2021-2022 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah and the have 50/50 for IS vs. OOS. I am an OOS applicant and have a low mcat but I am assuming most schools will interview high stats applicants first even if they do a holistic review.
Possibly?

Sometimes I wish I had a crystal ball or be a mind reader of sorts. Well, I'll just post here if I get an II, the dreaded R, or the ambiguous Hold. HA!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah and the have 50/50 for IS vs. OOS. I am an OOS applicant and have a low mcat but I am assuming most schools will interview high stats applicants first even if they do a holistic review.
That would make sense, but only if all applicants turned in their stuff at the same time.
In reality there are just as many procrastinators among high stats people as average people, so applications will be trickling in over weeks to months. Schools will be evaluating complete apps as they come in.

II! IS complete 7/15

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
brand new M1 here so I know essentially very little but do want to give back to the sdn community. I did want to mention that mandatory lectures for honors was mentioned in past threads, but as of this year it is no longer a requirement to attend lectures for honors though the same threshold remain for passing and honors.

II OOS! No strong ties to Michigan, but I wrote good, thoughtful secondary essays

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
whats the post II acceptance rate, I cant find it on any docs

whats the post II acceptance rate, I cant find it on any docs
IS and OS 275 interview, 62 and 63 matriculate in so a 22% chance to matriculate in. MSARs does not provide accepted data, so they might not report it at all.

Just saw that they require 1 course in Statistics (Math or Social Science based) and don't accept AP credit.....has anyone reached out to admissions to see if this is a hard requirement? I was a non-science major:(

• Sad
Just saw that they require 1 course in Statistics (Math or Social Science based) and don't accept AP credit.....has anyone reached out to admissions to see if this is a hard requirement? I was a non-science major:(
Yes, it is a requirement.

And another webinar email. Psychological warfare is the name of the game

Reactions: 2 users
At least you got that lol. Haven’t even got the webinar emails

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Can y'all post the link to the webinars?

The next webinar is Monday, August 16 @ 11 AM (EST)

Reactions: 1 users

The next webinar is Monday, August 16 @ 11 AM (EST)

Sup. Current m1 at OUWB, I figured I would make a new account for the next 4 years. We are only one week in but I can already tell that I made the right choice with this school! Very glad that faculty got rid of the attendance rule as well.. I think that was the big/only complaint from last year's forum. Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! I am interviewing next month (my first ii!!) and I was wondering if any MS or people who have interviewed already have any advice, input, or can speak about the community at OUWB

Hey! Any OOS still waiting for a secondary? I meet all their requirements and got verified July 27. I'm a re-applicant and got a secondary with a 503 MCAT last time. I have a higher MCAT score now (received yesterday) but no secondary. Should I reach out to them?

Hey! Any OOS still waiting for a secondary? I meet all their requirements and got verified July 27. I'm a re-applicant and got a secondary with a 503 MCAT last time. I have a higher MCAT score now (received yesterday) but no secondary. Should I reach out to them?
It took me a week to get a secondary after my app was transmitted. Make sure to look in your spam folder. OUWB's emails were the only ones to get put into spam for me

It took me a week to get a secondary after my app was transmitted. Make sure to look in your spam folder. OUWB's emails were the only ones to get put into spam for me
Hey thanks! I've been vigilantly monitoring my spam folder, nothing so far. Do you think I should reach out to them?

Hey thanks! I've been vigilantly monitoring my spam folder, nothing so far. Do you think I should reach out to them?
Ahh maybe they were waiting for your MCAT score to be received? I would personally wait a day or two and then reach out if you haven't gotten anything yet

Did anyone attend today’s interview?

Hey all, current OUWB student happy to answer any questions.

Hi everyone! I am interviewing next month (my first ii!!) and I was wondering if any MS or people who have interviewed already have any advice, input, or can speak about the community at OUWB
Hey yeah i can speak to the ouwb community a little bit-i’m an M1 so ive been here for about 3 weeks. But ive been extremely impressed with all of the faculty, staff, and resources provided to students, and of course, the students themselves. I was extremely skeptical about everything going in. I figured that all the talk about being part of a “community” was a marketing tool and nothing else. That is totally false. Ouwb really seems like they want to be a top tier medical school and will do whatever it takes to have everyone succeed. Here’s a case in point: in years past, M1s in the anatomy lab wrote in their course evaluations that they wanted more faculty attention during the labs (because some of the labs are very involved and dissections take a long time) and this year theres gotta be 5 physicians and another 5 or 6 m4 students rotating around to help you with everything and anything. In every instance, the faculty is begging for your involvement in improving the courses.
Another great thing is how upperclassmen share their resources with m1s, and just being pointed in the direction of the beat possible study resources saves you a ton of time and effort.

im also a way out of state transplant here in MI and the sense of community here made the transition seamless.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone see the start interview button on your portal? This is regarding the email they sent. Or maybe it shows up once your time comes closer
How did your interview go? Was it more of a chill session or demanding with tough questions? My interview is in 2 weeks and I was just curious.

Still waiting on a secondary, but I just reached out to them so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon