2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been silent since completing on August 4th, should I just assume I’m not going to get an II?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure how they review. I had a friend who got an ii and they were complete 8/24. The interview invite was like 1/5 and then interview was like a few days after that. A week after the interview, they got in.
Meanwhile, I have been complete since 8/24 and silence. Also, I am a reapplicant and last cycle it was silence until the R in April.
Same. Complete 8/24 this cycle. I think the DOs I applied to legit hate me.

Re-app (with significantly better MCAT) from last and hit with that R in April 2021.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure how they review. I had a friend who got an ii and they were complete 8/24. The interview invite was like 1/5 and then interview was like a few days after that. A week after the interview, they got in.
Meanwhile, I have been complete since 8/24 and silence. Also, I am a reapplicant and last cycle it was silence until the R in April.
Yeah I don't know. Most people were completed on that date. So they were obviously pretty swamped with applications. I think on average they get like 6000- which they invite like 10% for interviews. And then accept like 20-25% of those that interviewed.
what are your stats? just wondering if they got to my application to review or if they've already passed it and said nope haha
I've got 3.86 undergrad GPA, of that 3.8 science, and a 4.0 grad GPA. My MCAT is a 496 (I know not fantastic, but they don't have minimum) shoot your shot right 👍🏻. I have pretty good EC's in paid experience, volunteer experience, and clinical experience. I also sent in an update letter a couple weeks ago with my new job, shadowing hours, and volunteer position.
*Honestly think my update letter might have pushed me back a little in the queue.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I don't know. Most people were completed on that date. So they were obviously pretty swamped with applications. I think on average they get like 6000- which they invite like 10% for interviews. And then accept like 20-25% of those that interviewed.

I've got 3.86 undergrad GPA, of that 3.8 science, and a 4.0 grad GPA. My MCAT is a 496 (I know not fantastic, but they don't have minimum) shoot your shot right 👍🏻. I have pretty good EC's in paid experience, volunteer experience, and clinical experience. I also sent in an update letter a couple weeks ago with my new job, shadowing hours, and volunteer position.
*Honestly think my update letter might have pushed me back a little in the queue.
I also have a low mcat. But I have seen people with 490s get in

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I was also accepted today! Interviewed 1/14. So happy I can't believe it!!

I’m in your position, but with a 504 MCAT and a c3.42 w/ sc3.12. I also sent update letters to Philadelphia and SG, but still nothing. Hoping this schedule to March helps us all.
yeah i uploaded letters to the portal and nothing either, but i'm like..are they really checking that 😩 but when i talked to admissions they made it really clear that they prefer the portal

Bumping this question because I see others have received recent acceptances (congrats all!!), has anyone from the 12/21 interview date heard back yet?

Bumping this question because I see others have received recent acceptances (congrats all!!), has anyone from the 12/21 interview date heard back yet?
Yes, my friend interviewed that day and he received an acceptance

Anyone who interviewed: did you send thank you notes to your med student interviewer? I didn't get a chance to follow-up for their email & was wondering if the ADCOM would disclose that contact info?

Anyone who interviewed: did you send thank you notes to your med student interviewer? I didn't get a chance to follow-up for their email & was wondering if the ADCOM would disclose that contact info?
didn't send a thank you to my student interviewer and still got accepted fwiw

Members don't see this ad :)
Still debating on if I should send my letter of interest through the portal or to admissions director email :/

Still debating on if I should send my letter of interest through the portal or to admissions director email :/
through the portal would likely be ideal since there is a portal and it would be one less thing for the director to have to upload

They have always interviewed through March and typically receive at least 12,000 applications throughout the cycle. Not all of them become complete for one reason or another but maybe 75% do. If you send an update directly to a person in Admissions that person has to get to your message in the maybe hundreds they have and then they send to a staff member to upload to your file. If you are not happy with the portal then send to the admissions email box. This is what has been done in the past. New Director so things may have tweaked a bit this year.

Accepted applicant. I received an email to set up an account in PCOM's portal, but when I log into myPCOM, the website says "The requested resource was not found". Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
Just got my log in information today for myPCOM and for me its giving me the error "User name not found" so I can't get in either. I sent an email to the new students email that they mentioned so hopefully they will get it sorted out soon. I would just reach out to them if you are also having issues.

mustering up my courage to polish my letter of intent and to send it. pray for me yall 😅😩

Reactions: 5 users
congrats! stats?
Undergrad gpa were both sub 3.0, SMP/grad c/sGPA 3.4. MCAT 501. OOS. I have a lot of volunteer and clinical work and research in NJ, Philadelphia and Pennsylvania though because my SMP was through Drexel College of Medicine.

any idea when the admissions committee meets? also how soon have ppl been hearing back after interviews?

If i withdraw my acceptance from one PCOM location, would the other locations find out? I've been accepted to one location, but I am hoping to hear back from the other locations instead

If i withdraw my acceptance from one PCOM location, would the other locations find out? I've been accepted to one location, but I am hoping to hear back from the other locations instead
I am hoping and I think the answer to this is no because I withdrew from one after being waitlisted but would love to hear from another.

I have a similar question as the two above me. Does anyone have experience being interviewed/accepted at multiple PCOM campuses or does the likelihood decrease if one campus has accepted you?

For those that interviewed already, was it a one on one or a group interview?

I have a similar question as the two above me. Does anyone have experience being interviewed/accepted at multiple PCOM campuses or does the likelihood decrease if one campus has accepted you?
I have a friend that was accepted into both PCOM-GA and PCOM-PA

+5 & I’m a biomed 😥
Do you fulfill all of the requirements in the guaranteed interview/acceptance? Judging from last year, they did interview a lot of biomeds in Feb - April; so maybe that is not a bad sign

1 hour info session with current students, then a 30-40 minutes one-on-one interview
My time is from 12-4pm tomorrow so it’s just 1 hour of an info session and then one 30-40 min interview. What happens for the rest of the 2.5 hours?

any idea when the admissions committee meets? also how soon have ppl been hearing back after interviews?
I heard back 2 weeks after my interview with the A
My time is from 12-4pm tomorrow so it’s just 1 hour of an info session and then one 30-40 min interview. What happens for the rest of the 2.5 hours?

They have interviews scheduled from like 1:15-4, so you just log off of zoom once the info session is over and wait by yourself until your scheduled interview time comes.

My one friend who interviewed has a 3 hour break to chill at her apartment in between.

Edit: my interview was the first slot after the info session, so when my interview was done by 2pm, my interview day was done.

Last edited:
I heard back 2 weeks after my interview with the A

They have interviews scheduled from like 1:15-4, so you just log off of zoom once the info session is over and wait by yourself until your scheduled interview time comes.

My one friend who interviewed has a 3 hour break to chill at her apartment in between.

Edit: my interview was the first slot after the info session, so when my interview was done by 2pm, my interview day was done.
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification!

Do you fulfill all of the requirements in the guaranteed interview/acceptance? Judging from last year, they did interview a lot of biomeds in Feb - April; so maybe that is not a bad sign
Not exactly. I’m slightly below the required mcat score, but meet every other criteria. They told us that it’s very possible to get an interview without meeting every listed criteria so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

anyone have any idea how they would look at sending two letters of interest? i sent one in decembers and still haven't heard anything so was thinking of sending another

anyone have any idea how they would look at sending two letters of interest? i sent one in decembers and still haven't heard anything so was thinking of sending another
probably too much especially if its nothing different.

I remember the Committee saying that letters of interest aren't worth the paper they are written on. One year we checked all those accepted and the letters of interest in the files. Out of 700 accepted about 100 had letters of interest and almost 80 of them matriculated elsewhere with 20 withdrawing acceptance and losing their deposit to attend a different school. Typically, the Committee felt that letters of interest were being sent to all schools they may have applied to. Their interest was in getting into A school not necessarily their school. They have better things to do than to keep hearing you are interested. They don't even really want updates unless they are very significant. One letter is more than enough if you insist on sending one.

I noticed that my LOR statuses have not changed since 12/2 under the PA campus tab, but it has changed daily for South GA campus. Being an optimistic person, is it possible PA has put me on an invisible hold? Somebody please debunk this so I can release this false hope from my mind!

I noticed that my LOR statuses have not changed since 12/2 under the PA campus tab, but it has changed daily for South GA campus. Being an optimistic person, is it possible PA has put me on an invisible hold? Somebody please debunk this so I can release this false hope from my mind!
I was assuming the same since my LORs have been stuck on 12/2 for the Philly campus as well.