2021-2022 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who already interviewed, how do you think it went? What was the format? Is it an MMI?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who already interviewed, how do you think it went? What was the format? Is it an MMI?
Two semi open file (no academics) 30 min interviews! One of mine was the best of the cycle so far and I felt incredibly validated and respected. Hoping everyone here gets to experience an interview day as wonderful as I did!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows when they start sending rejections?
I haven’t heard anything from them

Anyone knows when they start sending rejections?
I haven’t heard anything from them

Last year's thread shows pre-II rejections occurred around mid/late October. In 2019 (pre-COVID), pre-II rejections came out in mid-September. The admissions committee meets on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month and communicates the results of those meetings between Wednesday and Friday of the same week.

OUWB has stated that they don't delay in communicating your status. If they don't intend on extending an interview, they'll let you know as soon as your app has been reviewed. No news is good news, as that means you are still under consideration.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year's thread shows pre-II rejections occurred around mid/late October. In 2019 (pre-COVID), pre-II rejections came out in mid-September. The admissions committee meets on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month and communicates the results of those meetings between Wednesday and Friday of the same week.

OUWB has stated that they don't delay in communicating your status. If they don't intend on extending an interview, they'll let you know as soon as your app has been reviewed. No news is good news, as that means you are still under consideration.
Thank you so much. So they haven’t rejected anyone yet, right?
Also is there anyone is still waiting for them (completed end of July?)

Also is there anyone is still waiting for them (completed end of July?)
I'm still waiting and I was complete near the end of july

Reactions: 2 users

Possibly. COVID has impacted the MCAT, applications, AMCAS processing, ECs, jobs, etc. It's also likely delayed the rate that schools are processing apps. Some ADCOMs are working completely remote.

One thing to always remember is that SDN =/= the applicant pool. Only a small subset of students post here. Of that subset, only a select amount will post their progress. People are eager to share their successes (interview invites, acceptances), but most won't rush to post their letdowns (waitlists and rejections).

Last edited:
Possibly. COVID has impacted the MCAT, applications, AMCAS processing, ECs, jobs, etc. It's also likely delayed the rate that schools are processing apps. Some ADCOMs are working completely remote.

One thing to always remember is that SDN =/= the applicant pool. Only a small subset of students post here. Of that subset, only a select amount will post their progress. People are eager to share their successes (interview invites, acceptances), but most won't rush to post their letdowns (waitlists and rejections).
Yeah I know i keep reminding this to myself. But unfortunately I’m very stressed and keep checking these posts. Thank you for your comments

I was complete July 4th and still have not heard back....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who interviewed -- am I understanding this correctly in that aside from the presentations and stuff, our actual interviews are through the portal?

head feels GIF

Damn everybody getting rejected today it seems like.

• Care
Can people please try to give a general vicinity of when they were complete when posting II or R? Thanks!

Rejected today as well. Complete 8/2. Good luck to those still in it, seems like a good school!

• Care
Complete 7/4 and seemed to have dodged the R for now....but also no II. Just silence. I'll take it I guess lol :)

Reactions: 8 users
I have no idea. Silence is better than an R right now is I guess what I'm saying. Since I was complete so early I'm guessing I was reviewed already? But who knows how they do things :unsure:
Same here

Does OUWB give merit full tuition scholarships to OOS students? If so, do OOS students have to pay the OOS minus IS tuition difference or is that covered in the full tuition scholarship?

Does OUWB give merit full tuition scholarships to OOS students? If so, do OOS students have to pay the OOS minus IS tuition difference or is that covered in the full tuition scholarship?
OUWB is a *private* school, but IS and OOS tuition are the same.

Last edited:
MSAR has OUWB listed as public BUT with the same tuition prices lol
I went to one of their online info sessions that clarified their tuition for me. Oakland Univ is public, but Beaumont School of Medicine is private.

Reactions: 2 users
I went to one of their online info sessions that clarified their tuition for me. Oakland Univ is public, but Beaumont School of Medicine is private.
Like penn state I think. Though it does seem that penn state prefers PAers

Anyone else get emails from their diversity office? Thought it was an II lol.

Anyone else not heard back since July?

Reactions: 6 users