You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Hofstra (Zucker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-II R, Complete idk when, sometime in August probably. LM 73. OOS.
noodlechicken1
Full Member
Pre II R complete mid July. Good luck friends!
D
deleted1111654
Just in case you even thought 😤😤I just received a rejection. I'm confused because I did not apply here?? I double-checked my AMCAS application and everything
they said oh no no no girl, don't even think about itJust in case you even thought 😤😤
Fano
Pre-Mad
You just discovered a new category: Pre-App RI just received a rejection. I'm confused because I did not apply here?? I double-checked my AMCAS application and everything
+1Just got zucked. Big R.
clairevoyance
Admitted - MD
Just got a pre-II R! OOS, no ties!
Pre-II R. Bye, Hofstra!
Last edited:
what time did you receive the R?Pre-II R. Bye, Hostra!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yuckyorgans
Full Member
RIP 🙁 Pre-II R. Complete 7/28. LM 69.
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
Pre-11 R. +1 for getting Zucked
orangeastronaut
New Member
atryingpremed
Full Member
I would assume that your interview date (as well as mine unfortunately) were included in the Acceptance batch that they did yesterday, it seems like it was an all inclusive batch and our dates fall squarely in the middle of the reported interview dates for which accepted candidates interviewed.Anybody who interviewed on 10/04 hear back yet? Just confused bc acceptances were sent out by didn't see any posts from my interview date.
beepbeep197
Full Member
Did any accepted students get an email from Dr. Willey today? I am wondering if this was a mass email or something that I should reply to.
I didn't. I got an email from the diversity office thoughDid any accepted students get an email from Dr. Willey today? I am wondering if this was a mass email or something that I should reply to.
beepbeep197
Full Member
Oh okay! I'm thinking it's because she was one of my interviewers. I did not get a diversity email 😩 Ig I am not diverse enough for HofstraI didn't. I got an email from the diversity office though
Yesterday’s rejections were all pre-II. They usually send WL/post-ii R’s around mid Jan for early interviewsSo based on past years, if you were an early interview and weren't rejected yesterday, we'll likely receive a waitlist decision in spring?
yep complete 7/21complete 8/31 and silence. Anyone else?
Pre-II R. Bye, Hofstra
212kindofgal
Full Member
Why are adcoms so obsessed with people having X factors or some extraordinary ECs when literally no patient will ever care what you did prior to med school? The real predictor of med school success or the fact that you will become a compassionate physician isnt these clinical hours or some international medical missions or even volunteership. It blows my mind that other countries are capable of producing fine physicians without all the hoops we have to go through as premeds here in the US but here we are….
They're obsessed as a consequence of some organization or law decided there's only going to be a handful of residency spots. Therefore, accepting vast amounts of qualified premeds is going to leave them crippled by medical school debt because there is going to be way more medical students than there are residency spots.Why are adcoms so obsessed with people having X factors or some extraordinary ECs when literally no patient will ever care what you did prior to med school? The real predictor of med school success or the fact that you will become a compassionate physician isnt these clinical hours or some international medical missions or even volunteership. It blows my mind that other countries are capable of producing fine physicians without all the hoops we have to go through as premeds here in the US but here we are….
Other countries pay physicians peanuts and arguably have better (imo)healthcare systems. High physician salaries in US are not going to be a thing if there is a ton of physicians. Personally I don't care if physician salaries drop a ton as long as the education cost plummets as well. Kind of like college tuition skyrocketed when schools realized they could charge obscene amounts because the government or private loans are pretty loose with lending insane amounts.
A three day visit or one day visit in a hospital in the US could cost hundred thousand dollars, good insurance may cover a ton of that but that's just broken for a huge portion of the population.
EMT who worked in non emergency transport. Let’s say a patient has kidney failure and can’t get out of bed. We would take them to their dialysis treatment. A ONE way trip is between 1200-1400. Keep in mind that dialysis patients go three times a week. So, their life saving medical care costs around $7,200- $8,400 A WEEK. just to get there. The cost of the treatment is much higher.
Just for your knowledge: in the almost all US Hospitals are a for profit. As in, they have to turn a profit. (There are some outliers) Most have a CEO and they are ran like businesses.
Hospitals choose their own pricing. Because they are able to turn a profit this way with insurance companies. (No regulation).
Insurance companies are able to make medical decisions. As in, if your doctor says you need a life saving surgery. The insurance company will deny it. Saying you need a different service instead. (Which is not the case because the doctor said otherwise. You know an MD. Not just some dude with no medical knowledge). All in the name of profit. (No regulation)
The issue we have is profit before people. And the Drs and Nurses will treat anyone even if it becomes free because the patient did not give any information/are completely homeless. (This is actually calculated in the hospitals costs, this is kind of cool to me.)
Last edited:
fortnite_king
Full Member
I haven't but I'm hoping they just haven't released decisions for that date yetDid the people that interviewed on 11.15 hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DogeCoinToDaMoon
Full Member
what date is everyone thinking ab going for in person tour?!
beepbeep197
Full Member
When I signed up on Thursday, 1/14 was already full. So I'd recommend signing up now cos seats are limited to 20 per day.what date is everyone thinking ab going for in person tour?!
SunscreenPacker
New Member
Does anyone know if family are allowed to attend the in person tour? The sign up doesn't say anything about guests
beepbeep197
Full Member
I just emailed them with this question! Just so you all know the COVID situation on Long Island is really bad right now (Long Island native here) so I would not be surprised if the programming is limited just to students, or if things get canceled. I will post any info I get here 😀Does anyone know if family are allowed to attend the in person tour? The sign up doesn't say anything about guests
beepbeep197
Full Member
Update, they said no guests are allowed to attend 🙁Does anyone know if family are allowed to attend the in person tour? The sign up doesn't say anything about guests
Are there some monthly Q&A sessions open for all students invited to interview?
Second, are there any current MD-PhD students or MD students I could chat with?
Thirdly, is it possible to get accepted MD and not MDPHD?
Second, are there any current MD-PhD students or MD students I could chat with?
Thirdly, is it possible to get accepted MD and not MDPHD?
Last edited:
Students who volunteer to send welcome emails get a list of accepted students they're supposed to reach out to, so that student probably hasn't done it yet (or missed the email).Do all accepted students get an email from an existing student at Hofstra med? I got the email but my friend did not so I was wondering if my friend should contact admissions.
D
deleted1111654
No- at this point if we haven’t heard back it’s likely an R or waitlist.Anyone who interviewed in September hear back yet????
ilovesammy
New Member
Anyone else from this interview day hear back?Just got the A at 11:42 AM! Interviewed on 11/8
Wow, didn’t even know an R wave happened here a few weeks ago. Guess I survived. Forgot I applied here. Withdrawn. Good luck to the other survivors I guess.
Historically, and correct me if I am wrong, historic SDN information shows that from here on out it is a waiting game until the waitlist decisions are released.When are we thinking the next wave of As will be?
Edit: unless you've interviewed very recently
Edit: Im just wrong
Last edited:
dang seriously? no more A waves?Historically, and correct me if I am wrong, historic SDN information shows that from here on out it is a waiting game until the waitlist decisions are released.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 or 4 interview dates that haven't heard back yet, so that should be sometime soon I think?Historically, and correct me if I am wrong, historic SDN information shows that from here on out it is a waiting game until the waitlist decisions are released.
capybarANON
Full Member
Got the A!! My first! Interviewed 11-15
Wow congrats! Did you hear back today?Got the A!! My first! Interviewed 11-15