2021-2022 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an interview invite today, scheduled for March 9th. This is my top choice school and any help is greatly appreciated. If anyone can dm me I would greatly appreciate it!
Congratualtions!!! You got this!! Would you mind sharing your stats and when your app was complete?
 
Congratualtions!!! You got this!! Would you mind sharing your stats and when your app was complete?
Yeah, 511 MCAT, 3.6 cGPA. Completed on 10/10. This interview invite was a complete shocker based on my stats and complete date
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an interview but I haven't completed snapshot. Should I do it now or am I screwed?
 
Hello all! Congrats to yall who have gotten II and As! I am wondering if this school sends pre-II Rs? I am OOS now but prior to the last 2 yrs lived in IL my whole life and have heard crickets. Wondering if this is a silent R or still a "no news is good news" situation. TIA 🙂
 
Hello all! Congrats to yall who have gotten II and As! I am wondering if this school sends pre-II Rs? I am OOS now but prior to the last 2 yrs lived in IL my whole life and have heard crickets. Wondering if this is a silent R or still a "no news is good news" situation. TIA 🙂
They send pre-II Rs after all their intevriews are done. No one has received them yet. Unfortunately we are very close to the end of interview season, so an II is pretty unlikely at this point
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They send pre-II Rs after all their intevriews are done. No one has received them yet. Unfortunately we are very close to the end of interview season, so an II is pretty unlikely at this point
I was told by admissions that they do send pre-IIs rejections. And that as long as you haven't received a rejection by end of interview cycle you still in the running? Did they lie to me? Lol
 
I was told by admissions that they do send pre-IIs rejections. And that as long as you haven't received a rejection by end of interview cycle you still in the running? Did they lie to me? Lol
Yea lol. You can look at past year threads as well. All Rs reported at the same time once they are done interviewing
 
Did you guys send individual thank you notes to everyone in the MMI? Or how did you send a thank you?
I sent just one thank you email to the general admissions email address. I think if you wanted to send one to the long interview person that would be fine, but sending one to all of the MMI people is overkill in my opinion. I got the A in January.
 
I sent just one thank you email to the general admissions email address. I think if you wanted to send one to the long interview person that would be fine, but sending one to all of the MMI people is overkill in my opinion. I got the A in January.
That’s what I was thinking! Thank you 🙂
 
Has anyone gotten their portal login to view their financial aid? Got an email Friday saying we'd get login info in 1-3 business days and I haven't gotten it yet.
 
Just got assigned to Peoria. I live a mile from the Chicago campus I don’t know their reasoning for this. Oh well…
 
Just got assigned to Peoria. I live a mile from the Chicago campus I don’t know their reasoning for this. Oh well…
You can submit an appeal I think but you're supposed to give "professional reasons". Maybe explain that you currently live there and have a support system that would facilitate your success in med school?
 
What portal are you speaking of? Just the general applicant portal? Or is there a specific student portal like most schools have
You'll receive an email with info to log in to the uic.edu portal for students (not the applicant portal). That's how you see financial aid and stuff. You'll also be assigned UIC email.
 
Has anyone gotten their portal login to view their financial aid? Got an email Friday saying we'd get login info in 1-3 business days and I haven't gotten it yet.
Update: I submitted a help ticket and they got back to me in a few minutes with my portal token. Was able to login. Try this if you've gotten your NetID but not portal token.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll receive an email with info to log in to the uic.edu portal for students (not the applicant portal). That's how you see financial aid and stuff. You'll also be assigned UIC email.
Great thank you! Last question. Were you also accepted awhile back and just now got it? Or was it quick for you? thanks a lot
 
To see our site assignment we check the same applicant portal we used to submit our secondaries right?

I was accepted in November and it still shows my campus site assignment as TBD.
 
Am I in trouble if I didn't receive any e-mail about UIC portal, Financial Aid and campus assignment? I was accepted in December
Nope. I had the same thing and was acceted in November. Reached out to finaid to make sure all was good, they said they were waiting for campus assignment and CC’d in admissions team. Dr. Amiri replied very quickly and got my assignment finalized. Assuming I’ll hear back from financial aid rather quickly now. So, it seems they just need to finish campus assignments for some applicants and then they’ll send out packages.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad