You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Congrats! This is my dream school as well 🙁 I'm on holdII!! IS, LM 69, complete mid Aug. I am absolutely shaking this is my dream school 😭🙏
They sent us this after interviewing FWIW
Would love to know of anyone who didn't have a decision made on 10/20 and what time you interviewed, to try and grasp how long after the interviews they usually make decisions.
edit: there are people in this thread who heard back before 10/20 so perhaps these are tentative dates.
Would love to know of anyone who didn't have a decision made on 10/20 and what time you interviewed, to try and grasp how long after the interviews they usually make decisions.
edit: there are people in this thread who heard back before 10/20 so perhaps these are tentative dates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Do we know if these are II and admissions decisions or just accepted/rejection/WL decisions
From the context I would have to assume it's A/R/WL decisions.Do we know if these are II and admissions decisions or just accepted/rejection/WL decisions
me. Complete late july and silenceWas anyone else complete in July and still hasnt heard anything?
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Look on your portal to see if you are on holdme. Complete late july and silence
where would we see that? what tab?Look on your portal to see if you are on hold
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Status tabwhere would we see that? what tab?
nah dont see anything :/ wonder what the silence means 🙁(Status tab
Silly question but when people say the abbreviated name out loud, is it pronounced "M.S.U. Chem" or do they say every letter like "M.S.U. C.H.M."?
The latter!Silly question but when people say the abbreviated name out loud, is it pronounced "M.S.U. Chem" or do they say every letter like "M.S.U. C.H.M."?
Would you mind screen shotting what that looks like?Status tab
Curious how the portal changes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never received a secondary and just received an email reminding me to submit my secondary... LOL
It may have went to your spam folder. The same thing happened to me and I only noticed 3 weeks after they sent the secondary.Never received a secondary and just received an email reminding me to submit my secondary... LOL
Sadly not :/ I check my spam regularlyIt may have went to your spam folder. The same thing happened to me and I only noticed 3 weeks after they sent the secondary.
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
They are super cool people there. Send them an email maybe?Sadly not :/ I check my spam regularly
Never received a secondary and just received an email reminding me to submit my secondary... LOL
Wondering if you were waiting on another email after the July “we messed up” email. I was anticipating another email saying they were inviting me to complete secondary and never got one. I just happened to check the portal just to see if the secondary was open and it was. Seems that premature secondary invite email in July messed with a good portion of applicants.Received an email yesterday saying I didn’t send them my Casper score 🤦🏻♀️ Sent it yesterday and got the “forwarded for preliminary review” just now 🙃
drstrangee
New Member
noticed I got pulled off hold on the portal, but no II or R yet, this happen to anyone else?
Under where exactly did u see “hold”noticed I got pulled off hold on the portal, but no II or R yet, this happen to anyone else?
SameIt just says application complete in the status tab, it doesn't indicate if i'm on hold or not?
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
How did you know you were pulled from the "hold" list?noticed I got pulled off hold on the portal, but no II or R yet, this happen to anyone else?
drstrangee
New Member
I honestly don’t remember but I think it was under the status tab. I don’t remember if it was a little blurb at the top like GW does or if it was an actual “status” at the bottom.Under where exactly did u see “hold”
drstrangee
New Member
The hold message on the status tab just disappeared is all I meant by thatHow did you know you were pulled from the "hold" list?
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Rats. Mine is still on thereThe hold message on the status tab just disappeared is all I meant by that
Countrychkn
Full Member
Just got the pre-II R for MD/PhD. OOS, 3.6 GPA, 515 MCAT, complete August 22. They sent me an email on October 15 asking to forward my app from MD to MD/PhD review.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Why did you need to forward it from MD to MD/PhD? Did you change your mind?Just got the pre-II R for MD/PhD. OOS, 3.6 GPA, 515 MCAT, complete August 22. They sent me an email on October 15 asking to forward my app from MD to MD/PhD review.
Countrychkn
Full Member
No. They weirdly emailed me and said they needed my written permission to forward it to the PhD program. I guess they don't have an integrated system or something. Haven't had anything like that for the other MD/PhD programs I've heard back from.Why did you need to forward it from MD to MD/PhD? Did you change your mind?
Yes! I've been waiting for someone to break the silence. Congrats, according to the portal they were scheduled to do decisions 11/3 and 11/10 and you're the first I'm seeing here or anywhere else that's discussed getting an A in November so far.Got the call for an A yesterday and an email this morning! Interviewed 10/22, IS. Its been a rough couple years of reapplying fam but we made it
Congrats again!
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Did anything happen after the Hold was removed from your portal?The hold message on the status tab just disappeared is all I meant by that
D
deleted1022805
Where do you see if your placed on hold or not?
drstrangee
New Member
Nope, nothing! :/ I’m OOS, so maybe they’re just starting to get to more of those? No idea thoughDid anything happen after the Hold was removed from your portal?
On status tab, maybe someone who’s currently on hold can share a screenshot!Where do you see if your placed on hold or not?
Electr0phile
New Member
Just got my pre-II R from MSU. 522 MCAT, 3.71 GPA
when were you complete? did they email you or do you see it on the portal? Also do you mean pre secondary or pre interview invite?Just got my pre-II R from MSU. 522 MCAT, 3.71 GPA
Electr0phile
New Member
when were you complete? did they email you or do you see it on the portal? Also do you mean pre secondary or pre interview invite?
Completed the secondary 7/24, got emailed the rejection letter today. Didn’t get any hold or anything, just silence until today
D
deleted1022805
Completed the secondary 7/24, got emailed the rejection letter today. Didn’t get any hold or anything, just silence until t
Are you OOS or ISCompleted the secondary 7/24, got emailed the rejection letter today. Didn’t get any hold or anything, just silence until today
Electr0phile
New Member
Are you OOS or IS
IS
D
deleted1022805
Do you feel like you weren’t a good fit for the school? Only reason why I’m asking is you got pretty good stats.
Electr0phile
New Member
Do you feel like you weren’t a good fit for the school? Only reason why I’m asking is you got pretty good stats.
Honestly I’m not really sure, this whole process seems pretty random to me sometimes - but yeah, the adcoms at MSU probably just didn’t vibe with my story, essays, and/or ECs. Personally I thought my essays were decent though and I was genuinely interested in their program.
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Ugh I probably have no chance then. I am on hold right now with a 50X mcatHonestly I’m not really sure, this whole process seems pretty random to me sometimes - but yeah, the adcoms at MSU probably just didn’t vibe with my story, essays, and/or ECs. Personally I thought my essays were decent though and I was genuinely interested in their program.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just my 2 cents, most of the people I know (n = 16) who have been accepted to MSU have fallen in the 50x range of scores. I think at MSU they really care about fit to mission, so don't count yourself out yet!Ugh I probably have no chance then. I am on hold right now with a 50X mcat
Electr0phile
New Member
Ugh I probably have no chance then. I am on hold right now with a 50X mcat
I wouldn’t say that at all! The admissions process is so complex with so many moving parts and the MCAT score is truly only one piece of that. Keep your chin up and be confident in yourself! Everyone brings their own unique set of stories and experiences to the table and ultimately it’s up to the adcoms to decide who they vibe with most.
I think a hold means there's still a chance? Like my feeling (and my feelings only lol) are that if they need to look back at who else to interview I'd imagine they'll look at their 'hold' list? I have had no communication at all and I submitted 8/9 so that feels more like an upcoming pre-II rejection for me :/ However I know there are others that maybe submitted before that haven't heard back either so it's hard to know what to feel lolUgh I probably have no chance then. I am on hold right now with a 50X mcat
Anyone interview late September still waiting for their decision?