You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Michigan
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oops, I wasn’t posting the interview dates in response to your question (that’s why I didn’t do a direct response to your question). I was forwarding that link if the list of dates would be helpful to anyone for whatever reason. The list of dates doesn’t indicate the dates of Michigan Mondays, but according to previous cycles info, it appears to be every Monday with the exception of holidays.Those are their interview dates. Is there any info out there on how frequently they do their “Michigan Monday” interview invite days though?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted555445
From a fellow low GPA high MCATer, love to see it.II this morning. OOS, 2.85 ugrad GPA, 3.74 grad GPA, 517, ORM, complete 6/28.
for michigan we have to fill out extra essays in order to interview, is this just a michigan thing or is it something common to other schools that we have to do?
Anecdotally I've heard Rochester does this.for michigan we have to fill out extra essays in order to interview, is this just a michigan thing or is it something common to other schools that we have to do?
I also have an II from Jefferson and they do not do this.
What are the extra essays?for michigan we have to fill out extra essays in order to interview, is this just a michigan thing or is it something common to other schools that we have to do?
On July 29th (last Thursday) I got an email from an MD/PhD person saying that my department of interest (Philosophy) has decided not to accept graduate students/applications for 2022. So, they offered me to be reviewed for MD-only. Idk if that means they've started looking at MD/PhD applications or not, but it seems possible.Are they sending anything for MSTPs today?
MSTP apps are typically reviewed and invited to interview separate from MD applicants.Are they sending anything for MSTPs today?
sleepypremed22
Full Member
What are the short-form interviews? Are they like an MMI?
Sounds like it. You have six 6-minute "interviews at interaction stations with members from the med school community". (Of course, this is all done virtually.)What are the short-form interviews? Are they like an MMI?
bernedoodle
Full Member
Can confirm that Rochester is making me do this. Have to list my three most significant extra-curricular/volunteer experiences and answer 2, 200 word prompts.for michigan we have to fill out extra essays in order to interview, is this just a michigan thing or is it something common to other schools that we have to do?
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
yup. same here, I feel so scared. last week it was fear + slight excitement. now it's just fear and dread.Not that im expecting anything lmao... but do Monday interview invites occur every Monday?
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Hooray for collective fear and dread! 🙂yup. same here, I feel so scared. last week it was fear + slight excitement. now it's just fear and dread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1037524
I’m curious: has anyone gotten an II (or do y’all know of anyone from past years) without LORs in? Ik Michigan marks people complete without them.
Fingers crossed ... this would be a big one!
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
congrats! what are some of the things about it that have stood out to you (if you don't mind sharing)?Excited for you guys! The more research I'm doing on the school / university as a whole to prepare for my interview, the more I'm falling in love with it.
Good luck!Excited for you guys! The more research I'm doing on the school / university as a whole to prepare for my interview, the more I'm falling in love with it.
I can type this up in a bit!congrats! what are some of the things about it that have stood out to you (if you don't mind sharing)?
AM IIs?
Nothing according to TwitterAM IIs?
It is also interesting because if you look at their website, it shows that only 27 people have scheduled interviews so far. Which is weird since they said they sent out 48.I wonder if there's a chance they're skipping today?
I noticed something interesting: There were 48 IIs sent out for the first Michigan Monday this year; last year, it was 27 (455 total IIs), while in 2019, it was 17 (468 total IIs).
So what you're saying is that there's going to be 21 IIs sent out today 😎
Yeah, I thought that was strange! Why would the other people choose to hold off on scheduling...It is also interesting because if you look at their website, it shows that only 27 people have scheduled interviews so far. Which is weird since they said they sent out 48.
Wow some people are so elite that they can ignore umich II
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
I really wish I knew whether they were sending out any IIs today...if not, I can stop checking my email every 2 minutes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted555445
I’m betting they are. It’s still early, and I’m pretty sure they do them every Monday until they stop giving them out
localcryptid
New Member
does anyone know if the tracker includes mstp apps? my first thought was that since their mstp deadline is a month earlier the other iis were for mstp and not counted on the trackerIt is also interesting because if you look at their website, it shows that only 27 people have scheduled interviews so far. Which is weird since they said they sent out 48.
Got the II! Completed 7-9
OOS II received!
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/09
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/09
From the admissions twitter:
"36 interview invitations have been sent to applicants from 26 undergrad institutions and 18 states on this #UMichMedMonday."
"36 interview invitations have been sent to applicants from 26 undergrad institutions and 18 states on this #UMichMedMonday."
Wonder which institutions get more than one
Nonpath2MD
Full Member
II OOS! Complete 7/16
OOS II received! Was complete on 7/7. It looks like there's some programming leading up to the interview day which sounds really cool!
Last edited:
Ok so the dream did not workI had a dream I got an accepted email from UMich last night. 🥴 Didn't really question it even though I haven't been interviewed yet. Perhaps a portent of tomorrow? 🙏
Your dream was a premonition of a dream you'll have this coming SundayOk so the dream did not work
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
congrats!! LM and Casper if you don't mind sharing?OOS II received! Was complete on 7/7. It looks like there's some programming leading up to the interview day which sounds really cool!
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
congrats to everyone who received a II!!
man, do these Mondays really amplify the feelings of self-doubt and sadness a 100 times over...
man, do these Mondays really amplify the feelings of self-doubt and sadness a 100 times over...
As an OOS this made me sad lolseems like the trend of OOS applicants receiving most of the first few weeks of IIs is continuing this year. any other IS ppl finding some solace in that too?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
I truly think the worst part of this is the fact that (at least for me) I can't give up hope. Last week and this week, I told myself not to expect anything. This week, I told myself to really not expect anything for next week. But some part of my stupid self can't help still holding on to a little bit of "what if." I hate it so much. Anyways, just wanted to vent. PMs are open if anyone else wants to vent.
I am IS and haven't heard anything. In past cycles, I have heard Michigan sent II's primarily to OOS applicants before it got cold (winter). Not sure how applicable this information is since interviews are online this year. Regardless, congrats to everyone who received a II today!
I don't think this was as much the case last year b/c virtual interviews, that being said I also think I've heard one person mention being IS who got an interview so far so I think there is a trend but maybe not a hard and fast delineation between the two like years past (aka in-person II)I am IS and haven't heard anything. In past cycles, I have heard Michigan sent II's primarily to OOS applicants before it got cold (winter). Not sure how applicable this information is since interviews are online this year. Regardless, congrats to everyone who received a II today!
I got an II without LORs being in.I’m curious: has anyone gotten an II (or do y’all know of anyone from past years) without LORs in? Ik Michigan marks people complete without them.