2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should I email them about my new clinical job which is not listed in the application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think everybody gets different questions but mine were the usual introduction (2 min), why osteopathic med (1.5 min), one generic ethical scenario which could be answered with a little bit of empathy and common sense (1.5 min), one question about a hobby (1.5 min), and one question about another career path (1.5 min). They were all really nice questions and honestly the only "pressure" was the small time frame. Just practice a few times on speaking concisely, and you'll be fine. And then the info session is super fun and you get to meet potential future classmates! My group was GREAT, we all clicked, it was a blast (which makes me think that this school is consistent with the kinds of people it's interviewing). Best of luck :giggle:
What is the schedule like for the information session? I am trying to figure out if I need to request the entire day off work.

Portal changed from interview invite to thank your for interviewing. My folder items still show missing for Elmira. Anyone else?

II Erie, OOS

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys I just got an II from Erie. How do we check when the information session is?

Hey guys I just got an II from Erie. How do we check when the information session is
Hey guys I just got an II from Erie. How do we check when the information session is?
nvm. I figured it out lol

Just got a text from LECOM Elmira. “We will contact you soon with a decision.” I’m so nervous now 😩

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Portal changed from interview invite to thank your for interviewing. My folder items still show missing for Elmira. Anyone else?
I interviewed on 8/6 and my required credits didn't get checked off till 8/11 ish

II for Erie. OOS. Is the date we pick in the portal the zoom session?
Yep! You can complete the interview at any point before your Zoom session, although LECOM recommends completing the interview at least 24h prior in the event of a tech malfunction.

Does anyone know if LECOM gives disproportionately more II's because they are using recorded interviews? I can't seem to find interview or acceptance statistics online.

Does anyone know if LECOM gives disproportionately more II's because they are using recorded interviews? I can't seem to find interview or acceptance statistics online.
That was the case last year. It seemed like everyone who interviewed was just put on the waitlist… very few got accepted or rejected

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
What is the schedule like for the information session? I am trying to figure out if I need to request the entire day off work.
Mine was from 9:30am to a little past 1pm. Alyssa will send you a more detailed schedule outline about a week before your info session

Reactions: 1 users
That was the case last year. It seemed like everyone who interviewed was just put on the waitlist… very few got accepted or rejected
Seriously
The Office No GIF

II today. OOS. Kind of disheartening to hear that LECOM dishes out a lot of IIs and then throws everyone on the waitlist…but oh well onward we go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ best of luck to everyone still waiting and everyone who already got the II

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
II today. OOS. Kind of disheartening to hear that LECOM dishes out a lot of IIs and then throws everyone on the waitlist…but oh well onward we go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ best of luck to everyone still waiting and everyone who already got the II
Almost ruined my day but I decided to not let the disappointment get to me. I feel lucky to even have received an II after a sad cycle last year. But cheers to us and everyone else here- hoping for the best for all of us.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Almost ruined my day but I decided to not let the disappointment get to me. I feel lucky to even have received an II after a sad cycle last year. But cheers to us and everyone else here- hoping for the best for all of us.
I decided to ignore it for the time being. I don't need that negativity in my life lol

• Care
II for Erie, but info session dates are filling up fast. Earliest I could schedule for is 11/5.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get the on campus tour invite for Elmira. Is this for all applicants or only interviewees?

Congrats to everyone getting IIs! Kinda disheartening though since I've been complete since 6/28 and have had complete radio silence since then. Here's to hoping for good news soon for everyone!

hey is the DO letter still a hard requirement for LECOM?
I don't think so. I can't speak for the other campuses but Elmira required a pre-health committee/equivalent letter and two science professors. There wasn't a mention of a DO letter requirement.

Just did the asynchronous interview, I don't think it was terrible.

My questions were: introduction (2 min), why osteopathic med (1.5 min), experience that helped you w personal development, ethics/situational question, a decision you've made.

And incase others were wondering too, you get to see the timer as you record your response.

My questions were: introduction (2 min), why osteopathic med (1.5 min), experience that helped you w personal development, ethics/situational question, a decision you've made.

And incase others were wondering too, you get to see the timer as you record your response.
Same experience! Just to add, you have 1 minute to prepare after reading the question.

Had quite a lot of IT difficulties as it's a bit of a clunky system and takes a while for the 1.5min video to upload. They have a chat feature tho so that was helpful.

Does selecting the PBL as my top choice decrease my chances of acceptance as opposed to LDP? Does campus ranking also factor into chances of acceptance? LDP sounds terrible for my learning style but I would be willing to bite the bullet for two years. Any insight is appreciated.

Does selecting the PBL as my top choice decrease my chances of acceptance as opposed to LDP? Does campus ranking also factor into chances of acceptance? LDP sounds terrible for my learning style but I would be willing to bite the bullet for two years. Any insight is appreciated.
I have a few friends at LECOM - no it’s just hard to switch from LDP to any other pathway bc they are more desired over lecture based!

I don’t think it makes a big difference

Did any of your folders got populated ? My info session is this week and in the folder its still its showing as not received

Did any of your folders got populated ? My info session is this week and in the folder its still its showing as not received
According to the supplement application complete email I received from the Bradenton campus it states, "Clicking "Required Letters and Credits" near the bottom of the Admissions page will show any deficiencies in coursework or letters of recommendation. Required Letters and Credits will be updated when both portions of your interview are complete."

Not sure if this applies to Erie as well, but seems logical at this point. Anyone who has completed both portions of the interview may be able to confirm or deny this.

I had my info session on the 13th for Elmira and my folder items are still not populated, anyone else?

What's the introduction about? Like talking about your traits?

Just heard from the info session that those whose folders aren't updated, will be during one or two weeks after your info session. Campuses are still sort of behind the process due to processing the past year and administering this year applications.

Last edited:
Anybody still have their app in review after submitting over a month ago?

BTW does anyone know what is the minimum MCAT/ GPA require for Early decision program ?