2021-2022 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back about merit scholarships? šŸ‘€

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back about merit scholarships? šŸ‘€
They handed those out back in March. Iā€™m sure as people withdraw their acceptances their offers will be given to others next in line.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard back today? When are the next decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know there should be movement starting May 1 but will there be much movement soon when people withdraw some offers for the April 15 deadline?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I know there should be movement starting May 1 but will there be much movement soon when people withdraw some offers for the April 15 deadline?
Great question. Past threads show there is 1-2 movements off of deferrals between April 15th and May 1. And it makes sense since there are some lagging interviews from late March and early April the committee has to review and compare to others who have been deferred. Disclaimer: I donā€™t know how this year will compare to last. Heck, Iā€™m not even an adcom, just an applicant in WL/deferral purgatory šŸ˜„. Edit: the committee meets once every two weeks, so it would make sense to see at least one more decision period before April 30 for recent interviewers and deferrals.

Reactions: 4 users
Heya people! Like the previous post before me, I scanned the threads from past year and there seems to be a lot of movement end of April to early May for the waitlist. There should be another round of decisions coming this week also, which I believe are the final ones before the deferred list becomes waitlist. I checked the MSAR, and it seems to indicate that there was 100 people that got off of the WL last year, so there is still hope, like a giant 100-seat hope! Yall who were interviewed are all awesome people, don't lose hope!

On another note, as I was checking the MSAR, I remembered to check the average student indebtedness of OSU, which was around 182000. I was wondering if this number is just from medical school or also includes other student loans students may have taken prior to OSU?

• Love
Does anyone know if there is the possibility of hearing back today regarding acceptances via AMCAS CYMS? I heard it usually updates in the morning around this time a day before either Wed or Friday. I am not sure but I think today might be the last day before May 2nd onwards movement. Praying for all of us hanging there on the deferred list.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is the possibility of hearing back today regarding acceptances via AMCAS CYMS? I heard it usually updates in the morning around this time a day before either Wed or Friday. I am not sure but I think today might be the last day before May 2nd onwards movement. Praying for all of us hanging there on the deferred list.
Nothing on my end

Reactions: 1 user
If this helps at all: For people who are on the WL, if OSU is your first choice, and you really really wanna join, please consider sending in an update letter or a LOI if you've not already, and if you have, send an update letter/ continued interest if it has been a while. I have heard from some people I met during the school tour(current m1s and ,m2s) and also learned from last year's thread that once given an interview, they do respond well to a good, genuine LOI with some getting that A within days of sending one in.

Has anyone heard on amcas today regarding decisions?

Did anyone receive their financial aid package yet? I know they said sometime this week so wondering if they sent it out already

I can only wait so long for this waitlist. Iā€™m gonna commit to Cincy mid May if they havenā€™t said anything yet. Need to find my apartment lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I can only wait so long for this waitlist. Iā€™m gonna commit to Cincy mid May if they havenā€™t said anything yet. Need to find my apartment lol
At least you have another acceptance!! Lol I'm working on reapplying if I don't get accepted off the waitlist.

Can any current student talk about the flexibility of the preclinical years? Outside of lectures, what other stuff takes up most of your time in the ā€œteam based learningā€ category? I know some students have mentioned acronyms like LP, LG, LC, TBL? Thank you in advance! šŸ˜

Did anyone just get an email about a merit scholarship? Email says the director of student financial services will contact you in the next few days to explain the details and the specific amount of your award. But we have to narrow down to 1 school by Monday?!?!

Ahhh I'm so nervous for tmmrw/ this week! I hope we hear good news this week bc I've heard there's lots of movement. Knock on wood...

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know when the waitlist starts to hear back? Tomorrow?
I know this week it starts. Has anyone seen any news regarding acceptance on AMCAS CYMS for tomorrow? Are we expected to see these changes on there or just receiving a phone call?

I checked the last two years on SDN, and users started posting phone call acceptances the day after the PTE/CTE date. So that would be tomorrow. Good luck to all those hoping to hear from Dr. Rankin! (myself included)

Iā€™m so nervous right now. I hope all of us get off the waitlist! Should I send my letter of intent today or tomorrow?

Reactions: 3 users
Iā€™m so nervous right now. I hope all of us get off the waitlist! Should I send my letter of intent today or tomorrow?
Send it today, because waitlist movement might start tomorrow

Send it in today, the earlier the better so that they can process it and place it in your file.

Just got call for for the A! Thank you to everyone who helped out on this tread and good luck to the rest of you throughout this process :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
congrats guys!!! šŸ˜Š did it show up in the CYMS?

Did yā€™all get emails too?

Congrats!! Did it update the day before?? Mine has not yet updated so I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to hear today :(
No emails yet, and it didnā€™t update the day before like with previous acceptances on this thread. Instead it updated around the time I got the call.

I had been deferred since February and it didnā€™t show up in my CYMS until after I received the call. My vitals also hasnā€™t updated yet

Did they tell you guys how long you had to decide?
They didnā€™t, but Iā€™m assuming itā€™s according to the deadlines OSU has set in place where you have to commit to enroll by July 18th.

They didnā€™t, but Iā€™m assuming itā€™s according to the deadlines OSU has set in place where you have to commit to enroll by July 18th.
thanks! was just wondering bc a lot of schools have a timespan where you have to choose between any new waitlist acceptances and your previous pte school that is different from the cte date

Does anyone know how often folks on the waitlist have the possibility of hearing? I know the most movement is supposed to happen this first week of May.

Last edited:
Stay positive guys! Im sure the times Dr. Rankin calls this week will vary!

if you guys look at last years thread people posted acceptance calls almost every day the first week and a few days into the second :)

Reactions: 3 users
May the four-ce be with us šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

• Care
just got a scam call from an unknown ohio number....so much pain

Kyle Mooney Wow GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Sending positive vibes to everyone! I know how much it sucks to be waiting for a decision, so I sincerely hope you guys hear good news soon.

Reactions: 5 users