2021-2022 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete 8/28/21 and forwarded for preliminary review, and haven't heard anything since. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm slightly concerned that something may have happened since my status hasn't even changed to a "pre-interview hold," as outlined in their email. IS, 509, 3.88 cGPA, 4th quartile in CASPer, with hundreds of clinical work.
Same as well, 510/ 3.9/ IS/ ORM. I have a few theories as to why we hear nothing.

1. MSUCHM does most of their interviews in January as they like to compare applicant (per their website), so applicants who are not spectacular (URM, high stats, amazing EC) are mostly reviewed then.

2. There are just soooo many applicants that our scores are average rather than competitive (last year their avg mcat went up to 509, so I feel some semblance of truth applies here) so we are softly rejected and MSU likes rejecting folks at the end of the cycle.

3. We have a red flag in out app that isn't apparent and we are soft rejected. Like #2 MSU likes rejecting people late.

If someone has more info about when MSU rejects people (and how late) feel free to chime in.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I should have simply been more patient! Haha two days after posting they sent me an II. Hang in there everyone, I know it's stressful, and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does MSUCHM accept updates/LOI?

Edit: disregard, I read that they do not.

Last edited:
Just got the call for a II, so if anyone's still waiting there's still hope! Complete 7/24
Scheduled for Jan 14th, but only because they had a cancellation so I'm not sure how many dates are left.

Reactions: 1 user
Complete Late August, IS, yet still says forwarded for preliminary review; not even Pre-II hold. Anyone else in this situation?

Reactions: 2 users
Complete Late August, IS, yet still says forwarded for preliminary review; not even Pre-II hold. Anyone else in this situation?
I completed it 1 week after receiving the secondary and I am still forwarded for prelim review as well. At this point I am expecting to worse (510/3.9/I in case you are wondering).

Yeah same.. submitted first week in September and IS and just nothing :( idk what to do

I was never placed under a hold - my portal said forwarded for preliminary review up until they called

Members don't see this ad :)
Was Forwarded for Preliminary review on 9/23 and Im still hoping for an interview but starting to lose hope.

ORM, 3.52 GPA, 510 MCAT, 4th Quartile Casper.

Good ECs in my opinion. I don't know what else I can do at this point. I feel like this school is the most suitable for me which was why I put my heart into the secondaries.....

Im sorry about that. I have been down this road and it is tough but keep your head up. It will work out in the end
Pre-II rejection just now. Good luck to those still waiting!

II! Just Now Complete Mid-August! 3.61c 3.5s 501 MCAT URM IS!

II today too URM IS complete in like august lol

I just got a continued interest email. They are asking applicants who are no longer interested in the school to let them know.

I am still interested in going to this school! AM I SUPPOSED TO REPLY STATING THAT ?

I just got a continued interest email. They are asking applicants who are no longer interested in the school to let them know.

I am still interested in going to this school! AM I SUPPOSED TO REPLY STATING THAT ?
Yes you should 😊

Reactions: 2 users
I just interviewed yesterday 😰😰😰😰those of you who hear back post interview, was it the typical 30 days? Longer? Shorter??

I just interviewed yesterday 😰😰😰😰those of you who hear back post interview, was it the typical 30 days? Longer? Shorter??
Interview buddy! I was there with you yesterday. Fingers crossed it's A's for both of us 😊

Is there an accepted student groupme? Just signed up for first look but would love to chat with others beforehand

I interviewed 11/19 and have not gotten any updates...there has been 2 release dates since my interview. Hoping to hear back 1/19.

Interviewed 11/5 and I just got the A call! 😭

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anymore interview invites ? I worked so hard for that 510 (i know its an average score) and I really like this school and their mission

Any accepted students know if there's a Facebook group yet? Also anyone planning on attending the First Look Day in February?

Last edited:
No it just says forwarded for preliminary review on 9/23

:/
Don’t give up! Believe! I was never placed on a hold or anything. I received an invite on a Friday. I hope you hear back soon with good news.

Anyone hear anything back for us waitlisted applicants? I know that the most movement happens in April/May, but I'm dying here lol

Anyone with an II know where to upload interview day paperwork in the application portal?

Anyone with an II know where to upload interview day paperwork in the application portal?
Your portal should be updated with an "Interview" tab, and after clicking on it there should be several more tabs for you to upload each of the forms!

Pre-II R last night. Rooting for the team that’s still in the game!

• Care