-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
trynagotomedschoolyeard
Full Member
Congratulations!! Did Mark call? silence from my end so it's prob an R.JUST GOT THE A!!!!!
wannabedr012
Full Member
when you applied for a scholarly concentration, did you get an email saying you were done? when I press submit, it just says saved, but I can still edit it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied for RMEDCongrats! When did you interview? Were you on DD?
Yeah I got an email last night saying to call him today. Hoping for good news for you babe!!Congratulations!! Did Mark call? silence from my end so it's prob an R.
Congrats on your MSTP II!anyone know if it's too late to apply to UMED? I recently got an MSTP II and the interview isn't until Feb 21. Do I still have a shot or did they fill all their spots probably?
The UMed app deadline is March 1, so if you're interested, I'd say go for it! Keep in mind, they will only interview once you are accepted. It is hard to say how many they have accepted or interviewed at this point.
II this week, dates for next week
Mid AugustCongrats! When we’re you complete?
Mrs.MD-Hopeful
Full Member
Congrats on all the recent As! I have a few questions. Do you have to be on the Chicago campus to apply for UMED? I got assigned the Peoria campus. Also can anyone tell me a little more about the Peoria campus
Congrats right back atcha!Congrats on all the recent As! I have a few questions. Do you have to be on the Chicago campus to apply for UMED? I got assigned the Peoria campus. Also can anyone tell me a little more about the Peoria campus
A Peoria assignment does not prevent you from applying for UMed. Since you have already been assigned to Peoria, if you are later accepted to UMed, you will be prioritized for reassignment to Chicago.
Site Assignment Info
If you have trouble getting anyone to respond about the Peoria campus, the FB page has a lot of current students and student recently posted about being at Peoria.
Last edited:
Mrs.MD-Hopeful
Full Member
Thank you so much! Darn I thought you could do UMED on Peoria's campusCongrats right back atcha!
A Peoria assignment does not prevent you from applying for UMed. Since you have already been assigned to Peoria, if you are later accepted to UMed, you will be prioritized for reassigned to Chicago.
Site Assignment Info
If you have trouble getting anyone to respond about the Peoria campus, the FB page has a lot of current students and student recently posted about being at Peoria.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are II invites pretty much done here?
I dressed professionally for both interviews.For those of you with scholarly concentration interviews, did you dress up as formally as you did for your regular UIC interview? Thanks!
A current student of the FB page said they are planning one, but details TBD.Does anyone know if this school has a second look day?
Hi, it was a little more relaxed for IMED. I cannot speak for the other concentrations. I wore brightly colored sweaters for both interviewers and was accepted in 2 days! They really just want to get to know you and what you bring to the table. Hope that helps!For those of you with scholarly concentration interviews, did you dress up as formally as you did for your regular UIC interview? Thanks!
yes but some people seemed business casual. I agree that they just want to get to know you so if you can express your personality with your clothes, do so!For those of you with scholarly concentration interviews, did you dress up as formally as you did for your regular UIC interview? Thanks!
wannabedr012
Full Member
what time do As typically come in on fridays?
During the day starting around 12-1 CST.what time do As typically come in on fridays?
for the December batch, they didn't start coming in on SDN until after 3pm CTwhat time do As typically come in on fridays?
wannabedr012
Full Member
thank you both!
parlezvousmed
Full Member
do they make decisions on thursdays and send out As on fridays?
It seems like that’s the case. They told us that the committee meets in Thursdays but all the decisions so far were submitted on Fridays. Maybe it has to go through the dean or something.do they make decisions on thursdays and send out As on fridays?
The committee meets every third Thursday of every month starting in October and results released the following day. Sourcedo they make decisions on thursdays and send out As on fridays?
D
deleted1115486
If I haven't completed snapshot yet, does that mean I'm not in contention for a II?
While you should complete it long time ago the lack of Snapshot or Duet will not prevent you from getting an II.If I haven't completed snapshot yet, does that mean I'm not in contention for a II?
I'm assuming that they are done with interviews now? Sigh... so much for being my 'state' school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mangosports
Full Member
😭😭 so excited I just got an interview invite! scheduled my interview for this Friday, any tips/ advice on what type of mmi questions they ask?
Congratulations!! Do you by any chance know what other dates if any they offered you?😭😭 so excited I just got an interview invite! scheduled my interview for this Friday, any tips/ advice on what type of mmi questions they ask?
Congratulations! I found SDN Interview Feedback for this interview to be quite helpful.😭😭 so excited I just got an interview invite! scheduled my interview for this Friday, any tips/ advice on what type of mmi questions they ask?
mangosports
Full Member
The other date was 2/23Congratulations!! Do you by any chance know what other dates if any they offered you?
mangosports
Full Member
Thank you!!Congratulations! I found SDN Interview Feedback for this interview to be quite helpful.
medschoolhopeful1234
Full Member
Revisit the thread, a lot of good advice has been offered for the interview that I hope will ease any anxiety. Best of luck, UIC was my favorite interview, I did not feel pressure to impress, and it was a very genuine experience!😭😭 so excited I just got an interview invite! scheduled my interview for this Friday, any tips/ advice on what type of mmi questions they ask?
mangosports
Full Member
Thanks i was just doing that cuz i realized that must have been asked before 🙂Revisit the thread, a lot of good advice has been offered for the interview that I hope will ease any anxiety. Best of luck, UIC was my favorite interview, I did not feel pressure to impress, and it was a very genuine experience!
wannabedr012
Full Member
guys... im going to medical school!! just got the email
favoritecolorblue
New Member
Unexpected A after DD on 10/22!
Mrs.MD-Hopeful
Full Member
Congrats!!Unexpected A after DD on 10/22!
Mrs.MD-Hopeful
Full Member
Congrats!!guys... im going to medical school!! just got the email
Manifesting this for me 🙏🏼 Congrats!!!!Unexpected A after DD on 10/22!
has anyone else hear anything?
Nothing on my end! DD since 12/17has anyone else hear anything?
dietpepsi24
Full Member
No 🙁 you think they might keep sending stuff tomorrow since they typically do in Fridays?has anyone else hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sure hope so haha. I regret checking sdn, now i have ruined my thursday and most likely friday as wellNo 🙁 you think they might keep sending stuff tomorrow since they typically do in Fridays?
Good luck to everyone today! Hopefully we hear some good news and get some A's!
mediocrestudent97
Full Member
Is anyone who was accepted a while back still waiting on site assignment? How likely is it to get a top 1 or 2 choice as april 30th gets closer??
I think they don’t release the site decision except for a few people. I don’t have the decision regardless the site either.Is anyone who was accepted a while back still waiting on site assignment? How likely is it to get a top 1 or 2 choice as april 30th gets closer??
Going by last year’s thread the site assignments come out later in the spring.I think they don’t release the site decision except for a few people. I don’t have the decision regardless the site either.