-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any news for anyone?
trynagotomedschoolyeard
Full Member
cricketsAny news for anyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SheepgoesMoo
New Member
No.. really hope yesterday wasn’t it for this month plsAny news for anyone?
premed2121
New Member
Got the A this afternoon, portal update and email around the same time. It's my first A and I'm in shock. I really hope all of you get good news soon, the waiting is so hard!
did you send any update letters or letters of interest after you were placed on DD?Also got the A this afternoon after being placed on DD 11/19! 🙂
I did! didn't seem to have much of an effect, because I submitted them a week after the interview (10/19) and I just heard back now. but you never know!did you send any update letters or letters of interest after you were placed on DD?
Thank you!I did! didn't seem to have much of an effect, because I submitted them a week after the interview (10/19) and I just heard back now. but you never know!
trynagotomedschoolyeard
Full Member
placed on DD.
kev100roma
New Member
Accepted today after DD on 10/22
flowerp0wer232
Full Member
II this afternoon! Totally unexpected for a saturday (and i’m OOS). Available dates were february 23rd and 24th
congratulations! did you send any update letters or letters of interests after getting placed on DD?Accepted today after DD on 10/22
Anybody DD in january get A this month? Seems like its been mostly nov and december folks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kev100roma
New Member
Thank you, and no I did not.congratulations! did you send any update letters or letters of interests after getting placed on DD?
PlzLetMeIn155
Full Member
I got the A in November and got my site assignment a couple weeks ago. My 1st choice- but I ranked Chicago as #2 so that might affect it. I'm not doing any special programs, just MD.Going by last year’s thread the site assignments come out later in the spring.
invictusforever
New Member
Does anyone know when information about scholarships comes out???
Do you happen to know when they announce scholarships?Going by last year’s thread the site assignments come out later in the spring.
Yes, I was assigned to Chicago late January. Others in thread have also reported assignments over the last few weeks.Has anyone started getting campus assignments?
By mid-March SOURCE (under common questions)Does anyone know when information about scholarships comes out???
Do you happen to know when they announce scholarships?
Yup down hard, "Server Error in '/' Application."is anyone else's portal down too? I went to check if I got a campus assignment and I got an error.
Is there an accepted student GroupMe or FB group? If so can someone send me the link? Thank you 🙂
D
deleted1108356
Is there an accepted student GroupMe or FB group? If so can someone send me the link? Thank you 🙂
Thank you!www.facebook.com
Mrs.MD-Hopeful
Full Member
Congratulations!MSTP A! see you in the fall 🙂
Has anyone recently gotten a site assignment? For some reason I feel like I saw in an acceptance form that March 1st was going to be the day we were assigned to a location.
Site assignments have been happening since January. Unfortunately, you won’t get notified via email, so you’ll just need to periodically check the portal.
astroblondex
New Member
Does anybody know if Illinois accepts letters of intent?
I talked to admissions a few days ago and they said they are still sending out interviews invites....does anyone know untill when?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting. I was looking at their website this weekend and it says they interview between September - February. Maybe there really is hopeI talked to admissions a few days ago and they said they are still sending out interviews invites....does anyone know untill when?
They do, you just have yo upload it on the portal.Does anybody know if Illinois accepts letters of intent?
She said it was nearing the end of the interview cycle though.Interesting. I was looking at their website this weekend and it says they interview between September - February. Maybe there really is hope
When were you complete and/or interview date? CONGRATS by the way!Just received the A. 🎉
Thanks!When were you complete and/or interview date? CONGRATS by the way!
Complete in Oct. Interviewed in Jan
dietpepsi24
Full Member
MD or MSTP?Just received the A. 🎉
Congratulations. I thought they only met every third Friday of the monthJust received the A. 🎉
I also heard the same thing (not from the adcom, from a friend who spoke to someone involved with admissions). Not exactly the best source of info though, so nobody get their hopes up lolI talked to admissions a few days ago and they said they are still sending out interviews invites....does anyone know untill when?
I was told that the system was down and they couldn't send emails when they made the decision.Congratulations. I thought they only met every third Friday of the month
MD. I did hear that admission decisions were delayed due to an issue in their Chicago office.MD or MSTP?
Did you get a DD?MD. I did hear that admission decisions were delayed due to an issue in their Chicago office.
Yeah the adcom told me it got extended through the second week of MarchI also heard the same thing (not from the adcom, from a friend who spoke to someone involved with admissions). Not exactly the best source of info though, so nobody get their hopes up lol
No. I went from interview to full acceptance.Did you get a DD?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for answering my questions.No. I went from interview to full acceptance.
Have you heard an answer to this yet? I was TBD, do you know they decide?Has anyone been assigned to Chicago campus yet?
Have you heard an answer to this yet? I was TBD, do you know they decide?
I am assigned to Chicago.
Got an interview invite today, scheduled for March 9th. This is my top choice school and any help is greatly appreciated. If anyone can dm me I would greatly appreciate it!