2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone - long story short, for some reason I didn't get an interview email BUT got the "reminder: you have been selected for an interview" email (which is great!) but when I looked at the available dates for the Zoom session, the earliest one is in November which imo is SUPER late especially since this is a school I'm serious about. Is there any way to get that zoom session earlier and be considered earlier???

They gave a list of emails to reschedule/cancel sessions so should I reach out to someone, and is there anything in particular I should say?

Hi everyone - long story short, for some reason I didn't get an interview email BUT got the "reminder: you have been selected for an interview" email (which is great!) but when I looked at the available dates for the Zoom session, the earliest one is in November which imo is SUPER late especially since this is a school I'm serious about. Is there any way to get that zoom session earlier and be considered earlier???

They gave a list of emails to reschedule/cancel sessions so should I reach out to someone, and is there anything in particular I should say?

I personally reached out but was told to check the portal for earlier days, but at least on my end, there's not a way to change my date or even cancel without emailing, so it was confusing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Had the informational session for Elmira today. It was pretty informative and relaxed. During which, I received a text from LECOM saying "We will contact you soon with a decision." Anybody else get one?

Reactions: 1 user
Had the informational session for Elmira today. It was pretty informative and relaxed. During which, I received a text from LECOM saying "We will contact you soon with a decision." Anybody else get one?
Is your folder items populated yet by chance? Had mine last week with no items

For the pathway selection form there's an early decision option to hear back from Elmira soon. Is this option binding or similar to early decision of MD schools? I'm worried that selecting this would prevent me from being able to attend another school if accepted.

For the pathway selection form there's an early decision option to hear back from Elmira soon. Is this option binding or similar to early decision of MD schools? I'm worried that selecting this would prevent me from being able to attend another school if accepted.
It’s not binding, they mentioned this during the session I believe

Has anyone else’s status not changed from “We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you?”

Mine was submitted end of June and it hasn’t changed, though I know there is that second message most people have gotten. I am considering calling them.

Reactions: 2 users
Received an email saying that my interview batch will be sent to the committee this week.... Best of luck fellow 8/11 folks!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an email saying that my interview batch will be sent to the committee this week.... Best of luck fellow 8/11 folks!!
Makes me kind of nervous as I had my interview 7/30 for Erie campus.

Has anybody had any success with getting their zoom session moved up earlier?

No, that's what makes me scared. But maybe it's different for the other campuses.
Check your portal 0-0 Maybe it says something like "decision made" or something..... I hope you'll be hearing something positive through the mail in the nearing week or two. Since you interviewed earlier maybe you'll get news earlier. Keep us posted <3

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Check your portal 0-0 Maybe it says something like "decision made" or something..... I hope you'll be hearing something positive through the mail in the nearing week or two. Since you interviewed earlier maybe you'll get news earlier. Keep us posted <3
Oh yeah I haven't checked my portal in like a week or so, I'll do that!
I definitely know I'll get something in the mail in the next couple of weeks since I did early decision- I'll keep you guys updated.

**Edit: portal just says thanks for interviewing you will be updated when admissions makes a decision on your application.

Last edited:
  • Love
Oh yeah I haven't checked my portal in like a week or so, I'll do that!
I definitely know I'll get something in the mail in the next couple of weeks since I did early decision- I'll keep you guys updated.

**Edit: portal just says thanks for interviewing you will be updated when admissions makes a decision on your application.
Hm, I interviewed for SH. Maybe it is different for each school as you said. But my portal says the same thing, so they probably haven't 1) reviewed you yet or 2) haven't decided. Both are better than the R word.... Best of luck!

Hm, I interviewed for SH. Maybe it is different for each school as you said. But my portal says the same thing, so they probably haven't 1) reviewed you yet or 2) haven't decided. Both are better than the R word.... Best of luck!
Yes, we will see! And thank you. Good luck to you as well and keep us updated too!

Dang people getting interview decisions while my portal has been frozen at “review in process” for months lol

• Care
Dang people getting interview decisions while my portal has been frozen at “review in process” for months lol
No official decisions yet! They just let me know that my complete application is finally being sent to the committee for review. Mine was for the SH campus, and each school's process might be totally different as dr.batman said. Definitely check if your folders are updated or if there is anything missing though.

To clarify, you can get an interview from any of the three campuses and then they decide which campus to ultimately place you in? Or do you only have a shot at the campus that interviews you?

No official decisions yet! They just let me know that my complete application is finally being sent to the committee for review. Mine was for the SH campus, and each school's process might be totally different as dr.batman said. Definitely check if your folders are updated or if there is anything missing though.
Did you call to ask about the status of your application though? I have been "under review" since late July.

To clarify, you can get an interview from any of the three campuses and then they decide which campus to ultimately place you in? Or do you only have a shot at the campus that interviews you?
yes, any campus will send u the interview invite and then within the pathway selection form, you have to decide which one you are interested in. Lake Erie campus handles all the final applications to make decisions on acceptances.

Did you call to ask about the status of your application though? I have been "under review" since late July.
Nope, I never called them. I only interviewed about 2.5 weeks ago, and the day after my info session, my status changed to "thanks for interviewing, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application." It's still at that status right now. If you've already interviewed and your status hasn't changed to indicate that you have (or that your app is sent out), maybe call? It might be that SH does it this way, and whatever campus you applied for does it differently... but if you haven't reached out before, maybe doing so wouldn't look bad.

Do they email you the zoom link for the info session? Have mine on Friday and have not gotten one yet.

I'm a student guide (aka someone who would be on the Student panel)- the dates are basically set, there's 2 per month(ish) probably because they interview 40 students at each (or that's the max I think). I know people who were accepted in March or much later, don't sweat a november date. (this is for SH, I don't know about erie or elmira's campuses, but probably along the same lines)

Do you guys actually see green check marks next to the items because mine just says "received" and has dates next to them but I can't see green check marks?

Do you guys actually see green check marks next to the items because mine just says "received" and has dates next to them but I can't see green check marks?
That is what mine is like, you're good!

Interview Invite for Seton Hill!
OOS
cGPA: 3.4x
sGPA: 3.6x
MCAT: 498

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
For those who have received II: have you received an invite from your top choice campus (placed as #1 on your app)?

Do they send a complete email or is July 28th the date you submitted your secondary?
They sent a processed my secondary email out then. It just said application is in review til today where it changed.

I wanted to but realized it was like 40 minutes long... but if you go and happen to ask about when decisions would be released please lmk :)
Yea last year the first decisions came on the 29th so hopefully sooner rather than later

Just received an II for Elmira. It said the video should be submitted no later than the Monday of the week of your informational session. But I have no idea when the informational session is? Do they send an email?

Just received an II for Elmira. It said the video should be submitted no later than the Monday of the week of your informational session. But I have no idea when the informational session is? Do they send an email?
You sign up on the portal for the info session. Remember there’s certain dates reserved for NY residents so avoid those.