2021-2022 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they mentioned at my interview that the earliest the committee meets is Oct 21st, decisions released Oct 22nd for anyone who interviewed before then... however I was not in the earliest group so maybe y'all heard something different.
Early Aug interview here. They mentioned that committee meets every 3rd Thursday of the month, so decisions should be released for those who interviewed prior to September 16th! Caveat is if they canceled the September meeting and the first committee meeting was October.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any consensus on if they are prioritizing OOS applicants right now as opposed to in-state applicants? I'm IS and have not heard anything yet.
 
I have my interview this week. Any tips??
Cliche, but be yourself. Their interview day was easily one of my favorite experiences as far as it being relaxed, informative, conversational, etc. Don't be afraid to laugh and show em your personality. Also don't fret over their mmi. Really chill with traditional interview style questions sprinkled throughout
 
For those that received “delayed decision” post-interview, did you guys send thank you letters or update letters after your interview? I know it may not have had a large impact on their decision but I’m just curious!
 
Last edited:
Cliche, but be yourself. Their interview day was easily one of my favorite experiences as far as it being relaxed, informative, conversational, etc. Don't be afraid to laugh and show em your personality. Also don't fret over their mmi. Really chill with traditional interview style questions sprinkled throughout
Would definitely agree, I was worried about the MMI but it ended up being not stressful at all, the questions were things most people should have thought about and they just want to see your thought process. Everything else felt very supportive and friendly and more along the lines of a recruitment rather than an interview.
 
Anyone interview September and haven’t heard back yet?

Yes. If you interviewed after (or maybe just before) September 15 you should hear a decision at the end of this week.

The admissions committee meets every third Thursday of each month (which is this coming Thursday for October). They said they will release decisions by 5pm the next day. So we should hear back either tomorrow or Friday!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, for anyone interested when they release decisions, I looked at last years SDN thread for Illinois and for all the months I looked at (Nov-Feb), decisions came out on the Friday. So probably not today, but tomorrow we will hear back.
 
Also, for anyone interested when they release decisions, I looked at last years SDN thread for Illinois and for all the months I looked at (Nov-Feb), decisions came out on the Friday. So probably not today, but tomorrow we will hear back.
I thought last year they released a batch of decisions on 10/15 or 10/16 and skipped a decision release the following week of October, then released the next batch 3rd week of November.
 
I thought last year they released a batch of decisions on 10/15 or 10/16 and skipped a decision release the following week of October, then released the next batch 3rd week of November.
I believe that was because last year the 3rd Thursday in Oct was the 15th, so their committee meeting coincided with release date. They didn't have their next meeting until the 3rd Thursday in Nov. This year, they have a committee meeting today separate from the one they had in Sep.
 
I thought last year they released a batch of decisions on 10/15 or 10/16 and skipped a decision release the following week of October, then released the next batch 3rd week of November.

Hmmm… well last year the third Thursday of October was the 15th.

And I’m pretty certain at my interview they said they were releasing decisions this week for us, but I’m not certain. If anyone else has heard anything to confirm this or not feel free to chime in.
 
Yes, they did say they will have a meeting the following Thursday (i.e. today).

Edit: they also mentioned that they need to coordinate with IMED decisions for this release so that people don’t get mixed signals (as you can be accepted to the COM but not to IMED, but obviously not the other way around).
 
Yes, they did say they will have a meeting the following Thursday (i.e. today).

Edit: they also mentioned that they need to coordinate with IMED decisions for this release so that people don’t get mixed signals (as you can be accepted to the COM but not to IMED, but obviously not the other way around).

Did they say anything abt the GMED program?
 
Did they say anything abt the GMED program?
Not during the session I attended. They seem to coordinate these special programs and shuffle them for different dates (i.e. group people based on them). Our day had a clear separation for IMED vs rest of the people. I imagine it’s the same for other programs as well.


So anyone else that completed in July still not hear back? I am IS btw, and alumni
Yes, there are people who were completed at the beginning of the cycle and still silence.
Their selection process doesn’t seem to be based just on first come - first serve.
 
+1 with same stats/casper
exact same stats and casper, IS, ORM UIUC alum. I really would love to get some love from my state school but last year i didn't get any (had worse stats) and it's very hard not to feel like this cycle will go similarly
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received any acceptances today? I Interviewed late September and haven't heard anything yet.
Unfortunately silence. If other dates and what they used to say during interviews is to be believed something may move around 2-3pm CST today.


Congrats! Do you happen to remember what dates they gave you?
FYI: their dates aren’t linear and depend on cocurricular programs as well. I’ve heard about people getting an II with a date as far as 2.5 months ahead and as soon as 6 days from the II 😉
 
Unfortunately silence. If other dates and what they used to say during interviews is to be believed something may move around 2-3pm CST today.



FYI: their dates aren’t linear and depend on cocurricular programs as well. I’ve heard about people getting an II with a date as far as 2.5 months ahead and as soon as 6 days from the II 😉

Are they accepting people for the programs already? I thought deadlines were in like March
 
Are they accepting people for the programs already? I thought deadlines were in like March
From what I understood they revamped the whole thing in comparison to other years. Before students applied when they were accepted to the COM, now it’s integrated into the secondary.
Effectively nothing has changed as they were always evaluating candidates on rolling basis (correct me if I’m wrong) but now they can draw earlier and from a larger pool.

So yes, they’re already accepting people into these programs along with COM acceptances. The deadline in March seems to work the same as deadline for secondary.
 
From what I understood they revamped the whole thing in comparison to other years. Before students applied when they were accepted to the COM, now it’s integrated into the secondary.
Effectively nothing has changed as they were always evaluating candidates on rolling basis (correct me if I’m wrong) but now they can draw earlier and from a larger pool.

So yes, they’re already accepting people into these programs along with COM acceptances. The deadline in March seems to work the same as deadline for secondary.

Thanks for all the info on this thread!