2021-2022 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
8/15. They also said they are running a little behind on admissions. So if you haven't heard back yet, then you might soon!
Lol I’m mid September sounds good

Members don't see this ad.

II!! IS, LM 69, complete mid Aug. I am absolutely shaking this is my dream school 😭🙏

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They sent us this after interviewing FWIW

msu decision dates.PNG

Would love to know of anyone who didn't have a decision made on 10/20 and what time you interviewed, to try and grasp how long after the interviews they usually make decisions.

edit: there are people in this thread who heard back before 10/20 so perhaps these are tentative dates.

Do we know if these are II and admissions decisions or just accepted/rejection/WL decisions

Was anyone else complete in July and still hasnt heard anything?

Reactions: 1 user
Silly question but when people say the abbreviated name out loud, is it pronounced "M.S.U. Chem" or do they say every letter like "M.S.U. C.H.M."?

Members don't see this ad :)
II received about 3 hours ago! Complete 7/15 ish

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Never received a secondary and just received an email reminding me to submit my secondary... LOL

Received an email yesterday saying I didn’t send them my Casper score 🤦🏻‍♀️ Sent it yesterday and got the “forwarded for preliminary review” just now 🙃

Last edited:
Never received a secondary and just received an email reminding me to submit my secondary... LOL
It may have went to your spam folder. The same thing happened to me and I only noticed 3 weeks after they sent the secondary.

Received an email yesterday saying I didn’t send them my Casper score 🤦🏻‍♀️ Sent it yesterday and got the “forwarded for preliminary review” just now 🙃
Wondering if you were waiting on another email after the July “we messed up” email. I was anticipating another email saying they were inviting me to complete secondary and never got one. I just happened to check the portal just to see if the secondary was open and it was. Seems that premature secondary invite email in July messed with a good portion of applicants.

• Sad
noticed I got pulled off hold on the portal, but no II or R yet, this happen to anyone else?

It just says application complete in the status tab, it doesn't indicate if i'm on hold or not?

Under where exactly did u see “hold”
I honestly don’t remember but I think it was under the status tab. I don’t remember if it was a little blurb at the top like GW does or if it was an actual “status” at the bottom.

Just got the pre-II R for MD/PhD. OOS, 3.6 GPA, 515 MCAT, complete August 22. They sent me an email on October 15 asking to forward my app from MD to MD/PhD review.

• Care
Just got the pre-II R for MD/PhD. OOS, 3.6 GPA, 515 MCAT, complete August 22. They sent me an email on October 15 asking to forward my app from MD to MD/PhD review.
Why did you need to forward it from MD to MD/PhD? Did you change your mind?

Why did you need to forward it from MD to MD/PhD? Did you change your mind?
No. They weirdly emailed me and said they needed my written permission to forward it to the PhD program. I guess they don't have an integrated system or something. Haven't had anything like that for the other MD/PhD programs I've heard back from.

Got the call for an A yesterday and an email this morning! Interviewed 10/22, IS. Its been a rough couple years of reapplying fam but we made it

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the call for an A yesterday and an email this morning! Interviewed 10/22, IS. Its been a rough couple years of reapplying fam but we made it
Yes! I've been waiting for someone to break the silence. Congrats, according to the portal they were scheduled to do decisions 11/3 and 11/10 and you're the first I'm seeing here or anywhere else that's discussed getting an A in November so far.

Congrats again!

• Care
when were you complete? did they email you or do you see it on the portal? Also do you mean pre secondary or pre interview invite?

Completed the secondary 7/24, got emailed the rejection letter today. Didn’t get any hold or anything, just silence until today

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Do you feel like you weren’t a good fit for the school? Only reason why I’m asking is you got pretty good stats.

Honestly I’m not really sure, this whole process seems pretty random to me sometimes - but yeah, the adcoms at MSU probably just didn’t vibe with my story, essays, and/or ECs. Personally I thought my essays were decent though and I was genuinely interested in their program.

Honestly I’m not really sure, this whole process seems pretty random to me sometimes - but yeah, the adcoms at MSU probably just didn’t vibe with my story, essays, and/or ECs. Personally I thought my essays were decent though and I was genuinely interested in their program.
Ugh I probably have no chance then. I am on hold right now with a 50X mcat

Just my 2 cents, most of the people I know (n = 16) who have been accepted to MSU have fallen in the 50x range of scores. I think at MSU they really care about fit to mission, so don't count yourself out yet!

Reactions: 1 users

I wouldn’t say that at all! The admissions process is so complex with so many moving parts and the MCAT score is truly only one piece of that. Keep your chin up and be confident in yourself! Everyone brings their own unique set of stories and experiences to the table and ultimately it’s up to the adcoms to decide who they vibe with most.

I think a hold means there's still a chance? Like my feeling (and my feelings only lol) are that if they need to look back at who else to interview I'd imagine they'll look at their 'hold' list? I have had no communication at all and I submitted 8/9 so that feels more like an upcoming pre-II rejection for me :/ However I know there are others that maybe submitted before that haven't heard back either so it's hard to know what to feel lol

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone here who has already interviewed would be willing to offer some friendly pre-interview advice? TIA!