You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Ohio State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How do we know the ppl who joined are all accepted students? 😂If it helps, there’s been a decent amount of turnover on the accepted student GroupMe. About 13 people have left and 7 have joined as of right now since Sunday.
Ohio1
Full Member
Mind saying how many people are in the GroupMe right now?If it helps, there’s been a decent amount of turnover on the accepted student GroupMe. About 13 people have left and 7 have joined as of right now since Sunday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
129Mind saying how many people are in the GroupMe right now?
Ohio1
Full Member
That's actually really promising considering last year's enrolled class was ~200. Granted, there could be some accepted students not in the GroupMe, but 70 missing people overall. Thanks for the information!
The slack has even less people! Only like 70
peppy-doctor
Full Member
They may be busy today with the convocation ceremony for class of ‘22, just saw their insta story
OscillationX
Full Member
Definitely agree that this is probably the reason there hasn’t been a ton of movement todayThey may be busy today with the convocation ceremony for class of ‘22, just saw their insta story
manifesting osu calls us today
Metere Quod Seminas
New Member
My phone is starting to win our 5-day staring contest! 😂
More like 3 month long staring contest for me 😂 Been deferred since early March…My phone is starting to win our 5-day staring contest! 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coffeebean2
Full Member
who wants to call and ask about waitlist movement so they can give us an unhelpful generic response 😀
There was some movement yesterday and one this morning joined (GroupMe). Wishing you all good luck!
peppy-doctor
Full Member
As someone who was in that position last year (1 interview, 1 WL then R right before class start) I highly recommend acting as if you plan to reapply, and take a critical look at your app now to see how you can improve. Don't give up hope of course, just have a backup plan! 😊 take it easy, try not to stress out too much. You have worked hard & will get to where you want to go eventually!What are y'all going to do if you don't get in? I'm freaking out because I am feeling a lot of pressure and anxiety. If anyone here is working on reapplying and wants to swap apps pls lmk!
As someone who was in that position last year (1 interview, 1 WL then R right before class start) I highly recommend acting as if you plan to reapply, and take a critical look at your app now to see how you can improve. Don't give up hope of course, just have a backup plan! 😊 take it easy, try not to stress out too much. You have worked hard & will get to where you want to go eventually!
I couldn't agree more with what peppy-doctor said! I was in your shoes and now am accepted. Don't give up hope, but it's better now to prepare for not getting in just in case. I know it was painful for me personally to look at my app and all of the hard work I did and know that I would need to re-apply all over again, but it was so worth it. I recommend you to start looking at your app with a critical eye, reach out to some of the medical schools you applied to, to see if they would be willing to do a rejection review and to start asking people you trust to look over your app and give you advice. Best of luck and hang in there!!What are y'all going to do if you don't get in? I'm freaking out because I am feeling a lot of pressure and anxiety. If anyone here is working on reapplying and wants to swap apps pls lmk!
Same as the above posts, Do not lose hope, there is still a chunk of at least a couple more months and while the movement may not be fast it will be there. However, I would also start preparing for the new cycle right now, just in case. Furthermore, I was also in the WL gang last year. I was on the waitlist for NEOMED and didn't hear back. One thing I did as I was on WL since December was to take a hard look at my application and look for things I can do to change it. I decided to redo my application. I know that I had some good experiences, which I'm sure that a lot of y'all have also. I looked at my GPA and MCAT and found them to be lacking, and decided to
1) retake the MCAT again, due to having an ok score, but I knew I could do better if I prepared more this time.
2) decided to try at an SMP program to see if I can get a better GPA, with the added benefit of the SMP I took-- Toledo MSBS is a pipeline program for their MD class, with a guaranteed interview. While the SMP didn't pan out as I'd hoped( they do teach mostly the same stuff as their M1 class, but they also don't interview you till the end of April and let you know if you got in until the end of July even, with many ppl in the program being taken off of the waitlist, also with almost no communication there over the year, so kinda murky in nature there.)
Regardless, those are not the only things you can do, you can work to improve your application with new activities, research etc. but please try and update them overall. I would also try to apply to DO programs if you have not already. OUHCOM is an awesome program in the state of Ohio, and is said to be one of the better medical programs overall in the country, both DO and MD included.
I would highly recommend that you see if what updates you have for the application are significant enough to justify the schools taking a look again. I say this from experience, and after talking with a person on the adcoms. They do oftentimes put the apps from your previous attempt and new one to see what has changed. They said that they basically wanna know why they should give you a second chance when they said no once already. If you find the changes are not significant enough, then I would stay a year and take my time to build a solid application to reapply with. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is your future success defined by how early you got into medical school. This is something I can tell you being a reapplicant myself.
I apologize for grammar and other errors, I have been typing from a phone...
1) retake the MCAT again, due to having an ok score, but I knew I could do better if I prepared more this time.
2) decided to try at an SMP program to see if I can get a better GPA, with the added benefit of the SMP I took-- Toledo MSBS is a pipeline program for their MD class, with a guaranteed interview. While the SMP didn't pan out as I'd hoped( they do teach mostly the same stuff as their M1 class, but they also don't interview you till the end of April and let you know if you got in until the end of July even, with many ppl in the program being taken off of the waitlist, also with almost no communication there over the year, so kinda murky in nature there.)
Regardless, those are not the only things you can do, you can work to improve your application with new activities, research etc. but please try and update them overall. I would also try to apply to DO programs if you have not already. OUHCOM is an awesome program in the state of Ohio, and is said to be one of the better medical programs overall in the country, both DO and MD included.
I would highly recommend that you see if what updates you have for the application are significant enough to justify the schools taking a look again. I say this from experience, and after talking with a person on the adcoms. They do oftentimes put the apps from your previous attempt and new one to see what has changed. They said that they basically wanna know why they should give you a second chance when they said no once already. If you find the changes are not significant enough, then I would stay a year and take my time to build a solid application to reapply with. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is your future success defined by how early you got into medical school. This is something I can tell you being a reapplicant myself.
I apologize for grammar and other errors, I have been typing from a phone...
Thanks for your great advice everyone! I will still try to be optimistic for this cycle but begin reapplying! My MCAT (510) and gpa (3.77) is pretty mediocre but I will give it a shot next cycle anyways! I will apply early and to more schools and improve my writing/ change activity descriptions! I am also adding a new LOR from a physician I worked closely with this year on a clinical research project. Good luck to everyone in a similar boat!
DuckyxPatrol
Full Member
I haven’t heard anything eitherAny acceptances this week? I wonder how many spots are left haha
coffeebean2
Full Member
a few years ago it seemed like the biggest wave was at the start of june, hopefully it'll be earlier than that though so we can make other cte deadlines
coffeebean2
Full Member
congratulations!!! so nice to hear they're still calling people hahahaGot the call this morning !
AMAZING!! congrats!!Got the call this morning !
Do you mind if you share when you were waitlisted so i can have hope hehe
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I Interviewed late January and was waitlisted since FebruaryAMAZING!! congrats!!
Do you mind if you share when you were waitlisted so i can have hope hehe
Here's the linkOk for my accepted homies how do I join the groupme’s
Last edited:
peppy-doctor
Full Member
Fingers crossed for more waitlist movement this week! I’m limited by my other school’s earlier CTE so I’m really manifesting this May movement 🤞🏻
When is your other schools CTE? I thought all schools have the same CTE in late July lolFingers crossed for more waitlist movement this week! I’m limited by my other school’s earlier CTE so I’m really manifesting this May movement 🤞🏻
peppy-doctor
Full Member
June 1st!When is your other schools CTE? I thought all schools have the same CTE in late July lol
coffeebean2
Full Member
this is kind of a disappointing amount of movement for the first 2 weeks 🙁
coffeebean2
Full Member
thanks for telling us! must just not be a lot of sdn users getting the calls lolA friend of mine got his call off the waitlist on Monday! Pretty sure he interviewed sometime in February.
Got the call as well! interviewed in jan
Metere Quod Seminas
New Member
CONGRATULATIONS!! Did they call you this afternoon?Got the call as well! interviewed in jan
FuturePhysicianBuckeye
Full Member
Any movement today?
smoldumpling
New Member
I got the call for an A this morning around 8 AM ET!! Edit: interviewed end of MarchAny movement today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OscillationX
Full Member
Just received the call! I am in tears bro!
FuturePhysicianBuckeye
Full Member
Is movement every day or only on Monday’s and Wednesdays?
Ohio1
Full Member
I don't think there's a set timeline like that. My guess is they just send in the acceptance calls whenever they're ready to.Is movement every day or only on Monday’s and Wednesdays?
FuturePhysicianBuckeye
Full Member
I’m praying we hear today 🤞🤞🤞like to claim positive energy ✨
Last edited:
coffeebean2
Full Member
do we think most of the movement is over at this point? like are we into the point where it's just a few more random late ones