2021-2022 Oakland (Beaumont)

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah and the have 50/50 for IS vs. OOS. I am an OOS applicant and have a low mcat but I am assuming most schools will interview high stats applicants first even if they do a holistic review.
Possibly?

Sometimes I wish I had a crystal ball or be a mind reader of sorts. Well, I'll just post here if I get an II, the dreaded R, or the ambiguous Hold. HA!
 
yeah and the have 50/50 for IS vs. OOS. I am an OOS applicant and have a low mcat but I am assuming most schools will interview high stats applicants first even if they do a holistic review.
That would make sense, but only if all applicants turned in their stuff at the same time.
In reality there are just as many procrastinators among high stats people as average people, so applications will be trickling in over weeks to months. Schools will be evaluating complete apps as they come in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brand new M1 here so I know essentially very little but do want to give back to the sdn community. I did want to mention that mandatory lectures for honors was mentioned in past threads, but as of this year it is no longer a requirement to attend lectures for honors though the same threshold remain for passing and honors.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just saw that they require 1 course in Statistics (Math or Social Science based) and don't accept AP credit.....has anyone reached out to admissions to see if this is a hard requirement? I was a non-science major🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I am interviewing next month (my first ii!!) and I was wondering if any MS or people who have interviewed already have any advice, input, or can speak about the community at OUWB
 
Hey! Any OOS still waiting for a secondary? I meet all their requirements and got verified July 27. I'm a re-applicant and got a secondary with a 503 MCAT last time. I have a higher MCAT score now (received yesterday) but no secondary. Should I reach out to them?
 
Hey! Any OOS still waiting for a secondary? I meet all their requirements and got verified July 27. I'm a re-applicant and got a secondary with a 503 MCAT last time. I have a higher MCAT score now (received yesterday) but no secondary. Should I reach out to them?
It took me a week to get a secondary after my app was transmitted. Make sure to look in your spam folder. OUWB's emails were the only ones to get put into spam for me
 
It took me a week to get a secondary after my app was transmitted. Make sure to look in your spam folder. OUWB's emails were the only ones to get put into spam for me
Hey thanks! I've been vigilantly monitoring my spam folder, nothing so far. Do you think I should reach out to them?
 
Hey thanks! I've been vigilantly monitoring my spam folder, nothing so far. Do you think I should reach out to them?
Ahh maybe they were waiting for your MCAT score to be received? I would personally wait a day or two and then reach out if you haven't gotten anything yet
 
Hi everyone! I am interviewing next month (my first ii!!) and I was wondering if any MS or people who have interviewed already have any advice, input, or can speak about the community at OUWB
Hey yeah i can speak to the ouwb community a little bit-i’m an M1 so ive been here for about 3 weeks. But ive been extremely impressed with all of the faculty, staff, and resources provided to students, and of course, the students themselves. I was extremely skeptical about everything going in. I figured that all the talk about being part of a “community” was a marketing tool and nothing else. That is totally false. Ouwb really seems like they want to be a top tier medical school and will do whatever it takes to have everyone succeed. Here’s a case in point: in years past, M1s in the anatomy lab wrote in their course evaluations that they wanted more faculty attention during the labs (because some of the labs are very involved and dissections take a long time) and this year theres gotta be 5 physicians and another 5 or 6 m4 students rotating around to help you with everything and anything. In every instance, the faculty is begging for your involvement in improving the courses.
Another great thing is how upperclassmen share their resources with m1s, and just being pointed in the direction of the beat possible study resources saves you a ton of time and effort.

im also a way out of state transplant here in MI and the sense of community here made the transition seamless.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad