You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Oakland (Beaumont)
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
serotonin1
Full Member
Two semi open file (no academics) 30 min interviews! One of mine was the best of the cycle so far and I felt incredibly validated and respected. Hoping everyone here gets to experience an interview day as wonderful as I did!For those of you who already interviewed, how do you think it went? What was the format? Is it an MMI?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mind sharing stats?II received today! Complete 7/29.
Anyone knows when they start sending rejections?
I haven’t heard anything from them
Last year's thread shows pre-II rejections occurred around mid/late October. In 2019 (pre-COVID), pre-II rejections came out in mid-September. The admissions committee meets on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month and communicates the results of those meetings between Wednesday and Friday of the same week.
OUWB has stated that they don't delay in communicating your status. If they don't intend on extending an interview, they'll let you know as soon as your app has been reviewed. No news is good news, as that means you are still under consideration.
Thank you so much. So they haven’t rejected anyone yet, right?Last year's thread shows pre-II rejections occurred around mid/late October. In 2019 (pre-COVID), pre-II rejections came out in mid-September. The admissions committee meets on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month and communicates the results of those meetings between Wednesday and Friday of the same week.
OUWB has stated that they don't delay in communicating your status. If they don't intend on extending an interview, they'll let you know as soon as your app has been reviewed. No news is good news, as that means you are still under consideration.
Also is there anyone is still waiting for them (completed end of July?)
I'm still waiting and I was complete near the end of julyThank you so much. So they haven’t rejected anyone yet, right?
Also is there anyone is still waiting for them (completed end of July?)
Thank you so much. So they haven’t rejected anyone yet, right?
Possibly. COVID has impacted the MCAT, applications, AMCAS processing, ECs, jobs, etc. It's also likely delayed the rate that schools are processing apps. Some ADCOMs are working completely remote.
One thing to always remember is that SDN =/= the applicant pool. Only a small subset of students post here. Of that subset, only a select amount will post their progress. People are eager to share their successes (interview invites, acceptances), but most won't rush to post their letdowns (waitlists and rejections).
Last edited:
Yeah I know i keep reminding this to myself. But unfortunately I’m very stressed and keep checking these posts. Thank you for your commentsPossibly. COVID has impacted the MCAT, applications, AMCAS processing, ECs, jobs, etc. It's also likely delayed the rate that schools are processing apps. Some ADCOMs are working completely remote.
One thing to always remember is that SDN =/= the applicant pool. Only a small subset of students post here. Of that subset, only a select amount will post their progress. People are eager to share their successes (interview invites, acceptances), but most won't rush to post their letdowns (waitlists and rejections).
Same. Hopefully we’ll hear something soonI'm still waiting and I was complete near the end of july
I
I’ve heard they invite people with higher stats first.I was complete July 4th and still have not heard back....
For people who interviewed -- am I understanding this correctly in that aside from the presentations and stuff, our actual interviews are through the portal?
Just got an R! Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Just got an R! Good luck to everyone!
Damn everybody getting rejected today it seems like.
I’m sorry. Hopefully you’ll get accepted somewhere better than OuWB. Mind sharing stat and when you were complete?Just got an R! Good luck to everyone!
When did you submit your application?Just got an R! Good luck to everyone!
Can people please try to give a general vicinity of when they were complete when posting II or R? Thanks!
Got rejected today. Good luck everyone!
Got rejected as well 😢
Sorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing when you were complete?Got rejected as well 😢
Rejected today as well. Complete 8/2. Good luck to those still in it, seems like a good school!
stardust12
Full Member
Complete 7/4 and seemed to have dodged the R for now....but also no II. Just silence. I'll take it I guess lol 🙂
What does this mean?Complete 7/4 and seemed to have dodged the R for now....but also no II. Just silence. I'll take it I guess lol 🙂
stardust12
Full Member
I have no idea. Silence is better than an R right now is I guess what I'm saying. Since I was complete so early I'm guessing I was reviewed already? But who knows how they do things 🤔What does this mean?
Same hereI have no idea. Silence is better than an R right now is I guess what I'm saying. Since I was complete so early I'm guessing I was reviewed already? But who knows how they do things 🤔
Was complete 8/26 so they rejected me really quick lolSorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing when you were complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mind sharing stats?Was complete 8/26 so they rejected me really quick lol
I got two Rs in one day today!![]()
Damn everybody getting rejected today it seems like.
Thank you!! Stats in signature and complete around 7/15.I’m sorry. Hopefully you’ll get accepted somewhere better than OuWB. Mind sharing stat and when you were complete?
3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA. SMP GPA 3.67 and MCAT was a 502 so yeah probs stats for me lolMind sharing stats?
hello_2311_
Full Member
II today!!
Can you please share stats and when you were completedII today!!
Does OUWB give merit full tuition scholarships to OOS students? If so, do OOS students have to pay the OOS minus IS tuition difference or is that covered in the full tuition scholarship?
OUWB is a *private* school, but IS and OOS tuition are the same.Does OUWB give merit full tuition scholarships to OOS students? If so, do OOS students have to pay the OOS minus IS tuition difference or is that covered in the full tuition scholarship?
Last edited:
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
MSAR has OUWB listed as public BUT with the same tuition prices lolOUWB is a private school; IS and OOS tuition are the same.
I went to one of their online info sessions that clarified their tuition for me. Oakland Univ is public, but Beaumont School of Medicine is private.MSAR has OUWB listed as public BUT with the same tuition prices lol
Like penn state I think. Though it does seem that penn state prefers PAersI went to one of their online info sessions that clarified their tuition for me. Oakland Univ is public, but Beaumont School of Medicine is private.
D
deleted1115754
Anyone else get emails from their diversity office? Thought it was an II lol.
D
deleted897683
What do they screen for?Turns out they do screen
Minimum mcat and gpaWhat do they screen for?
Minimum 495 MCAT and undergrad sGPA of 3.00 *or* post-bac or graduate GPA of 3.5 with at least 24 credits in math/science.What do they screen for?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Application complete email on 07/01 and haven't heard back since. Hopefully they'll get to us soon!Anyone else not heard back since July?
Same hereAnyone else not heard back since July?
When were you complete? Mind sharing stats?Pre interview R. 9-24