2021-2022 Ohio State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do we think most of the movement is over at this point? like are we into the point where it's just a few more random late ones
I don't think we can really be certain, but there are still only 145 in the accepted-student GroupMe so I'd say the movement probably isn't over. I think the admissions committee takes their time with this, meeting some days and other days not.
 
I don't think we can really be certain, but there are still only 145 in the accepted-student GroupMe so I'd say the movement probably isn't over. I think the admissions committee takes their time with this, meeting some days and other days not.
the different meeting days thing makes sense, for numbers sadly i was basing it off of the 219 members in the facebook group 😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well that's depressing 🤐.
Yeah I saw that too. Granted 6 of them are admins I believe. I don’t know if there are other non-students in the group. And keep in mind that there may still be people in the group who were accepted but who withdrew recently. Nevertheless, I think we have passed the peak WL movement, but for the past 5 years they have pulled from WL into at least June; occasionally July. Not to mention I’m sure the WL has shrunk from people withdrawing. So while it ain’t a great situation for us WL people, it isn’t terrible either. Give it a little bit more time.
 
Wow it’s basically over 🙁 — what happens when they meet? How often do they meet? There was so much movement earlier this week and now it’s basically done and I’ve officially lost hope. Do you have to be an accepted student to join the Facebook page or is it accessible to all interviewed students? It seems like the Facebook page is mostly full 🙁(
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So basically I missed their calls in May due to being on Korea and having my us phone number not in service and they emailed me saying they were tryna reach me to ask if I am still interested in being on waitlist. Is that normal or can I expect good news (aka A)?
 
Wait they called to ask if you want to be on the waitlist still?? I never received a call and I thought it was implied that we’re on a waitlist! 🙁 When did they call you in May??
 
Wait they called to ask if you want to be on the waitlist still?? I never received a call and I thought it was implied that we’re on a waitlist! 🙁 When did they call you in May??
Yeah so I'm confused cause they could've sent me an email asking me if I was still interested being on the alt list (been since feb) so I'm wondering if it's cause it was an A call and they're just saying that??
 
Yeah so I'm confused cause they could've sent me an email asking me if I was still interested being on the alt list (been since feb) so I'm wondering if it's cause it was an A call and they're just saying that??
Did you receive a voicemail? I thought they only called for acceptances but I can also be wrong! Also on AMCAS CYMS and the Vitals tool you can see if you were accepted by OSUCOM!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, that's that. I withdrew from the WL. I talked with admissions on Tuesday; they said the class was full; only way to get on is if someone drops out or gets a deferral between now and orientation. Sorta bummed- seems they had a lot less WL movement (at least on SDN) compared to past years. Welp, good luck all.