2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've also seen completely contradicting information. They claim they don't take any update letters or new information after secondary submission but then there is an anecdote in this thread of someone sending updates/support letter and getting in shortly after.

I've always been cautious to follow their 'rules' because I don't want to give the impression that I think the rules don't apply to me. I would send a kind email or phone call to admissions inquiring about sending a LOI, but that's just my opinion.
When I called, they said after April 30.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R this morning. Been on hold since February. Good luck to everyone waiting for an A!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Joining the pre-II R wave!!! Gz and gl everyone :)

• Care
Pre-II R. Was on hold for an interview since October lol

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, I just checked my CYMS tool on AMCAS and it says that I am on the alternate list for Penn State. Does anyone know if this is the waitlist or something different?

Hey y'all, can someone please let me know how to withdraw my acceptance? Thanks so much! Good luck to everyone on the alternate list :) I hope it goes to one of you

Reactions: 2 users
email the admissions team. That should be enough. That's all I did
Hey y'all, can someone please let me know how to withdraw my acceptance? Thanks so much! Good luck to everyone on the alternate list :) I hope it goes to one of you

Members don't see this ad :)
Could an accepted student share the size of the group me page? Thank you in advance!

I feel like they WL half of their incoming class with that number
AAMC requires that all schools accept enough students to fill their seats by March 15th, so Penn State has to have at least sent out 150 acceptances. I'm kind of surprised at how few acceptances they seem to have sent out though, so I would guess there is a good deal of WL movement once people start dropping their Penn State As?

AAMC requires that all schools accept enough students to fill their seats by March 15th, so Penn State has to have at least sent out 150 acceptances. I'm kind of surprised at how few acceptances they seem to have sent out though, so I would guess there is a good deal of WL movement once people start dropping their Penn State As?
Why do you feel they have sent out few acceptances? The Facebook page is almost at 200 and I am sure some don't join. I would assume they have already sent out at least 300 acceptances to be honest.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we think we will hear back this week if we have not heard yet?

Just wondering, is being placed on hold the same as the alternate list?
Yes, I think so. When I accessed the CYMS tool a while back, I saw that I was on the alternate list even though my email classified it as a post-interview committee hold.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten off the alternate list yet?
Radio silence from what I’ve seen unfortunately :/ provided PSU has an unranked waitlist, I’m not shocked that there hasn’t been anything yet. Hopefully starting tomorrow or early next week we’ll begin to see some movement!

Reactions: 5 users
For any currently admitted students, out of curiosity, how many people are currently on the PSUCOM c/o 2026 GroupMe?

I’m surprised at how little movement there has been. if the group me #s are somewhat accurate and with people withdrawing their As, I would think it would be more active🧐

I’m surprised at how little movement there has been. if the group me #s are somewhat accurate and with people withdrawing their As, I would think it would be more active🧐
doesn't most activity usually happen on Thursday/Friday afternoons or is that a pattern i'm totally imagining

Reactions: 4 users
MD acceptances reported off WL from the past 4 cycles on sdn only. Not strong data but seems like PSU pulls people every 2 weeks after PTE deadline (except COVID cycle last year). I didn't look into June though as I assumed most WL movement stops after 5/31

2017-18:
  • 5/10 (Tuesday)
  • 5/24 (Thursday)
2018-19:
  • 5/15 - 5/17 (Wed - Fri)
2019-20:
  • 5/14 (Thursday)
  • 5/29 (Friday)
2020-21:
  • 5/6 (Thursday)
  • 5/21 (Friday)

Reactions: 5 users