2021-2022 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite this morning!! Totally surprised

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, wanna hear a tragedy(lol not really)? It's funny actually...I was all like let's get ready for that interview... and decided to get a nice haircut, but my luck...she messed up and now I'm having a military buzz cut instead of Devon pravesh type hair from the resident. I guess imma just be trying to holt(get it???) it together at the 'view. Thought that might help with the stress just a bit!😭😭🤣

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Guys, wanna hear a tragedy(lol not really)? It's funny actually...I was all like let's get ready for that interview... and decided to get a nice haircut, but my luck...she messed up and now I'm having a military buzz cut instead of Devon pravesh type hair from the resident. I guess imma just be trying to holt(get it???) it together at the 'view. Thought that might help with the stress just a bit!😭😭🤣
dw you're hot af king

Reactions: 1 users
Alex Karev? It’s all good. Maybe your interviewer will be bald/have a buzz cut too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I was looking for my secondary to prepare for my interview next week but wasn't able to access it, any suggestions on how to get about it? should I call the office? and would that affect their decision-making process at all? Any advice is much appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
When is the next decision date? Is it always biweekly on Wed?

Hello, I was looking for my secondary to prepare for my interview next week but wasn't able to access it, any suggestions on how to get about it? should I call the office? and would that affect their decision-making process at all? Any advice is much appreciated
I'd say look at the questions on the front pages of the forum and try to reformulate your answers, I am sure you will be able to create an answer close to what you originally wrote.

Any other accepted peeps who received a merit scholarship email this week?

I just checked AMCAS CYMS and it shows that I was accepted to OSU this morning!!! Based on what I read here, I'll wait to receive the official acceptance tomorrow I assume, but I'm still stoked. OSU is my top choice. I've been deferred from OSU since 12/15 so I am beyond ecstatic. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
For those of you who might know, when does most of the deferred/waitlist movement occur?

I just checked AMCAS CYMS and it shows that I was accepted to OSU this morning!!! Based on what I read here, I'll wait to receive the official acceptance tomorrow I assume, but I'm still stoked. OSU is my top choice. I've been deferred from OSU since 12/15 so I am beyond ecstatic. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.
That is amazing!! Has anyone else heard back? Also, do we know the next decision date? :)

Hey, I got my merit scholarship info today! I am super happy to have gotten 100% tuition covered but was a little confused on what this meant. I am out of state and it says it covers 100% of baseline instructional fees (tuition) but not non-resident surcharges for out-of-state students. As I’m out of state, does that mean it covers in state tuition but not fully OOS? Probably will email and ask but wanted to see if I’m understanding that correctly.

If anyone who has gotten merit aid info could pm me your stats, I’d appreciate it! Want to see if there’s a chance at me getting something but guessing not since it seems notifications have already gone out haha

Hey, I got my merit scholarship info today! I am super happy to have gotten 100% tuition covered but was a little confused on what this meant. I am out of state and it says it covers 100% of baseline instructional fees (tuition) but not non-resident surcharges for out-of-state students. As I’m out of state, does that mean it covers in state tuition but not fully OOS? Probably will email and ask but wanted to see if I’m understanding that correctly.
You will just be paying the OOS surcharge on top of your own living expenses. Details are on the OSU Financial Aid website.

Do you know if everyone's AMCAS gets changed before tomorrow?

mine didn't update, interviewed late February :(. Also fearing the worst. anyone know if CYMS doesn't update immediately?

mine didn't update, interviewed late February :(. Also fearing the worst. anyone know if CYMS doesn't update immediately?
I feel like if it didn't update then that means deferred. Does anyone know the next decision date?

Accepted today after being deferred in November!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
a GroupMe has been been created for accepted students! Please join everyone!

does anyone who got accepted feel comfortable sharing the email they got?? i’m just super curious lol

Does anybody know where we're supposed to send thank you letters? They didn't mention it on the day, so I'm thinking just email them to my interviewers directly?

Are acceptances always released on AMCAS one day early before its officially reported on VITALS or was that a one-off occurrence?

Tbh at this point I’m gonna email them and invite them to interview with me

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
No update on my CYMS either. It may have just been a one-time glitch, or maybe it will come out in the afternoon there

So did no one get any news today? Did they figure out the system(cyms)or just something else going on? Or just someone who did see it didn't post anything(not on sdn)?

My OSU CYMS updated to accepted this AM

• Love
Reactions: 3 users