidays, so I'd assume there's still a chance for us to hear back then; however, according to last year's thread the first decisions for people who interviewed in late Nov/early Dec weren't released until January.Are decisions dependent on when you interviewed? Like I interviewed on 12/3, would I hear back in a few weeks or are they reviewing appllicants chronologically based on interview dates
According to a current student from last year's thread "they [Hofstra] release decisions in batches that may or may not include everyone from a given interview day (although they generally try to do so)." So chronology does matter but isn't absolute.
Complete 8/4 and haven't heard anything yet, hope it's not gonna be a pre-II R 🙁
same, pray for us y'all 😩🤞Complete 8/4 and haven't heard anything yet, hope it's not gonna be a pre-II R 🙁
Yea, their first decisions seem to be released on Thursdays. So most likely tomorrow!Soooo, not to trigger a flurry of neuroticism, but ZSOM has break starting Saturday. We thinking some decisions might go out in the next few days? That would be consistent with years past... 😵😳😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My bad if this was answered before but do yall know if A's are by phone or email ?
not looking forward to this R 🥲
Stapppp you don't know that, positive vibes only!!not looking forward to this R 🥲
D
deleted1111654
no no nonot looking forward to this R 🥲
snakemuffin
Full Member
Stressed.
beepbeep197
Full Member
Eeeek. I feel you. Sending you all positive vibes. My stress-eat food today is pierogis. You can't go wrong with pierogis.Stressed.
atryingpremed
Full Member
relax, relax, its all good in the neighborhoodStressed.
just got the A!! came via email about an hour ago
snakemuffin
Full Member
Interview date? Congrats!just got the A!! came via email about an hour ago
thank you!! late september!Interview date? Congrats!
zen_artist
Full Member
A!! Just saw the email! Interviewed 10/29!
D
deleted1111654
oof nada for me 😢 (edit: 9/14 interview)
beepbeep197
Full Member
same. interviewed 9/23. maybe more will come out during the day, or we'll hear back later in the cycle!oof nada for me 😢 (edit: 9/14 interview)
zen_artist
Full Member
they historically don't send every decision at once, they'll prob trickle in over a couple of days. rooting for you!!oof nada for me 😢 (edit: 9/14 interview)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
Thanks for the reassurance 😀 we just want to be in the same class as a cool kid such as yourselfthey historically don't send every decision at once, they'll prob trickle in over a couple of days. rooting for you!!
lieseldiesel
Full Member
Accepted! Interviewed 10/6.
Raj Nar
Full Member
Hey, can all who got accepted please state the time of their acceptance email?Accepted! Interviewed 10/6.
Raj Nar
Full Member
What was the exact time you received the email?Accepted just now! ....the email was kind of confusing though
Accepted! Interviewed early November
Nov 5thCongrats! Can you tell us what exact date in November please?
saintbernard95
Full Member
Accepted at 11:30am. Interviewed 9/17
beepbeep197
Full Member
JUST got the A 3 minutes ago. Clearly it is not all at the same time. Interviewed 9/23 😀
lieseldiesel
Full Member
11:20AM ESTHey, can all who got accepted please state the time of their acceptance email?
beepbeep197
Full Member
11:35 EasternAnybody mind sharing the exact times they received their acceptance email?
SunscreenPacker
New Member
Just got the A at 11:42 AM! Interviewed on 11/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got the A!!!!! interviewed 11/12!!
atryingpremed
Full Member
lets go my guy, congratulations!11:35 Eastern
Congrats! So 11/12 interviewees were considered for this round of decisions.
I guess I didn't make the cut 🙁
There is still time today to hear back!!
atryingpremed
Full Member
Keep your head up! it looks like they are sending them sporadically.
Congrats! So 11/12 interviewees were considered for this round of decisions.
I guess I didn't make the cut
Raj Nar
Full Member
What time exactly?got the A!!!!! interviewed 11/12!!