2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone hear back recently? Seems like the FB page went up quite a bit.
Facebook page probably went up because they sent an email out to accepted students yesterday about second look day with a link to the Facebook page

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Facebook page probably went up because they sent an email out to accepted students yesterday about second look day with a link to the Facebooj page to watch for announcements
Thank you! This makes sense.

Anyone who interviewed late January hear back yet?
I'm still waiting to hear back, interviewed on January 26th. Tbh idk if it's worse to receive a hold/waitlist, or not hear anything at all. I'm hoping that since second look day is soon, we should be hearing something back right before?

Members don't see this ad :)
Judging by previous trends, when do you think we should expect more decisions? Do you think more decisions will come out early April?

Judging by previous trends, when do you think we should expect more decisions? Do you think more decisions will come out early April?
Based on last year's thread, it looks like Jan/Feb interviews heard back the first week of April.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if they're done sending IIs? I've been on hold since the fall and would like to know if there's still a chance.

Reactions: 5 users
Based on last year's thread, it looks like Jan/Feb interviews heard back the first week of April.
That's good to hear, hope it's consistent. Idk why they would say "6-8 weeks" when it's clearly not the case lol. Just say from 5-10+ weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the admission committee will meet again? I have been waiting so many months to hear back. I was hoping to make a final decision by April. :/

Does anyone know when the admission committee will meet again? I have been waiting so many months to hear back. I was hoping to make a final decision by April. :/
Same to me. When did you interview? I'm assuming prob same time frame as me (January 26th). Hopefully by next week. I'm also hoping to decide soon and giving them until Mid April...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone think that the next wave of decisions come out next week? Someone said they release decisions Thursday/Friday of the next month.

I just got my A and I interviewed 2/4

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to both of you above! Anyone else hear back from later interview dates?

II - 1/3
IA - 2/7
A - today

Still in shock, so happy to be done this process and excited to see everyone in July

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
How do I access the FB group and groupme as a student who just got accepted? Thank you!

How do I access the FB group and groupme as a student who just got accepted? Thank you!
You can search the facebook page "Penn State College of Medicine Class of 2026" and request to join. The link to join the groupme is in there!

You can search the facebook page "Penn State College of Medicine Class of 2026" and request to join. The link to join the groupme is in there!
would you be able to share the size of the groupme group?

would you be able to share the size of the groupme group?
98. I think there's also some current students in there (not sure how many) and likely some accepted people that have not joined. Maybe those two factors balance each other out? Either way, seems like there is definitely room for more As!

• Love
98. I think there's also some current students in there (not sure how many) and likely some accepted people that have not joined. Maybe those two factors balance each other out? Either way, seems like there is definitely room for more As!
Worth noting the FB group has 175 people by now, so I wouldn't be too sure.

• Sad
pre-II R this morning after being placed on hold in February as well. good luck y'all!

• Care
  • Sad
Pre-II R after being on hold since January. Best wishes to everyone!

• Care
I am once again asking where is my pre-II R? Was put on hold in nov

EDIT: nvm I just got it now

Last edited:
  • Care
Anyone know the rules around post-waitlist letters of intent? I am getting conflicting information from previous years and from calling the admissions office?

Would it be wise to send now, or to wait after the CTE date? Thanks in advance!

Pre-II R. Complete 8/2, OOS. Was on hold since December. Did anyone on hold ever get an II this cycle?

• Care
Anyone know the rules around post-waitlist letters of intent? I am getting conflicting information from previous years and from calling the admissions office?

Would it be wise to send now, or to wait after the CTE date? Thanks in advance!

I've also seen completely contradicting information. They claim they don't take any update letters or new information after secondary submission but then there is an anecdote in this thread of someone sending updates/support letter and getting in shortly after.

I've always been cautious to follow their 'rules' because I don't want to give the impression that I think the rules don't apply to me. I would send a kind email or phone call to admissions inquiring about sending a LOI, but that's just my opinion.