2021-2022 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS with strong ties, complete early august and haven't heard anything rip

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got hit with the priority alternate list! Interviewed mid-September.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lmao rip this thread is dead, NJMS ghosted us all

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Lmao rip this thread is dead, NJMS ghosted us all
The Facebook group number goes up every couple of days, but I’m not sure if that’s from them accepting people and then just not posting here or from people who were accepted a while ago and are gradually finding the FB group

The Facebook group number goes up every couple of days, but I’m not sure if that’s from them accepting people and then just not posting here or from people who were accepted a while ago and are gradually finding the FB group
What FB group?

To those who have interviewed: what was the interview like? And do you have any tips/advice?

Does Rutgers provide merit based scholarship? If yes, when do those get announced?

I was also wondering if anyone heard back about financial aid and housing

To those who have interviewed: what was the interview like? And do you have any tips/advice?
It was laid back, one on one with a doctor. Just make sure you have good grasp on why you want to pursue this path.

I interviewed mid november. Should i send an update letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed mid november. Should i send an update letter?
I interviewed mid October and still waiting for an answer, someone who interviewed mid September just got an answer like a week or two ago. I think they’re backed up.

I interviewed mid October and still waiting for an answer, someone who interviewed mid September just got an answer like a week or two ago. I think they’re backed up.
I interviewed mid October and got a decision almost a month ago. The order has no rhyme or reason to it

Reactions: 1 users
II received earlier last week (OOS student with LM 72 complete early august) and interviewed this week - interview was fantastic, laid back, and informative. dean's session was also informative and the school really cares about its students.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed late October, yesterday I got the acceptance call !!!!!! I'm so incredibly happy!!!:soexcited:

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Did anyone else at this school get interviewed by a resident? Is that common at MD schools these days?

Did anyone else at this school get interviewed by a resident? Is that common at MD schools these days?
I was interviewed by a fifth year general surgery resident, is that not normal ??

I was interviewed by a fifth year general surgery resident, is that not normal ??
Maybe it is these days, at my other interviews I interviewed faculty. My friends father, who is a vascular surgeon, was shocked when I said I was interviewed by a resident. He has not been on the academic side of things in a while, however.

priority alternate list rn, interviewed late nov. pretty devastated, really thought things went well. anyone know how likely it is to get an A from this?

Last edited:
  • Care
To those who have interviewed, where did you send your thank you letters to? Directly to your interviewer, to the portal or to the adcom email?

Have any accepted students received information on the Health and Immunization requirements?

Has anyone else been waiting insanely long for a response? I’m at 15 weeks waiting now.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Same here. Interviewed on Oct. 19th (had a GREAT interview), but nothing yet.
Interviewed on your date, waitlisted more than a month ago. Even though you're experiencing a long silence, it's better than getting a WL already; at least you have a chance of getting an A

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else been waiting insanely long for a response? I’m at 15 weeks waiting now.
I interviewed extremely early on and had a very long wait before being put on high priority waitlist. My point is that a long wait =/= reject.

I think long wait just means that they're unable to make a decision and your app keeps getting pushed to future adcom meetings. So, it's either an A or a WL (though WL more likely). Use this time to send an update/LOI maybe

I’ve posted this in the thread before but l interviewed 9/30 and haven’t heard a thing. Is it worth sending an email to admissions asking if they have any updates or is that a waste of time/an annoyance to them? I’ve been waiting it out for 4 months now. I’d rather not send an update letter bc I don’t have any substantial updates.

Interviewed on your date, waitlisted more than a month ago. Even though you're experiencing a long silence, it's better than getting a WL already; at least you have a chance of getting an A
Yeah. I am not sure what to make it off this silence. NJMS is a true contender on my plans.

Does WL movement usually only happen after May or are applicants accepted at any time throughout the cycle?

did anyone else get the email about the Rutgers Biomedical Science Masters Program Open House, is this associated with acceptance chances into NJMS this cycle

• Haha
did anyone else get the email about the Rutgers Biomedical Science Masters Program Open House, is this associated with acceptance chances into NJMS this cycle
One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. It is common at a whole bunch of schools. They know you applied (they are either getting your info from AMCAS or directly from NJMS), and they know the odds of anyone getting into any med school are low.

It's marketing in case you don't get in, since premeds who don't get accepted anywhere are prime candidates for these programs. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't read into it. I get them all the time from a bunch of schools.

I doubt any applicant here knows the real answer to your question. If it helps, I didn't get this email.

Has anyone who interviewed in early december heard anything? Call or email?

Reactions: 1 users
I got the regular alternate decision email today. Best of luck to everyone

I interviewed Dec 8th. Felt like the interview went well. The interviewer was talking for most of it.

I interviewed Dec 8th. Felt like the interview went well. The interviewer was talking for most of it.
I felt the same thing about mine but got the regular list. There is no way to figure out what went wrong or why they had a bad impression. Just a tough place to be but use it to see how you can improve on ur other interviews!!

+1 early December interview, appeared to be a very successful interview but ended up receiving regular alternate list today.

Regular alternate list today, interviewed 12/13. Good luck to everyone else!

First II LM 67.5 ORM out of state.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users