You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Michigan
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
serotonin1
Full Member
I got a submission confirmation but not for being complete. That just showed up in the portal!Did anyone else not recieve a confirmation email after submission/payment? I typically get one but I didn't here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted555445
That's what I got tooI got a submission confirmation but not for being complete. That just showed up in the portal!
serotonin1
Full Member
So… are we thinking we’ll have ourselves a Michigan Monday tm?
localcryptid
New Member
last year they tweeted 2 weeks before the first michigan monday, and the first IIs went out in aug about a month before the first interview day in sept. we might get a similar tweet saying theyre 2 weeks out from the first batch?So… are we thinking we’ll have ourselves a Michigan Monday tm?
serotonin1
Full Member
Good thoughts, OOS applicants stay on high alert lollast year they tweeted 2 weeks before the first michigan monday, and the first IIs went out in aug about a month before the first interview day in sept. we might get a similar tweet saying theyre 2 weeks out from the first batch?
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
do you think IIs might start earlier this year since transmission was delayed last year by two weeks?last year they tweeted 2 weeks before the first michigan monday, and the first IIs went out in aug about a month before the first interview day in sept. we might get a similar tweet saying theyre 2 weeks out from the first batch?
D
deleted555445
My guess is tomorrow will be Michigan Monday. They didn’t send out the preparatory tweet two years ago, it might’ve just been a Covid thing
D
deleted555445
It looks like they almost always tweet before 4pm EDT, and can be pretty early, like around 12PM EDT. Occasionally it comes as late as ~7pm EDT. Exciting stuff, especially since they explicitly say you can be invited to interview without all your LORs submitted so its the only school I'm really in the running for right now!
Have previous threads shown any indication of if the secondary complete date impacted these invites? I'm assuming these interviews would be people who submitted secondaries within the first few days of getting them as they've only had like 2 weeks to review?It looks like they almost always tweet before 4pm EDT, and can be pretty early, like around 12PM EDT. Occasionally it comes as late as ~7pm EDT. Exciting stuff, especially since they explicitly say you can be invited to interview without all your LORs submitted so its the only school I'm really in the running for right now!
D
deleted555445
I was looking through the tweet history but can briefly scan some previous threads and seeHave previous threads shown any indication of if the secondary complete date impacted these invites? I'm assuming these interviews would be people who submitted secondaries within the first few days of getting them as they've only had like 2 weeks to review?
D
deleted555445
Data is kinda weak because not too many people are invited this early, but it looks like for the past few years (excluding 2020) most were complete either the first few days in July or earlier.Have previous threads shown any indication of if the secondary complete date impacted these invites? I'm assuming these interviews would be people who submitted secondaries within the first few days of getting them as they've only had like 2 weeks to review?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who knows? We're all in the running haha. MANIFESTING Michigan Mondays right now!From my understanding, OOS applicants typically get their interview invites earlier in the cycle than IS applicants, correct? If so, I really shouldn't be holding my breath for getting an invite tomorrow haha.
D
deleted1074206
I submitted my secondary on 7/8 and took CASPer 6/3 (results delivered 6/20 ish) but it still doesn't have a "Y" underneath CASPer received on my portal...anyone else in a similar situation?
Id maybe send an email and get it double checked. I took casper the same day as you and submitted on 7/9 and mine has the Y underneath itI submitted my secondary on 7/8 and took CASPer 6/3 (results delivered 6/20 ish) but it still doesn't have a "Y" underneath CASPer received on my portal...anyone else in a similar situation?
I submitted secondary yesterday (7/10) and took casper same date, I also don't have a Y.I submitted my secondary on 7/8 and took CASPer 6/3 (results delivered 6/20 ish) but it still doesn't have a "Y" underneath CASPer received on my portal...anyone else in a similar situation?
D
deleted1074206
Glad to know that I'm not the only one. My committee letter still hasn't been uploaded so that might also be the case.I submitted secondary yesterday (7/10) and took casper same date, I also don't have a Y.
D
deleted1037524
I submitted secondary yesterday (7/10) and took casper same date, I also don't have a Y.
Glad to know that I'm not the only one. My committee letter still hasn't been uploaded so that might also be the case.
Mine took a day to update CASPER (taken in June) after I submitted the secondary. Don't have my committee letter in either. It's probably not updated because of the weekend, but should be there soon!
Imma need timmy turner over here after that secondary predication this morning hahaLets hope for that michigan monday today folks
D
deleted1037524
Just noticed that while I don't have a "Y" underneath CASPer scores received, it does say that my application status is complete. Does that mean they received my CASPer?
Also - my committee letter has yet to be uploaded so I'm unsure why my application status says complete?
Michigan apps are complete without letters, and it's one of the few schools that does this. Not sure about the CASPER thing ... maybe they didn't update the 'Y' indicator? If your score was sent and linked with your AMCAS ID, they received it.
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
anyone else keep checking michigan admissions twitter obsessively?
Not sure how accurate this is, but MSAR says that Michigan doesn't start sending II's until August, so we might be in for a longer wait
D
deleted555445
Hmm interesting, its possible the COVID permanently changed their workflow?Not sure how accurate this is, but MSAR says that Michigan doesn't start sending II's until August, so we might be in for a longer wait
D
deleted1074206
I saw the same thing, but also noticed that on their website, they list that "interview invites are emailed as early as mid-July"Not sure how accurate this is, but MSAR says that Michigan doesn't start sending II's until August, so we might be in for a longer wait
Programs & Admissions
D
deleted555445
I just saw that too, I'd trust their website more than MSAR, but who knows, I guess we'll find out by the end of the dayI saw the same thing, but also noticed that on their website, they list that "interview invites are emailed as early as mid-July"
![]()
Programs & Admissions
medicine.umich.edu
serotonin1
Full Member
Michigan Monday starts August 2! Per their Twitter
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted555445
sad!Michigan Monday starts August 2! Per their Twitter
I got the tweet notification and an email simultaneously while on a work call, got very excited thinking that they sent them out simultaneously 🙁
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Looks like MSAR was telling the truth then. But there are like at least 6 or so schools that MSAR says offer II in July so there’s still those to look out for.Michigan Monday starts August 2! Per their Twitter
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
dang, i thought it would be earlier. oh well!Michigan Monday starts August 2! Per their Twitter
D
deleted555445
Looks like I listened to an all Eminem playlist while working out yesterday for nothing. But its okay, that's just my normal workout playlist.
Do you remember what those schools were by chance?Looks like MSAR was telling the truth then. But there are like at least 6 or so schools that MSAR says offer II in July so there’s still those to look out for.
NormalUsername42
Full Member
The four that I applied to that say they begin handing out II’s in July are Keck (7/12), UVA (7/15), Pitt, and NYU. I know Jefferson has already started handing some out. Don’t know any others because I haven’t specifically checked for them.Do you remember what those schools were by chance?
sleepypremed22
Full Member
Seems on the GW forum that they have also begun sending out IIThe four that I applied to that say they begin handing out II’s in July are Keck (7/12), UVA (7/15), Pitt, and NYU. I know Jefferson has already started handing some out. Don’t know any others because I haven’t specifically checked for them.
It seems that Keck hasn't sent out any yet 😩The four that I applied to that say they begin handing out II’s in July are Keck (7/12), UVA (7/15), Pitt, and NYU. I know Jefferson has already started handing some out. Don’t know any others because I haven’t specifically checked for them.
NormalUsername42
Full Member
There’s still 2 hours left in the day on the east coast, (5 at Keck), so I’m not losing hope yet!It seems that Keck hasn't sent out any yet 😩
They said on twitter that it does not play a large role in determining who gets an interviewAnyone know how they take the Casper exam into consideration when reviewing applications? Like is there a certain percentile cutoff you need to hit or anything like that?
...but it may be used in final admissions decisions? Suspiciously specific word choice to say only in the interview selection process.They said on twitter that it does not play a large role in determining who gets an interview
no that doesnt make sense... if it played a major role in who they accept they wouldnt waste time interviewing low scorers...but it may be used in final admissions decisions? Suspiciously specific word choice to say only in the interview selection process.
I don't get why that would destroy your chances or make any difference if you've met their letter requirements.Who did you all use for your letter of recs? I feel like I just destroyed my chances by omitting my biochem prof. I sent:
A microbio prof I TA'd for
A nonscience public speaking prof
A PI
A long term employer
A volunteer coordinator
A physician (I know... I shadowed for a semester over 70ish hours but still)
I'm kicking myself, UM is my top choice and I hastily submitted the letters on a few hours of sleep
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted555445
Meanwhile I've got the best of both worlds. No committee letter (too old) and still waiting on an LOR 😛From what I've read, I'm glad my university doesn't have them. Some applicants can't be complete until August when their packet comes in
D
deleted555445
For you fans at home, I just got my last LOR received. Thanks everyone for their support, lets all #GoBlue!Meanwhile I've got the best of both worlds. No committee letter (too old) and still waiting on an LOR 😛
When does a committee letter become too old for UmichFor you fans at home, I just got my last LOR received. Thanks everyone for their support, lets all #GoBlu
D
deleted555445
The committee letter wasn't too old. I was too old for the committee letter.When does a committee letter become too old for Umich
Edit: Just to clarify, at my school you can only get a committee letter within 1 year of graduation. So non-trads can't get one. I wouldn't be surprised if many undergrads had the same policy
Thank you!