2021-2022 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted 8/9, nothing yet.

IS, RD

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s only been a week,
Relax
I understand that it has only been a week, I was only asking this because a friend of mine had a turn around time of exactly 1 week. Therefore, I believe it is reasonable to hear back by the end of the week, hopefully?

I understand that it has only been a week, I was only asking this because a friend of mine had a turn around time of exactly 1 week. Therefore, I believe it is reasonable to hear back by the end of the week, hopefully?
If you’re RD, i dont think anyone has heard anything for RD. I submitted the day I got the secondary like august 3 or 4 and still haven’t heard anything!

I submitted ED.
I am in a similar position as you. I submitted my secondary on 7/11 for ED but haven’t heard anything. I interviewed and was subsequently waitlisted last cycle so I’m definitely a little nervous as to why I haven’t heard anything yet.

First interview invite for MUSM regular decision !!! I do not have high stats at all, just in state and submitted secondary August 10th

Reactions: 9 users
First interview invite for MUSM regular decision !!! I do not have high stats at all, just in state and submitted secondary August 10th
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Reactions: 4 users
I am in a similar position as you. I submitted my secondary on 7/11 for ED but haven’t heard anything. I interviewed and was subsequently waitlisted last cycle so I’m definitely a little nervous as to why I haven’t heard anything yet.
Dang, I hate to hear that! Maybe one or both of us will hear back by the end of the week!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received an II besides the one person for RD?

RD II received today!
complete 8/5
LM 69
ORM

Those who received interview invites, what are the earliest dates available for Interviews?

Those who received interview invites, what are the earliest dates available for Interviews?
I believe there were a couple days on the week of 9/20

RD interviews don't begin until 9/28

Last edited:
Do we know if Mercer is releasing any II's this week? I figured they would send them out today or possibly Friday. I know some schools release them in batches every ~3 weeks and wasn't sure if Mercer is such a school.

Have you heard anything back regarding an interview?

II received just now! LM 75, complete 8/5, ORM

Reactions: 2 users
II received today at 1:30 ish. 500 MCAT, 3.5 GPA, URM.

Reactions: 4 users
Complete 8/9, nothing yet

Anyone else playing the waiting game?

Reactions: 2 users
II!!
IS , MCAT 510, GPA 3.45 URM

II today!!! Complete 08/12. IS. URM. LizzyM 71. Ive been waiting for eons!

II Today! Complete 8/14

Congrats everyone! I hope to be in your shoes at some point.

Reactions: 7 users
Hey everybody,
I received my first II EVER here Tuesday morning, so I'm REALLY stoked about that!!!!! Has anyone here had their interview already? If so, how was it and did it go well (I REALLY hope so)??? ..... :) :smuggrin: :cool::clap::soexcited:

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
For recent II receivers, what are the earliest interview dates available?

Hey guys, did any of you use the entire 230 word limit for this question:

"Do you consider yourself to have been raised or to be residing in an area that is medically underserved or in a county that consists of medically underserved populations? By medically underserved we mean populations vulnerable to poor health due to difficulties accessing adequate health care services. This may be due to factors including but not limited to: education level; poverty; being uninsured or underinsured; lack of a usual source of care other than the emergency department; belonging to a socially marginalized group with poorer health outcomes; cultural or language barriers to receiving quality medical care; distance or lack of transportation to needed medical care. Please explain."

I am struggling to write more than a few sentences for it. How did you approach it?

Thanks!

Hey guys, did any of you use the entire 230 word limit for this question:

"Do you consider yourself to have been raised or to be residing in an area that is medically underserved or in a county that consists of medically underserved populations? By medically underserved we mean populations vulnerable to poor health due to difficulties accessing adequate health care services. This may be due to factors including but not limited to: education level; poverty; being uninsured or underinsured; lack of a usual source of care other than the emergency department; belonging to a socially marginalized group with poorer health outcomes; cultural or language barriers to receiving quality medical care; distance or lack of transportation to needed medical care. Please explain."

I am struggling to write more than a few sentences for it. How did you approach it?

Thanks!
Even though my hometown is not an underserved area, I wrote about neighborhoods in the same county that were underserved. Also attended college in an underserved area, which I wrote about. So I think you can write about your experiences with underserved areas in general.

Even though my hometown is not an underserved area, I wrote about neighborhoods in the same county that were underserved. Also attended college in an underserved area, which I wrote about. So I think you can write about your experiences with underserved areas in general.
That makes sense. Thanks for sharing!