2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! Hmm I don't seem to see it in the initial email, is there another email they send?
Congratulations! There are two emails. Mine were sent almost simultaneously, but the second email gives you instructions on how to make your campus preference selection and has the FB link.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still waiting on a decision that was supposed to come out last month?

Reactions: 1 user
got the A as well after DD 10/22 I believe. DD seems like its more of just a timing mechanism this year, which mirrors what was said on interview day.

side note, do we know when campus assignments are finalized?

• Love
got the A as well after DD 10/22 I believe. DD seems like its more of just a timing mechanism this year, which mirrors what was said on interview day.

side note, do we know when campus assignments are finalized?
pretty sure its sometime in march

DD today. Any insight on the realistic chances of getting in? This is my #1 school and I would love to attend.

I also recveived DD on 10/22 and haven’t heard back today :/

• Care
DD today. Any insight on the realistic chances of getting in? This is my #1 school and I would love to attend.
Also DD today. I just went through the entire thread and seems like a lot of people got DD this cycle with more than half of them coming off after a month or two. Given UICOM accept around 80% post interview, if they accept 60% of interviewee right away and 40% to DD, 50% people on DD should be able to get off. and of course, this is just a wild prediction based on absolutely nothing.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else's secondary portal not letting them log in?
It’s working fine for me now, but earlier in the cycle I had issues and the admissions office told me to clear my cookies. That worked for a bit and I ended up switching from Chrome to Firefox and back to Chrome. Try a cookie clear or another browser.

If I've been accepted is it worth applying to a co-curricular program that I'm interested in still? Does anyone know how many spots are filled roughly? I saw they've been interviewing for those for a minute now

Hi- I received an interview invite for IMED and responded to the email to accept the invitation, but they haven't got back to me. Anyone who interviewed for the cocurricular programs know how they arrange the interviews?

Hi- I received an interview invite for IMED and responded to the email to accept the invitation, but they haven't got back to me. Anyone who interviewed for the cocurricular programs know how they arrange the interviews?
For UMed there was a link to choose my interview time. After choosing my time I received a confirmation of my time. I’m not sure if all cocurriculum programs run their scheduling the same way. Congrats on the IMed interview and hope it goes well!!

For UMed there was a link to choose my interview time. After choosing my time I received a confirmation of my time. I’m not sure if all cocurriculum programs run their scheduling the same way. Congrats on the IMed interview and hope it goes well!!
Thanks! I didn't get any link, but let's see if they contact me again :)

• Care
For IMED it's person-dependent. Some have a calendar link, some will like to schedule via e-mail - there isn't a rule. You will be contacted directly by a faculty member (outside of the general email) to schedule the time. They send those manually.

Has anyone been able to claim their NetID? Got a financial aid auto email this morning that said I should be able to log into the my.uic.edu student portal and that requires an activation code that I don't think I have. (For ref- got the A in November, haven't received additional communication since that email until today.)

For IMED it's person-dependent. Some have a calendar link, some will like to schedule via e-mail - there isn't a rule. You will be contacted directly by a faculty member (outside of the general email) to schedule the time. They send those manually.
Thank you!

mine still says TBD, i'm assuming you're looking at 'Site Assignment'? are you in one of the IMED/GMED/UMED programs?
Yes, looking at site assignment and as of now have not recieved a decision on my cocurriculum applications.

Last edited:
Just checked and I’ve been assigned to my top choice site and I’m not doing a special program so take that for what it’s worth

• Love
Has anyone been able to claim their NetID? Got a financial aid auto email this morning that said I should be able to log into the my.uic.edu student portal and that requires an activation code that I don't think I have. (For ref- got the A in November, haven't received additional communication since that email until today.)
I just got the email this morning and also seem to be missing info. Did you find it or need to reach out to financial aid to get it?

I don’t think UIC IDs are crated before CTE for anybody. I recall someone asking during an interview and they mentioned that the MyUIC will only start being available after CTE.

I don’t think UIC IDs are crated before CTE for anybody. I recall someone asking during an interview and they mentioned that the MyUIC will only start being available after CTE.
The auto email from fin aid lists UIN (ID#) and instructs to login to MyUIC.

i have my interview on Feb 1 (my II was on 1/19 I'm sorry I didn't post it at the time) and I'm getting super nervous ! i already feel my hands sweating 🤦‍♀️. any last-minute interview advice or words of wisdom from those who went through it?

i have my interview on Feb 1 (my II was on 1/19 I'm sorry I didn't post it at the time) and I'm getting super nervous ! i already feel my hands sweating 🤦‍♀️. any last-minute interview advice or words of wisdom from those who went through it?

Relaaax - UIC interview day (or what they call “recruitment day”) is the most relaxed school event I’ve ever seen. In addition the acceptance rates are very high. Be yourself :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone found the accepted students Facebook group to be helpful or fun? I deleted my Facebook years ago and I don’t want to get back on the sauce if I don’t have to...

Relaaax - UIC interview day (or what they call “recruitment day”) is the most relaxed school event I’ve ever seen. In addition the acceptance rates are very high. Be yourself :)
I second what Greg said! It was honestly the least stressful of all my interviews. They make you feel welcomed and are genuinely interested in learning more about you. Just be yourself!

• Care
those of you who got financial aid info and site assignments; were you accepted the first day (15 Oct)?
I got my A in mid Nov and even though I sent in some of my pre-matriculation info I didn't receive this information.

I was complete July and just got an II to both the COM and IMED. I was scheduled for Feb 3 so I think they are running low on interview days

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
those of you who got financial aid info and site assignments; were you accepted the first day (15 Oct)?
I got my A in mid Nov and even though I sent in some of my pre-matriculation info I didn't receive this information.
Yes, I was accepted 10/15.

Hoping you get some info soon! The wait for a site assignment feels torturous. 😩

• Care
Does anyone know if you have to fill out the scholarly concentration application to be eligible for an II? I have been waiting to fill mine out until I received a potential II but have yet to receive any communication. For those who had their interviews, did you complete your scholarly concentration app before the interview?

Does anyone know if you have to fill out the scholarly concentration application to be eligible for an II?
You don’t have to - it’s totally optional. Most people probably didn’t apply to any concentration.

Hoping you get some info soon! The wait for a site assignment feels torturous. 😩
...along with fin-aid day scheduled for march. It's hard to plan anything ;<

Last edited:
  • Care
Anyone else in the February 3 interview pool? I haven’t been given any info on when it is/the agenda and I need to schedule my separate IMED interviews the same days, but don’t want to double book a time! I reached out via email to get the info but haven’t heard back