2021-2022 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

You seeing this in the portal?
No, they sent out our UIN numbers and Token password to activate our school accounts via email. Activate it and then log in on


I clicked Chicago for campus assignment. Then a tab comes up that shows your financial aid package with loans, EFC and all that other information. (My bad if the link does not work)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, they sent out our UIN numbers and Token password to activate our school accounts via email. Activate it and then log in on


I clicked Chicago for campus assignment. Then a tab comes up that shows your financial aid package with loans, EFC and all that other information. (My bad if the link does not work)
All good... haven't gotten the email with my UIN numbers and Token password yet. Just will have to wait on it!
 
I will say that the OOS tuition and fees total is apparently $57.6k, not the 70k+ that is listed everywhere else. they had total COA listed as 80k/yr for me, so still cheaper than the private schools.
Waittttt, can someone else confirm this? I knew OOS tuition went down from 90K+ to 70K+ but now 57K? Maybe you did get that need based aid after all 🤔
 
I will say that the OOS tuition and fees total is apparently $57.6k, not the 70k+ that is listed everywhere else. they had total COA listed as 80k/yr for me, so still cheaper than the private schools.

Waittttt, can someone else confirm this? I knew OOS tuition went down from 90K+ to 70K+ but now 57K? Maybe you did get that need based aid after all [emoji848]

Keep in mind that the financial aid listed at this point is only for fall and spring semester and does not include summer semester so the total cost for the entire year is not included.
 
Last edited:
Can confirm, saw this a few days ago, OOS tuition is $52,720.00 exactly, coming out to ~80k total costs.
Yup. So either they changed their tuition or we got need based aid through them just lowering tuition for us, though it’s weird they wouldn’t list that as a grant or scholarship. Anyone else OOS willing to share what the tuition is listed as on their COA?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will say that the OOS tuition and fees total is apparently $57.6k, not the 70k+ that is listed everywhere else. they had total COA listed as 80k/yr for me, so still cheaper than the private schools.
Can confirm, saw this a few days ago, OOS tuition is $52,720.00 exactly, coming out to ~80k total costs.
Was that tuition amount posted on your portal? Do you think you got aid or do you think that's the new tuition for the 22-23 year?? It would be AMAZING if this is true for all OOS applicants
 
Was that tuition amount posted on your portal? Do you think you got aid or do you think that's the new tuition for the 22-23 year?? It would be AMAZING if this is true for all OOS applicants
Yes, this is the tuition listed on my financial aid portal COA page. Typically, if a school is going to provide aid they will have it explicitly listed as a scholarship or grant. I have nothing listed but loans. It would be strange for a school to be so humble that it gives you money on the down low, ya know? So, I doubt they would’ve just adjusted the COA as opposed to leaving the COA the same and listing the tuition reduction as a form of aid. For this reason, as well as MDhopeful reporting that same exact number for his quoted OOS tuition, I think this way be the new OOS tuition. I’m torn, though, as you would think they’d immediately advertise this attractive new price tag on their site… idk.

I will say, if they give need-based I would be absolutely shocked if I didn’t qualify. While it doesn’t look like they gave me any, again, they may have done so by reducing tuition. For everyone else’s sake, I hope it really is the new OOS tuition!!
 
Everyone’s loans for tuition (IS and OOS) is less than the quoted amount bc only fall and spring loans are provided and not the full year which includes summer. As of now you should have a tuition amount that is similar to the left column (fall/summer) of the following links.


This checks out and is indeed the reason why. Strange, since none of my other schools have summer tuition like this lol. Thanks for sharing.
 
Everyone’s loans for tuition (IS and OOS) is less than the quoted amount bc only fall and spring loans are provided and not the full year which includes summer. As of now you should have a tuition amount that is similar to the left column (fall/summer) of the following links.


Ahh this makes sense 🙁 Do you know what summer tuition is for? Never heard of schools having a summer tuition before...
 
Ahh this makes sense 🙁 Do you know what summer tuition is for? Never heard of schools having a summer tuition before...

UICOM has tuition in the summer bc the curriculum runs into the summer each year. Here is the curriculum by blocks and phases.

Phase 1:

https://learn-us-east-1-prod-fleet02-xythos.content.blackboardcdn.com/5cc71db6522fe/14731807?X-Blackboard-Expiration=1647464400000&X-Blackboard-Signature=3xLewBLqQy8Zo75KT3cwCvqt6cZkp9pzQNEik8Of4ew%3D&X-Blackboard-Client-Id=100219&response-cache-control=private%2C%20max-age%3D21600&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27Block%2520theme%2520and%2520subtheme%2520TABLE%2520GRAPHIC%2520AY2020-21%2520REV%25202-14-20%2520%2528003%2529.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEBgaCXVzLWVhc3QtMSJIMEYCIQCM%2BiGYrNj7g49Fkflw3UAQ2XI%2BDW5W3EyhTrzKPZTz9AIhAL5cIJFoD34%2FMposjTrDsn5XbBU%2BQpy51V9OKGkU0uJNKoMECJD%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEQAhoMNjM1NTY3OTI0MTgzIgwvl8xsgumlBGGjSUwq1wO99uLdK8k67YSriyekw1Hu%2Bv2n%2F7IbAqZgNxwEZqGmGUBwytIpSlD7ZriTTRnPaGq5lTVkCtDC8WF39iWurCte5pX3oUYgmyPLJWCtAvc2iw548W5imzrBxmEMk9%2BNmIWsvcViD1FVcD%2FQUiDn%2FygE2XKZg5j%2BLciVVOO5Oc66MQ85knitxpM7tvZLZsVy5FCgg0tTqtvUmltReEsmOId5H0bgQjwIrJqQ6%2BW%2F0isU%2F%2BRTgbN2pvlZSFS%2Bui5B2NplCJIpwAcphmxgDDkpG7NN3clM4f38XXmblLZrT2vQCUnCr1oyswZDCq4uBktEGpvq%2BnsK6ajnEjUiJm0hqVdya%2FKbrKvz%2BWL5mb0G%2FMLfLBKBWqAdVGpTfaGPQ%2BhxMIqm5NjdnRMPQ%2BMfSZPhvsHvx8Bihu34dIkkwNvvIpwGhiIHOC2GEO7%2FzXce%2BytCbMtbGtPtk89cWSJhVzS2ow6z8e%2FQMowxqZrZaYIZOZek5qmZHh5yiNvtnJx05UNUNJ%2Bc1WylUXk7t25lTepGlVoGAIB2SrdNA%2Bak1hldCUVfDFJrzXeYBtQUXIfghIb78ZjQmGmYNpcK5KKuCaLQda73sY%2B6JqnWzGue12%2FxojWMGQjax21eQzMwy%2F3HkQY6pAGO4GVTDg9ufc9xXjsUM7xMMf4ZYRqlfwaDYuDvpVUFMarR9nIgooqBM74OogFaVOMsyvf0yluMgDSPkSyf%2Fr17f%2F5F1xgzRgIaAlJjkqBWx3CtiF8Ozgf450XO3TqvmHq2kJaE%2FKXeaDu58QmkGs5ZBDNBVAoXgnr6fgMEk7DdrSHDDJZ3YAqRNZKsY%2BhrnWfEDBhsDYSTYk9Bb7OXcXoDi23Vsw%3D%3D&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20220316T150000Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=21600&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAZH6WM4PLXN5WAFP2%2F20220316%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=15afc629b8526296995233e337cb8268c9cd3dddf5aa6a9dbeebd8040391db5d

Phase 2:

https://learn-us-east-1-prod-fleet02-xythos.content.blackboardcdn.com/5cc71db6522fe/14731809?X-Blackboard-Expiration=1647464400000&X-Blackboard-Signature=WbMfoH0GMBEgCmMIpR9ew1BJYb0oorJJlAlTvb6eLPg%3D&X-Blackboard-Client-Id=100219&response-cache-control=private%2C%20max-age%3D21600&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27CURRICULUM%2520PHASE%25202%2520AND%2520PHASE%25203.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEBkaCXVzLWVhc3QtMSJIMEYCIQC1ZhM8iqUQ033HApGkGqrsBTIiGQOfSzGm2ZJJm3rm2gIhAJ0r6%2B5r6hB1pD6NeE869MvXc%2FHcvyWM3aiOKhmbc2lnKoMECJH%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEQAhoMNjM1NTY3OTI0MTgzIgzPoC9JoGpekfPewlYq1wPubMkUxLUI6PFnjU3q7tlak%2F%2FBWAfJrKOZ0Tf5Ltx9ahdtDzfkCa4VsATd5xZM%2FOxOTxmzjPJzsKIm4q9ZOpgQMNZNJUquBEne4AsOknFOQEpQSdzIbyk3F0X9S0k6q32jF4O%2F6MwUJ%2FuCrms84vXjOibtXg1u%2Fsfd6fmW3qBqtE7ETkcZYCBCn8ys4q%2BaXEpv6TdFcXFoEEr1oD2e1D3ir7L8D0vPCbz2vttNKqcEIS2plZt8JqgZGZtQIw4kzjA%2BHxbXT5WMM2qgsyevgK1YZxu0FiGGKYywx13rll0AIHXEKX2NlhQa9l%2BC5XeRwT%2BnXNbJQ%2FL2WzuZOUtFc0ejiVqGw1NdgLI0Al2MXmK6B6Y2dOSmJDlQR5QhhM%2BUpPi3Gh5D3i5jf7FxlqJOfHKtzsV3Dm4EAplLAeRAqjeXZQU5zipL5vou5qh5dee9T9NQYFWLe0gBHM0gTv0RDmQ7fhCvb12a%2BTYtUhKt57MgDjDqCk2jQobFCCi14LMncAYnRFzWSGeoQD3bomyPrCUS6RqAf21GKTRf16HWGVvca6QKmN3Ml6%2BuVxuOQWq4sol3qtwltuf5RR91GD4S%2BvmCRatUTCmP%2F3wKxfTu%2B7rrA0rsxaSWoVkwyprIkQY6pAEI4u6SDd%2FSE4ohLs9R1%2BVtFC%2FVEHcEe37dGgtdYSlOLSrtdBPTBZgZz0HbiJxYKFWSi3N%2FHCNRUZol2ekX990D5i4qJoxFnuUdMldT%2BZNhqymNm8kYaJf75eQBsWeQdRb163hcvRy495v5dZHutdKPekSE9ALDNpvPDcHIj%2Fe%2BLYW%2FT1mhtJamEOhMMiVI51ligjG6U5kqtvMX07jgeYTuk0IvRg%3D%3D&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20220316T150000Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=21600&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAZH6WM4PLYTYS5W5M%2F20220316%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=e4e2db75f5dfebc3cdc080bca17efb0d8575f4634cc9f9af6b1a772f5afd5a21
 
Ahh this makes sense 🙁 Do you know what summer tuition is for? Never heard of schools having a summer tuition before...
UICOM has tuition in the summer bc the curriculum runs into the summer each year. Here is the curriculum by blocks and phases.

Yeah, acatalepsy, the other schools I’ve looked into also don’t have a separate tuition for summer, despite their curriculums running 10-11 months out of the year. Then again, UICOM is like a 3.5 year program as opposed to 4, I think. Maybe that’s why they structured it this way? Or, perhaps, it’s for marketing purposes. Whatever the reason, I think workerbee is definitely correct and tuition here is billed in 3 separate terms.
 
Anybody know the real Facebook page for accepted students? There's a couple and I'd like to try and find a roommate for next year in Chicago.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed last week of February and thought I would hear back with the group that got decisions today, but no email or portal change? Did this happen to anyone else/does this just mean DD? I didn't think we'd hear until tomorrow anyway so I was pleasantly surprised that some people heard today!
 
Interviewed last week of February and thought I would hear back with the group that got decisions today, but no email or portal change? Did this happen to anyone else/does this just mean DD? I didn't think we'd hear until tomorrow anyway so I was pleasantly surprised that some people heard today!
it happened last month too where some people got decisions a day earlier than others. Hopefully we will all get some good news tomorrow!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand it is kind of biased, but I didn't see anyone in the last year's thread coming off DD in April. Does that mean they have probablly overaccepted people by now and regardless of people declining offers, DD people will just be moved to WL and nothing would happen?
 
I understand it is kind of biased, but I didn't see anyone in the last year's thread coming off DD in April. Does that mean they have probablly overaccepted people by now and regardless of people declining offers, DD people will just be moved to WL and nothing would happen?
I’ve heard rumblings that they accepted too many last year, so that explains why there was no movement in the positive direction from DD. They offered slight tuition dicounts to anyone willing to defer.

One can only hope that they learned from their mistake and aired on the side of caution this year. If that is indeed the case, we would expect them to have been more conservative w handing out post II A’s, so they likely utilized more DD’s this year so they could add acceptances as withdrawals and what not trickle in. I would expect a lot more DD’s turned A’s this year than last. Good luck!
 
Last edited: