AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just called...turns out i recieved the email by mistake. thanks uic for causing me to have a heart attack lolDid you complete all parts of Casper ? Could be that
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
just called...turns out i recieved the email by mistake. thanks uic for causing me to have a heart attack lolDid you complete all parts of Casper ? Could be that
Last year they sent pre-ii Rs in March, so pretty much ghosted until then lolDoes Illinois send out pre-II Rs? Or can we expect to just get ghosted?
+1I saw on their updates section in the portal there's an option for Pre-II LOI. Anyone know how they view these//whether or not it's worth submitting one?
In the interview they said that updates/LOI are viewed favorably! They encouraged people to send them. I think how early you send one in would depend on if you have information to update them.
I'm in IS, alumni, interviewed in September. There were a few IS candidates at my interview. It did seem mostly OOS though.Are they still not interviewing many Illinois applicants yet? This is my alma mater i'm really hoping they consider the in-state apps soon.
I'm in IS, alumni, interviewed in September. There were a few IS candidates at my interview. It did seem mostly OOS though.
I totally feel that! Also my alma mater and really hope I get a chance to interview here.Are they still not interviewing many Illinois applicants yet? This is my alma mater i'm really hoping they consider the in-state apps soon.
I think they mentioned at my interview that the earliest the committee meets is Oct 21st, decisions released Oct 22nd for anyone who interviewed before then... however I was not in the earliest group so maybe y'all heard something different.Anyone heard anything today?
Early Aug interview here. They mentioned that committee meets every 3rd Thursday of the month, so decisions should be released for those who interviewed prior to September 16th! Caveat is if they canceled the September meeting and the first committee meeting was October.I think they mentioned at my interview that the earliest the committee meets is Oct 21st, decisions released Oct 22nd for anyone who interviewed before then... however I was not in the earliest group so maybe y'all heard something different.
Nada. I interviewed early September snd they did say we may hear back today or tomorrowAnyone hear anything yet?
Also interviewed in Sep and told either Fri or weekend of Oct 15thNada. I interviewed early September snd they did say we may hear back today or tomorrow
No idea. Same here and my alma mater.Any consensus on if they are prioritizing OOS applicants right now as opposed to in-state applicants? I'm IS and have not heard anything yet.
Cliche, but be yourself. Their interview day was easily one of my favorite experiences as far as it being relaxed, informative, conversational, etc. Don't be afraid to laugh and show em your personality. Also don't fret over their mmi. Really chill with traditional interview style questions sprinkled throughoutI have my interview this week. Any tips??
Would definitely agree, I was worried about the MMI but it ended up being not stressful at all, the questions were things most people should have thought about and they just want to see your thought process. Everything else felt very supportive and friendly and more along the lines of a recruitment rather than an interview.Cliche, but be yourself. Their interview day was easily one of my favorite experiences as far as it being relaxed, informative, conversational, etc. Don't be afraid to laugh and show em your personality. Also don't fret over their mmi. Really chill with traditional interview style questions sprinkled throughout
Anyone interview September and haven’t heard back yet?
I am so nervous!!!! This has been the longest week of my life lol.Also, for anyone interested when they release decisions, I looked at last years SDN thread for Illinois and for all the months I looked at (Nov-Feb), decisions came out on the Friday. So probably not today, but tomorrow we will hear back.
I thought last year they released a batch of decisions on 10/15 or 10/16 and skipped a decision release the following week of October, then released the next batch 3rd week of November.Also, for anyone interested when they release decisions, I looked at last years SDN thread for Illinois and for all the months I looked at (Nov-Feb), decisions came out on the Friday. So probably not today, but tomorrow we will hear back.
I believe that was because last year the 3rd Thursday in Oct was the 15th, so their committee meeting coincided with release date. They didn't have their next meeting until the 3rd Thursday in Nov. This year, they have a committee meeting today separate from the one they had in Sep.I thought last year they released a batch of decisions on 10/15 or 10/16 and skipped a decision release the following week of October, then released the next batch 3rd week of November.
I thought last year they released a batch of decisions on 10/15 or 10/16 and skipped a decision release the following week of October, then released the next batch 3rd week of November.
If they follow similar pattern to last week, maybe around 2:30p CDT. Good luck and hoping you get some sleep!What time will they be releasing results tomorrow? Will take melatonin accordingly 🤣
Yes, they did say they will have a meeting the following Thursday (i.e. today).
Edit: they also mentioned that they need to coordinate with IMED decisions for this release so that people don’t get mixed signals (as you can be accepted to the COM but not to IMED, but obviously not the other way around).
Not during the session I attended. They seem to coordinate these special programs and shuffle them for different dates (i.e. group people based on them). Our day had a clear separation for IMED vs rest of the people. I imagine it’s the same for other programs as well.Did they say anything abt the GMED program?
Yes, there are people who were completed at the beginning of the cycle and still silence.So anyone else that completed in July still not hear back? I am IS btw, and alumni
exact same stats and casper, IS, ORM UIUC alum. I really would love to get some love from my state school but last year i didn't get any (had worse stats) and it's very hard not to feel like this cycle will go similarly+1 with same stats/casper
Congrats! Do you happen to remember what dates they gave you?II on 10/20! IS/ORM. Complete 7/13. By far my top choice! (I'd be happy to PM more specifics)
Unfortunately silence. If other dates and what they used to say during interviews is to be believed something may move around 2-3pm CST today.Has anyone received any acceptances today? I Interviewed late September and haven't heard anything yet.
FYI: their dates aren’t linear and depend on cocurricular programs as well. I’ve heard about people getting an II with a date as far as 2.5 months ahead and as soon as 6 days from the II 😉Congrats! Do you happen to remember what dates they gave you?
Unfortunately silence. If other dates and what they used to say during interviews is to be believed something may move around 2-3pm CST today.
FYI: their dates aren’t linear and depend on cocurricular programs as well. I’ve heard about people getting an II with a date as far as 2.5 months ahead and as soon as 6 days from the II 😉
Also late Sep, nothing yet ! watching my email like a hawk...Has anyone received any acceptances today? I Interviewed late September and haven't heard anything yet.
From what I understood they revamped the whole thing in comparison to other years. Before students applied when they were accepted to the COM, now it’s integrated into the secondary.Are they accepting people for the programs already? I thought deadlines were in like March
From what I understood they revamped the whole thing in comparison to other years. Before students applied when they were accepted to the COM, now it’s integrated into the secondary.
Effectively nothing has changed as they were always evaluating candidates on rolling basis (correct me if I’m wrong) but now they can draw earlier and from a larger pool.
So yes, they’re already accepting people into these programs along with COM acceptances. The deadline in March seems to work the same as deadline for secondary.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.