2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you!! Do you know how to find out which dates are reserved for NY residents?
its like the first saturday of every month but they send an email with all the dates and there are specific ones marked off for NY residents

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea last year the first decisions came on the 29th so hopefully sooner rather than later

Last year due to covid they sent out the interviews early in july and then decisions in august. This year they are working such that 2 weeks after your info session, they will review your file and see if the things are complete. if the campus likes you they will send for a final review to Erie which is the headquarter of decision making. All the best to the applicants!!

Reactions: 1 user
oh god thought I had time now I just have panic
I feel you there. But I think it's like it could start Aug 29th and go through to Sept 29th cause it depends on our interview date too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel you there. But I think it's like it could start Aug 29th and go through to Sept 29th cause it depends on our interview date too.
oh yeah true mine was beginning of august but I know there were interviews before mine

I just completed my interview for SH (info session on Tuesday 8/31) and I just wanna emphasize that all the info in this thread and that one reddit post linked in this thread as well are helpful in preparing for the interview. We all don't get the same questions, but I used those to prep and I didn't see any surprises in the questions I received. Good luck :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
You choose your decision preference and learning pathway at the info session correct?

Hoping I get an II from here as I've gotten one from Bradenton already. Is it harder to get in here than the one in Florida?

Hoping I get an II from here as I've gotten one from Bradenton already. Is it harder to get in here than the one in Florida?
What I have heard is that it is more competitive for LECOM-Bradenton as there are a lot of applicants there. However each school looks for different things in applicants so who knows. I am not an adcom so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Thank you!! Do you know how to find out which dates are reserved for NY residents?
+1 II for Elmira. My email didn't say anything about how to sign up for an info session on the portal, or about specific dates for NY residents. It also did not have any attachments. I just went to the portal and signed up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+1 II for Elmira. My email didn't say anything about how to sign up for an info session on the portal, or about specific dates for NY residents. It also did not have any attachments. I just went to the portal and signed up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Same!! The email did not even have any attachments, so I was so confused

You should get an email from Noreply and one from elmirainterviewews, the latter has the attatchments.

If you interviewed at one campus (I interviewed at Seton Hill) then do you interview at other campuses like Erie/Elmira too? or is interviewing at one like interviewing for all 3?

For all the early decision people at Elmira, should we start the anticipation of checking the portal/ our mail everyday since it's August 29th now? Lol

hi friends & comrades, help. so I am way extra late to the game, took my MCAT 07/17 submitted my primaries 07/18. Was verified within a few days, and received/submitted my secondary 08/24 (a week after getting my MCAT score back). my committee letter, official MCAT scores, secondary etc. have all been received, and it says "under review" for Erie (no folders populating). **does this mean "complete"?** I'm a grandmother when it comes to SND terminology.

STATS stuff: I'm a "non-traditional" applicant, miserable undergrad GPA (like a 3.2), 3.7 for my masters cGPA (which was like 30 credits of straight bio and bch so hopefully it goes toward my sGPA?) and a 506 on my MCAT. worked as a medical scribe/TA in grad school and have worked in 3 research labs (none of which I have authorship thru, just an acknowledgement on a publication). I think my LM score is like a 65 or 66 or something.

since I applied so late in the cycle, do we think there is hope? if so, how long are people waiting between receiving the "under review" status and receiving II's?

I applied to a few other DO's and just one MD (University at Buffalo, go bills :D), and submitted my primaries before getting my MCAT back and now I'm torn- like do I start studying to take the MCAT again? for those still reading: pls bless me with any insight. thank u beautiful baby doctor friends. sending you all love and luck, trust your process!!!!!!! (wish I could take my own advice lol).

hi friends & comrades, help. so I am way extra late to the game, took my MCAT 07/17 submitted my primaries 07/18. Was verified within a few days, and received/submitted my secondary 08/24 (a week after getting my MCAT score back). my committee letter, official MCAT scores, secondary etc. have all been received, and it says "under review" for Erie (no folders populating). **does this mean "complete"?** I'm a grandmother when it comes to SND terminology.

STATS stuff: I'm a "non-traditional" applicant, miserable undergrad GPA (like a 3.2), 3.7 for my masters cGPA (which was like 30 credits of straight bio and bch so hopefully it goes toward my sGPA?) and a 506 on my MCAT. worked as a medical scribe/TA in grad school and have worked in 3 research labs (none of which I have authorship thru, just an acknowledgement on a publication). I think my LM score is like a 65 or 66 or something.

since I applied so late in the cycle, do we think there is hope? if so, how long are people waiting between receiving the "under review" status and receiving II's?

I applied to a few other DO's and just one MD (University at Buffalo, go bills :D), and submitted my primaries before getting my MCAT back and now I'm torn- like do I start studying to take the MCAT again? for those still reading: pls bless me with any insight. thank u beautiful baby doctor friends. sending you all love and luck, trust your process!!!!!!! (wish I could take my own advice lol).
I feel like it's a gamble either way. People act like there's some real algorithm for this whole process: "you gotta have a 5xx and at least a 3.x to get in!", etc. Truth is our stats are quite similar, but I got a 504 on the MCAT and I was in their first wave of interview invites. No idea what they saw in my application, but I'm glad they did!! I wish there was a perfect answer for you. All I can say is, if you feel like you want/need to retake the MCAT, go for it. Just remember, the later it gets in the cycle the more you're delaying being considered.

If it were me (and it kinda is), I say wait and see if you get in this cycle. If not, study for a retake, crush it, and apply again!

Good luck to ya :)

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like it's a gamble either way. People act like there's some real algorithm for this whole process: "you gotta have a 5xx and at least a 3.x to get in!", etc. Truth is our stats are quite similar, but I got a 504 on the MCAT and I was in their first wave of interview invites. No idea what they saw in my application, but I'm glad they did!! I wish there was a perfect answer for you. All I can say is, if you feel like you want/need to retake the MCAT, go for it. Just remember, the later it gets in the cycle the more you're delaying being considered.

If it were me (and it kinda is), I say wait and see if you get in this cycle. If not, study for a retake, crush it, and apply again!

To retweet this I got a 498 MCAT. I got an interview here (2 in total at this point) and medium GPA. Stats are not everything. Also I’m ORM as well.

Reactions: 5 users
When you do the virtual interview, is there a timer on the screen when you're talking?

thank you, i really appreciate your insight!! and thats amazing, so exciting to hear that you got an interview. i'm sure it went great. wishing you all the luck!

To retweet this I got a 498 MCAT. I got an interview here (2 in total at this point) and medium GPA. Stats are not everything. Also I’m ORM as well.
thank u for sharing! appreciate your insight, stats are not everything you're right. good luck!

feel like im going crazy waiting to hear back!! don't know how I'm going to get through this month LOL

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
feel like im going crazy waiting to hear back!! don't know how I'm going to get through this month LOL
Same, I've been checking my informed delivery like crazy and get anxious every time I see a package (includes priority mail- bigger envelopes).

I didn't apply early decision, (haven't interviewed yet), does that mean I have to wait for November 15?

does anyone know if our portal gets updated when decisions are sent out?

• Hmm
does anyone know if our portal gets updated when decisions are sent out?
That's a good question. Another candidate who interviewed got an email update that a decision was made, but said their portal didn't update. That was for SH. Don't know if they got their snail mail yet.

does anyone receive any indication that their application is now being sent to review by committee for 8/20(info session) ?

does anyone receive any indication that their application is now being sent to review by committee for 8/20(info session) ?
Bruh, I haven't heard anything and my info session was 7/31... chill. You'll get your decision via snail mail 🐌📬 we might not get any notification until after it's been sent.

Anyone know what percentage of those interviewed are offered a spot? Erie campus.

Since our interview was not with an actual person, did you guys send a thank you letter for the interview to LECOM?

I didn't apply early decision, (haven't interviewed yet), does that mean I have to wait for November 15?
You select a method of notification after your information session: early decision or regular decision. With early decision you hear back before or by 9/30 and you have to pay a nonrefundable deposit of $1500 within 30 days. With regular decision, you hear back after November 15.

• Love
When is LECOM Erie releasing their first decisions?

Bruh, I haven't heard anything and my info session was 7/31... chill. You'll get your decision via snail mail 🐌📬 we might not get any notification until after it's been sent.
Yeah the reason i ask was that some of us mentioned that he was notified that his application was sent to committee after the info session so i was wondering if that system exist ! however at this point seems like wait is our answer.

Yeah the reason i ask was that some of us mentioned that he was notified that his application was sent to committee after the info session so i was wondering if that system exist ! however at this point seems like wait is our answer.
That person interviewed at SH and that campus might do things differently than Erie or Elmira. And to be honest their info could have just been decided only at SH and sent to Erie for the final decision cause everything has to go through Erie before it gets sent to applicants.
Didn't mean to come off as rude, but there were July interviews and early August. And we'll update when we get news.

Hey guys! So I applied to the Elmira campus but apparently, there is no group for that campus. Or at least I couldn't find it on here. After we interview, they send us an email with info regarding the info session and also a sign up to have an in person on-campus visit. Does anyone know if we are required to visit campus? I kinda don't want to because it's a 6 hour drive from me...