2021-2022 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone without a campus assignment receive theirs today? In the FB group they said they were finalizing them this week
No

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I remember reading people heard back around 4:30 central time

Reactions: 3 users
nothing yet 😵‍💫.. maybe match day will also delay

How long does it take for acceptance to show up on AMCAS tool?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the chances of getting off the DD list?
Don't know the exact likelihood but I know I got off DD to an A and others have as well. But I interviewed in sept, DD'd in oct, and A'd in Jan.. not sure how it will go for this part of the cycle. Wishing you luck

What are the chances of getting off the DD list?
at the interview, they said 80% of those interviewed get in so I'm assuming people on DD have a pretty good chance of getting in (correct me if i am wrong). Also, in previous years it seems they accepted way too many people right off the bat and too many people accepted their offer. I think therefore they put more people on DD than in previous years.

Hello, accepted OOS (2/19/22) to Chicago!!! 🙌

Was hoping someone could give insight into best off-campus housing options. I’m considering Atrio vs SCIO

Was hoping someone could give insight into best off-campus housing options. I’m considering Atrio vs SCIO
When did you get accepted vs getting your campus assignment? Trying to figure out about how long that takes..

Reactions: 1 users

Why those? if I may ask

Apologies if this has been posted before, but do you get an email when your campus is assigned or is it just a portal update?

Apologies if this has been posted before, but do you get an email when your campus is assigned or is it just a portal update?

I never got an email specifically for my campus assignment. I got it today when I got my second look info, and it was updated in my portal

Assigned to Chicago today! Took a screenshot immediately so they can’t switch me to Peoria…

• Haha
Anyone know the feasibility of traveling from Rockford to Chicago to do research/talk with a mentor at the Chicago campus? Or the availability of doing rotations at another campus? I know they're fairly open campuses in that you can do things on other campuses, but to what extent? Also are TBLs still going to be online these coming years? Someone tell me if these are stupid questions -- I also plan on asking student affairs/admissions lol

I ask because I was assigned Rockford, but have found a research mentor in Chicago that is doing exactly what I want to do in the somewhat niche field I want to work in. Not sure if this really calls for a full on campus appeal.

I didn't get an e-mail from the portal but the portal now says "We are excited to notify you that your campus assignment has been determined as Chicago." for me. This just changed after I was pulled from the waitlist for the IMED program :soexcited:

Now the fun of searching for an apartment in Chicago begins :D

what happened to that 80% post II acceptance rate i saw on reddit last year :'( hopefully good news today
I think it will still hold and it's even higher - even this year they showed a graph with ~600 acceptances and ~750 interviews, to ensure everybody that the acceptance rate is high. There are STILL interviews as some people are just getting decisions regarding SPP.

How long does it take for acceptance to show up on AMCAS tool?
I believe they send the data once per day at midnight since all of them seem to say "12:00 AM EST" as the time in CYMS.

Last edited:
I didn't get an e-mail from the portal but the portal now says "We are excited to notify you that your campus assignment has been determined as Chicago." for me. This just changed after I was pulled from the waitlist for the IMED program :soexcited:

Now the fun of searching for an apartment in Chicago begins :D

I think it will still hold and it's even higher - even this year they showed a graph with ~600 acceptances and ~750 interviews, to ensure everybody that the acceptance rate is high. There are STILL interviews as some people are just getting decisions regarding SPP.

I believe they send the data once per day at midnight since all of them seem to say "12:00 AM EST" as the time in CYMS.Do you
Do you mean they've already accepted 600 people?

Anyone else not happy about their campus placement
me lol...

I was placed in Rockford but I mostly talked about the opportunities and working in hospitals in Chicago.

super surprised (and honestly pretty sad) that I wasn't placed there.

gonna do the appeal form asap

edit: interviewed in oct; dd and then a in january

Guys, anyone knows when we receive our UID for login? I am assigned a campus on the portal. but no email about ID or financial aid, or anything ...

Anyone else deciding between a non-Chicago UICOM campus and other schools?

Just a PSA to others, since I posted here last week regarding confusion over lack of financial aid at this school and was considering withdrawing since I was only offered loans.

Yesterday, I received an email with a scholarship notification, despite my original package showing nothing but loans. Just wanted to share so that anyone else disappointed in their aid and/or considering withdrawing could hold off since a scholarship might be coming their way. I'll still be withdrawing, so, hopefully, mine gets redistributed and one of you gets blessed over these next couple of weeks!

I'm also assigned to Chicago, so maybe a spot opens up for one of you Chicago hopefuls!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Just a PSA to others, since I posted here last week regarding confusion over lack of financial aid at this school and was considering withdrawing since I was only offered loans.

Yesterday, I received an email with a scholarship notification, despite my original package showing nothing but loans. Just wanted to share so that anyone else disappointed in their aid and/or considering withdrawing could hold off since a scholarship might be coming their way. I'll still be withdrawing, so, hopefully, mine gets redistributed and one of you gets blessed over these next couple of weeks!

I'm also assigned to Chicago, so maybe a spot opens up for one of you Chicago hopefuls!!!

Did you contact them at all about financial aid before they sent the scholarship?

I also received a scholarship....waiting on FAFSA to see what my total would be but still juggling the decision. OOS tuition is crazy expensive haha

How long did it take you guys to receive activation email?

me lol...

I was placed in Rockford but I mostly talked about the opportunities and working in hospitals in Chicago.

super surprised (and honestly pretty sad) that I wasn't placed there.

gonna do the appeal form asap

edit: interviewed in oct; dd and then a in january
Same here! I'm planning on withdrawing if I can't be in Chicago which is such a bummer because this was my first choice. I read we will not hear back about appeals until after the April 30 deadline which seems very risky to me. I wouldn't want to commit to going here without knowing for sure if I will be on the Chicago campus. Did you write about any extenuating circumstances that would restrict you being elsewhere?

So maybe a naive question but why so many people don't want to go to Peoria or Rockford? From their video they look like good and cozy campuses :thinking:

Do you mean they've already accepted 600 people?
Oh no no, previous cycle stats. They don't publish live data from the current cycle afaik.

Guys, anyone knows when we receive our UID for login? I am assigned a campus on the portal. but no email about ID or financial aid, or anything ...
I've got even a weirder case: I have their NetID number (from fin-aid email) but I cannot login as I don't have the password nor I can reset it... does it mean I have to wait for some activation email?

So maybe a naive question but why so many people don't want to go to Peoria or Rockford? From their video they look like good and cozy campuses :thinking:
I mean, why did you rank Chicago #1? Maybe you have family or connections there, or are intrigued by the opportunities available at that campus, or just want the city life. Maybe your spouse has a career path that only works well in highly urban areas, and if they were to move with you, they would need to be in that city. Obviously, not everyone gets their #1 choice all the time so it is what it is, and when you have other school choices available then you get to pick.

Personally, I'll be happy with Rockford if my appeal is denied; I was incredibly close to not going to med school at all, and I have no doubt that I'll receive opportunity to excel. That being said, there are several faculty members at the Chicago campus in the area of medicine I am interested in that will be slightly more difficult to meet with being at Rockford. This is magnified by the lack of that particular department at the Rockford campus.

If I can still work with those faculty while my primary study happens at the Rockford campus I would be far less worried, but it will still be difficult to drive 3hrs round trip + pay for gas to work with them.

I mean, why did you rank Chicago #1?
Personally I ranked Chicago first only because of IMED - if not that I would prefer a more rural campus. While I never lived in an highly urban area I used to work in an urban area. The prices for everything are much much higher so it's way harder to live in Chicago for people without external financial backing.
However, it's intriguing that people are being assigned to Rockford & Peoria when it was their second choice... that will mean that not many people actually picked these as their #1 as Chicago has many more spots.

Personally, I'll be happy with Rockford if my appeal is denied; I was incredibly close to not going to med school at all, and I have no doubt that I'll receive opportunity to excel. That being said, there are several faculty members at the Chicago campus in the area of medicine I am interested in that will be slightly more difficult to meet with being at Rockford. This is magnified by the lack of that particular department at the Rockford campus.

If I can still work with those faculty while my primary study happens at the Rockford campus I would be far less worried, but it will still be difficult to drive 3hrs round trip + pay for gas to work with them.
This is a good point. Looking at their materials however it seems that they're trying to equalize opportunities, even if satellite campuses have less physical resources. How it is in practice we cannot tell before actually being there. With the current gas prices driving 3h is hard to swallow.

Does anyone know if UICOM still has an adcom meeting for this cycle? Just wondering if people on DD will automatically go on the waitlist

Does anyone know if UICOM still has an adcom meeting for this cycle? Just wondering if people on DD will automatically go on the waitlist
I think the last one is this month according to their interview information on their website. They state at April 30th the DD will move to waitlist so I think we have one more shot at least :/ maybe they will review more than once a month next month hopefully

Just got financial aid.... $80,000 in loans. No thank you. Really disappointed in the little financial support from this school.

Just got financial aid.... $80,000 in loans. No thank you. Really disappointed in the little financial support from this school.
Yeah, I said the same. I don’t think they offer outright need based aid. I think one or two of their scholarships might take into account disadvantaged status, however. As I posted about earlier in the thread, I was offered a scholarship about a week after my original aid package only being loans… hopefully the same transpires for you! Good luck!

• Care
Did yall get an email? How do you check?
After you get an email with NetID activation you can log-in to MyUIC and and go to Student [top menu] => [scroll down] Financial Aid Status Menu => Financial Aid Summary => 2022/23. The activation email should arrive from medadmit email and will have subject "UIC Student Account Activation Process", so it may land in spam.

However, I think not everything is posted to newly created accounts since entering "Financial Aid Notification" instead of "Financial Aid Summary" shows "Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (SFAS) has received your 2022-2023 FAFSA, but did not issue a financial aid notification.". According to their FAQ it may take some time. How I see it accounts and loans are created semi-automatically and information is based on just FAFSA, while any schoolarships are pending manual review and we need to wait for that SFAS notification.

Can someone confirm or correct that? @JohnJacobJingleheimer - do you see anything in the "Financial Aid Notification" section?

After you get an email with NetID activation you can log-in to MyUIC and and go to Student [top menu] => [scroll down] Financial Aid Status Menu => Financial Aid Summary => 2022/23. The activation email should arrive from medadmit email and will have subject "UIC Student Account Activation Process", so it may land in spam.

However, I think not everything is posted to newly created accounts since entering "Financial Aid Notification" instead of "Financial Aid Summary" shows "Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (SFAS) has received your 2022-2023 FAFSA, but did not issue a financial aid notification.". According to their FAQ it may take some time. How I see it accounts and loans are created semi-automatically and information is based on just FAFSA, while any schoolarships are pending manual review and we need to wait for that SFAS notification.

Can someone confirm or correct that? @JohnJacobJingleheimer - do you see anything in the "Financial Aid Notification" section?
So, I got my email about my FAFSA being processed and misinterpreted that as my aid package having been ready. Since I hadn't yet gotten my log-in credentials, I submitted a help request ticket to get my UIN and the token that allows you to log in. Once I logged in, I found my package wasn't yet available; there were no numbers, and I also had the "Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (SFAS) has received your 2022-2023 FAFSA, but did not issue a financial aid notification."

After a day or two, my numbers popped up as all loans, but it still said no notification had been administered yet. I was also wondering if the loans get added automatically and the fin aid advisors go in and add grants/ scholarships after the fact. Another day or two passed and it then showed the notification was administered and my package was ready; it showed the same summary I had seen prior. All loans. The only thing that changed was when, a week later after they emailed me that I had received a scholarship, the scholarship was added to the summary. So, I think if you see any numbers in your account, that is the accurate numbers they have for you. The notification just seems to come after the fact, despite the summary being available beforehand. My point is, if there are numbers on your account, those numbers are likely going to stay that way, unless they contact you about a scholarship. I don't think this school automatically offers low-income students need-based aid as many other schools do. I think you still have to qualify for one of the scholarships they offer, although the "College of Medicine Scholarship" seems to be catered to people from disadvantaged backgrounds.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: